autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Car Covers

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Car Covers

Please I need your suggestions on a car cover. I live in Maryland, I will be keeping my new Boxster in the garage for the winter. It all washed, glazed, sealed and polished, I wanted to get your thoughts on what car cover to purchase and what to ask for. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Covers

Cover Craft is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Covercraft has custom fit indoor car covers for your vehicle.
    Covercraft Car Covers offer protection and an attractive fit in a variety of fabrics & patterns! dustop, evolution, cover craft, truck, custom,

Or, instead:
    Strategically place a few soft flannel blankets over it.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Covercraft, I'm basically happy with my Covercraft NOAH cover, it does go through hell here with heat, sun, high winds and dusts.

If you forsee that you will only need an indoor cover, and never have a need for one to stand up to outdoor ravages, then this will lower the price of a custom fitted cover considerably. And there are a number of covers to choose from.

Note the materials of such, and what you feel will be ideal for your personal needs. There may be the possibility of directly contacting Covercraft with a few models in mind, that they may be able to send you small samples of the material for you to inspect.

If there are any custom options on your vehicle, such as spoilers, etc, Covercraft and their dealer network will most likely ask you this, but be sure to if not.

Generally, the indoor covers can be easier to maintain, that they are less bulky, and can possibly be more easier cleaned in a regular household washing machine without a problem. My NOAH is so large-bulky, and due to material type is pretty much a no go for any home washing machine.

The cleaner a cover can be kept, the less chance of instilling any slight marring to the finish.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We did quite a bit of research before coming to the conclusion that California Car Cover was the way to go. We bought two; one for our 71 Challenger and one for our 68 Mustang. Very impressed with fit, finish, and customer service.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post
    I have a '69 original paint Shelby GT-350 with the flannel lined cover on it. Works great. My 2009 GT-500 has the Covercraft Duststop cover and that is also a really good one, too. Either way, you won't go wrong with either of these. BTW, I live in Virginia and both cars are garaged.

Post Thanks / Like

Car Covers-dscn0275-jpg

Just a small clarification so there's no confusion for the original poster, California Car Covers are Covercraft Car Covers. One and the same, and as I understand it they are one of Covercraft's premier Dealers.

It was where I ordered my Covercraft NOAH Cover from.

For the original poster, and IMO, it sounds like the Duststop Cover would be about the best pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post