autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 28 : Chemical Guys - Glossworkz Car Wash / Shampoo Review

Chemical Guys Glossworkz -> everyone boasted to me about how this soap was so great, they buy it by the gallon etc, well I'm sure glad I only bought 16 oz (ended up with 32 oz before I used it)
    Glossworkz has only one ability.. washing the car, however that's okay, because that's what it was designed for wasn't it? To provide a powerful safe and glossy finish wash (Later I explain how Gloss and Wash can also strip LSP for you at a higher dilution ratio)
    Okay, so does Citrus Wash and Gloss by Chemical Guys
    Here's the catch wash and gloss is cheaper, and you use 1 cap per 4-5 gallons, 1 cap! thats 1/3-1/4 of an oz.
    Glossworkz dilutes 1 oz per gallon, so 4 oz per wash..
    It smells awesome, cleans well, has good lubricity, provides a glossy finish, but no glossier than wash+gloss
    I was extremely disappointed, why would anyone buy this? I would take Wash and Gloss for this purpose every single time over Glossworkz -> Wash and Gloss can even be used a surface cleanser (LSP stripper at 1 oz per gallon)
    So there is my concise review of Glossworkz, I don't mean to offend anyone, just being straight forward here.
    Now some pictures
    note- These pictures are sourced from older photos hence the lower quality etc
    The two bottles of Glossworkz I had, very different colors.. I was told this has no effect on the product

Suds well

Mini Shoot after

Upon Wash Completion

A couple other Car Wash Reviews
    SON1C Synopsis 2 - Chemical Guys - Citrus Wash + Gloss
    SON1C Synopsis 9 - Wolfgang - Auto Bathe
    Thanks for viewing

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 28 : Chemical Guys - Glossworkz Car Wash / Shampoo Review

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I know it's your opinion but I love glossworkz. It was the first shampoo i tried from chemical guys and I fell in love with it, so it will always have a soft spot in me. I love the smell of it. Even though you are correct about it requiring more product per gallon I'd still use it all day long for my maintenance wash. I feel it's a little more gentle on the paint. That's just me. I do love wash and gloss like you mentioned since you can use it to strip your lsp, but as soon as I run out of my cwg I'll purchase glossworkz again along with some mr pink.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much use 3oz of each and every car soap i have for my 5 gallon bucket.
    And i like how the glossworkz suds and clean, and it definitely leave a glossy finish behind.

And regardless if the soap can be used as LSP stripper at higher dilution, i still wouldnt use it as a maintenance soap, but thats just me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I know it's your opinion but I love glossworkz. It was the first shampoo i tried from chemical guys and I fell in love with it, so it will always have a soft spot in me. I love the smell of it. Even though you are correct about it requiring more product per gallon I'd still use it all day long for my maintenance wash. I feel it's a little more gentle on the paint. That's just me. I do love wash and gloss like you mentioned since you can use it to strip your lsp, but as soon as I run out of my cwg I'll purchase glossworkz again along with some mr pink.
    to each his own!
    glossworkz is a good soap, theres nothing necessarily wrong with it, I was just disappointed with it personally and I would never buy it again, I'd much rather use wash and clear as my maintenance, honestly only soap I ever want / need is Wash and Clear , I never just wash the car so I have no need for gloss enhancers, I either wax or top with a spray sealant / wax, I'd rather have mr pink (pending its good but I haven't read a negative review on it) or honey dew ( great soap ) over glossworkz as well, as long as you're enjoying it is all that matters though
    also texted you back lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
    I pretty much use 3oz of each and every car soap i have for my 5 gallon bucket.
    And i like how the glossworkz suds and clean, and it definitely leave a glossy finish behind.

And regardless if the soap can be used as LSP stripper at higher dilution, i still wouldnt use it as a maintenance soap, but thats just me....
    maxi suds isn't supposed to strip but it will at higher dilutions it strips for some at rec. dilutions to wash, a lot of people get turned off by the fact that it can strip lsp if you desire, but when you do this you're using 4x4x4x4 the amount so say 16 times
    its like drinking 1 beer vs drinking 16 beers, drinking one beer has no effect (relatively -> not up for discussion) vs 16 beers most people will be on the ground or passed out
    I've personally never noticed wash and clear or wash and gloss diminish my lsp prematurely, but then again I rarely stretch an lsp out to its death lol
    glossworkz does leave a slightly glossy finish but so does wash and gloss (I couldn't tell tell the difference except a lighter wallet) and I don't like the gloss soaps for the fact that these polymers that should be promoting the gloss I would think can inhibit proper lsp bonding etc
    and if you like the glossworkz smell, the wash and clear has the most addictive smell... lol

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive never tried the wash and clear. Whats the difference between it and wash and gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

I love Glossworkz! It seems to provide a higher lubricity for me...especially compared to Black Fire shampoo (which I was very disappointed in).

Post Thanks / Like

I somewhat agree whit you on this review.

I bought a 16oz bottle of this over a year ago. Having used many different soaps in different price ranges I had a quite a bit of a cross section to compare it to. My finding however where much different from most.

• The lubracicity was only average. (Optimum soap / DG901 / CW&G is much better and more versatile)
    • The cleaning was below average IMO. (Optimum soap / DG901 / CW&G is much better and more versatile)
    • The gloss enhancement was non-existent. (Optimum soap / DG901 / CW&G are much better IMO)
    • For the price I can find many better options.

At the end of my bottle I was sure that I would not be buying more. There are so much better options out there IMO.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the bad thing about this soap was the price.
    It is the most expensive soap CG sell.....

But when u compare to like 16oz of WG/BF/Pinnacle.... it is still @ a good price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I somewhat agree whit you on this review.

I bought a 16oz bottle of this over a year ago. Having used many different soaps in different price ranges I had a quite a bit of a cross section to compare it to. My finding however where much different from most.

• The lubracicity was only average. (Optimum soap / DG901 / CW&G is much better and more versatile)
    • The cleaning was below average IMO. (Optimum soap / DG901 / CW&G is much better and more versatile)
    • The gloss enhancement was non-existent. (Optimum soap / DG901 / CW&G are much better IMO)
    • For the price I can find many better options.

At the end of my bottle I was sure that I would not be buying more. There are so much better options out there IMO.

This is basically where I'm at / agree with you
    When glossworkz is compared within its company I find blows it out of the water -> across the board
    But like said when compared outside of their soaps, it fairs well
    Your last two sentences are my thoughts as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast