autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Fire Total Eclipse Tire Gel review

Received this as my freebie on my last order and the weather finally broke and it was finally warm (48 F) enough for me to wash my new car. After washing and drying the car I decided to dress the wheels.

Smell:

The first thing I noticed was the smell. A lot of the other tire dressings that I have used in the past have a chemical smell to them probably due to them being silicone based or containing solvents. BF Total Eclipse Tire Gel smells like cherries. This probably explains the pink color. BF Tire Gel is water-based and solvent free which is probably why it doesn't have a chemical smell.

Consistency:

BF Tire Gel is very thin and watery even after shaking it well. Not sure if it's supposed to be this thin. Because of the watery consistency one has to be careful when adding it to the applicator of choice. I actually dripped some on my just washed wheels because even though it's thin it does not soak quickly into my new foam applicator (cheap tire foam from autozone). I must say that even though it is thin and watery, a little goes a long way.

Application:

A thin line of product was added to new autozone tire foam and then applied to the tire. This was the process for each tire. Excess was not wiped off as it was applied thinly to begin with. Second application was immediately applied to the first tire after finishing the fourth tire.

Results:

The first application resulted in a matte or natural tire shine. The second application resulted in a satin finish which I think looks great. I did not add any more so I do not know if more applications would result in a high gloss. As far as sling this product had no sling even not letting the product dry after the second application. I had to drive off within 2 minutes of applying the second coat and when I got home there was nothing on the wheels or the sides of the car. I really like this product and will continue to use it. I will report durability when I have more data.

Picture attached to show finish after two applications:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Fire Total Eclipse Tire Gel review-800_20130326_172117-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Fire Total Eclipse Tire Gel review

Nice review, and my tire gel is like a jel and isn't runny at all so I don't know what was with yours. Its good stuff and lasts forever.

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO gel is the way to go with tire dressings.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a different experience. I use pretty much all BF products but the tire gel is very weak as far as a shine and lasting ability. I prefer pinnacle black onyx much more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Good review! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review
    I do not think I have used any product but the Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Gel on my own vehicle.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    BF tire gel was my tire gel last year and I really liked it, complete adjustability as far as tire shine level. Very similar product to DP tire gel and Wolfgang black diamond, all great products I've tried and/or have. That said, the Pinnacle black onyx sample I have right now and have used is the best tire gel I have ever used and this is why; the shine is between matte and gloss right away and has great durability from what I've seen so far. Its going to be a while since I've got an entire quart of DP tire gel but when its done, its Pinnacle black onyx for me!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

i just used a sample of blackfire total eclipse gel and i'm very impressed as well. my sample was a thicker lotion (not gel or runny). tires are very very deep black without much of a shine. seems really sticky as a i had to apply it like a wax in little circles rather than swiping it on. I spirtz it later on and it beaded like a sealant/wax. hope it holds up, but looks promising.