autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Comparison - Pinnacle

Greetings All:
    I have been scouring through several of the Forum's and I don't see much discussion and comparison regarding Pinnacle products.

I'm certainly know top notch pro like Mike and others on here but I do understand that so much of the shine and can we really get enough shine - seems to be determined on first understanding what need(s) your paint has, selecting the proper product(s) and having the skill to prep the paint and to apply the correct technique.

I recently left work only to go to my car (private parking lot - then again not so private) only to see a kid tap dancing on the hood of my car. Putting 2 creases, 1 ding and scratches on the hood. Luckily I am up here in Maryland and my Paintless Dent guy is Bob McConkey who I happen to see on a popular T.V. show called the Pat Goss show. Bob did a great job and you would never know anyone was tap dancing on the hood. I use a young man in Northern Va who owns DND Auto Detailing, Dan Cohen. He is fantastic. Great service, personable, workmanship is top notch and at a reasonable price and he was able to get all of the scratches out. When I picked up my car I had noticed how the glass was so clean and shining. I asked Dan what he used and he said he topped the glass off with Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

Back to Pinnacle. Any comments, suggestions and comparisons?

Thanks,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Signature series 2 paste wax good bang for ur buck. Also like souveran liquid wax as well normally apply liquid before the paste.
    I have used advanced swirl remover, finishing polish, and there paint cleansing lotion. liked it but like menzerna products better. Still use the cleansing lotion on occasion.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Comparison - Pinnacle

I also LOVE Signature Series II. The Bodywork Shampoo is also excellent! Very thick foam and long lasting. I'm not too crazy about XMT 360 aio, but it has it's place. I use Crystal Mist Detail Spray sometimes with good results. Hopefully I will get to use the Paintwork Cleansing Lotion in the coming weeks. Oh, did I mention I LOVE SSII!

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle is old school. Nobody talks about it because it's not the flavor of the week and most products use tried and true technology. However, products are top notch. Most discussion is about the newer products on forums. However, anything Pinnacle you use will not disappoint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Pinnacle is old school. Nobody talks about it because it's not the flavor of the week and most products use tried and true technology. However, products are top notch. Most discussion is about the newer products on forums. However, anything Pinnacle you use will not disappoint.
    Alot of Pinnacle products are carnuba based as opposed to SperNanoPhobicThingAmajig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

The only Pinnacle stuff I didn't like was the liquid souveran; lacked in durability, but very glossy.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle has long term reputation as making the grade, the waxes and sprays are easy to use with great results.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    Alot of Pinnacle products are carnuba based as opposed to SperNanoPhobicThingAmajig.

Pinnacle products are great...

Post Thanks / Like

The line is little bit expensive, but I have never been disapointed in one of their products.
    2013 Infinity JX35 White Pearl, 2009 BMW 528XI White
    1969 Primrose Yellow 4.2 XKE
    2002 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 7.3

Mike Phillips

I have a full buff out to do today but a lot, not all, but a lot of the cars that have been through our show car paint polishing process have been buffed and waxed using Pinnacle products. Two such cars continually win first place awards at all the car shows they are entered into and at least one of these will be on display at Detail Fest this year, check them out...

1970 Barracuda Extreme Makeover

Before

Completely filled with holograms from the mis-use of a rotary buffer!

After

1970 1/2 Camaro - Show Car Finish by Pinnacle

Before

Swirls, scratches and DA Haze...

Pigtails and Tracers plus lots of swirls...

After

Here's another car...

1969 Camaro Pace Car - Show Car Makeover

Before

Swirls, water spots and scratches...

This shot is to frame-up the following shots so you can tell where the close-ups are being taken. Every body panel looked the same way...

Close-up...

After

Here's yet another...

1939 Lincoln Zephyr - Swirls Removed - Show Car Finish Restored

Before
    Before Frank drove the car into the studio I had him park it in front of Autogeek in full sun.

Here are the pictures I took showing the true condition of the paint.....

These next shots are all cropped out from the above picture...

The entire finish was swirled-out...

After

Pinnacle polishes and waxes work great and work consistently well across a wide-range of paint systems.

Goes without saying you still need to use good technique, clean and quality buffing pads and the right tools.