autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Pro Paint Restoration System Review

Hi everyone. I recently got my hands on the mother's professional paint restoration system. I have read many good reviews on both products.

I have a set of aftermarket black wheels on my daily driver. They are clear coated and I figured this would be a perfect place to try these two products. I did not use foam pads. I actually used a mothers mini powerball and a power cone with the compound. I applied the polish by hand. I was not looking to get 100% correction since I daily drive this car. I just wanted them to look better. I did these two wheels off the car. I will be finishing up the other two as I lost daylight.

After reading many reviews and Mike Philips thread I knew what to expect.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-comments.html

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I did take these with my iphone. I didn't have my good camera with me. But overall I am happy with both products. The compound is very easy to use. One thing that stood out to me was that is did not dust for me. It has a long working time as well. The polish worked great as well. It refined the finish and removed the haze from the compound.

This was the first wheel I worked on. All of them look the same. But you can clearly see the swirls. Don't mind the ding on the spoke.

Here's and after shot of after using the compound on a mini powerball. You can clearly see the swirls were removed and the clarity has been restored.

This is the finished shot. I sealed them up with Mothers M Tech synthetic wax.

This is the second wheel I worked on. It was getting dark so I moved into the garage. You can see the white oxidation between the spoke.

This is after using the compound with the power cone and polished by hand.

I had an LED flashlight on hand. You can see all the imperfections on the spoke. I got a little glare from the chrome lip.

This after using the compound with the mini powerball. Much better.

Followed up with the polish by hand. I played around with Mothers glaze after I polished this wheel . There are deeper imperfections as you can see in this photo but I have no intentions to remove them as I will be replacing these wheels with new ones due to the chrome lip starting to bubble from underneath the chrome.

I don't have any final shots of this wheel. I sealed this one up with Mothers M Tech synthetic wax as well. They look much better and I am very impressed with mothers professional paint restoration system. I would recommend this to anyone. One can't beat the performance and the results for the price. I also liked the M Tech synthetic wax. Talk about easy removal.

I also played around with the M Tech tire shine. I applied it with a lake country tire applicator that I got on ebay. I cleaned the tires with meguiar's D143. This is back on the first wheel I worked on and bolted back up.

Before

After

Products used.
    Mothers Professional Paint Restoration System
    Mothers California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze comes after Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner but before Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wax. Cleans and smooths
    Mothers PowerBall Mini Polishing Tool is a small, foam polishing ball that works with Mothers metal & car polishes! Attach to your electric drill for
    Mothers PowerCone Polishing Tool, drill polishing tool, foam polishing cone, power cone, polish wheels, polish metal, mother metal polish
    Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301

More Reviews on Mother's Professional Products
    Review: Mothers Professional Compound and Polish
    Pro Review - Mothers Professional Refinishing System - Pic Heavy

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems the powerball dis a better job than I had expected. The wheels look a lot better! Good job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    My compliments. Very nice review. I have the Mothers mini powerball and use it to polish my stainless steel exhaust; however, I have been hesitant to use a powerball on wheels. Thanks to your review, I may have to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Pro Paint Restoration System Review

Quote Originally Posted by ken tuep View Post
    It seems the powerball dis a better job than I had expected. The wheels look a lot better! Good job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online
    Thanks. The powerball worked out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltopay View Post
    My compliments. Very nice review. I have the Mothers mini powerball and use it to polish my stainless steel exhaust; however, I have been hesitant to use a powerball on wheels. Thanks to your review, I may have to give it a try.
    Thanks. This is not the first time I have used the powerball on wheels. My other car had black wheels at one point as well and I used the powerball on them but with M105/M205.

As you know it is a soft foam so it won't damage the wheels. It offered enough correction to get the wheels looking much better.

Just figured I would pass along my experience and the method I used.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I finished the last two wheels with the same method. All of them look great. I took one last photo of the front driver side wheel. This was the first one I worked on. They look much better. I should have gotten an angle shot to show the tire shine better in the sun light.

In the day light.

With the sun going down. It gives a nice matte finish. I'm sure another coat will give it more gloss.

Overall I am very pleased with Mothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. I did the same thing with Mother's Power Cone + M205 last year on my set of rims.

I used the power cone on the aluminum disk and between the spokes and a DA with 3.5" pad for wherever it could reach.

Post Thanks / Like

The wheels turned out great, nice write up.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review and the results are spectacular!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of positive Mothers reviews lately. Good to see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a compound and polish that is user friendly but gets the job done.