autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Woobies, Wookies, DG Combo, UPGP, and more on new Fusions

Been a while since I posted. Just got a new shipment so I thought I would post some thoughts. Wont be a lot of pics, just finished products.

Woobies Woobie Microfiber Towel, 6-Pack, edgeless buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel - Buy them!!! This is what I always thought microfiber towels should be. Excellent with QD or as a buffing towel. I will be buying a lot more of these.

Ultra Plush Finishing Towel Ultra Plush Microfiber Final Wipe Towel, 6 Pack - Not bad. These are your traditional two sided towels but very plush and thick after you wash them. Upon arrival I was not that impressed, but after washing them they plumped right up and are very soft.

Wookies Fist Sheepskin wash mitt, Supernatural Wash Mitt, The Wookie mitt, wool wash mitt - I have mixed feelings about this one. Its is awesome at holding suds and of course very soft. However, here's my gripe...for $40.00 I should not have to pick grass seeds out of the wool. I get the whole "natural" marketing thing and all, but take some time to prep the product. I thought I had removed them all, but as I was washing I came across two seeds that could've really scratched my car. I was upset to say the least. My suggestion would be to buy the CarPro mitt over this for the simple fact that DoDo packages this without removing the grass seeds. I'll keep this and use it, but I wish I would've just bought a few more CarPro mitts.Merino wool wash mitt, auto wash mitt, sheepskin wash mitt

Now for the work on the cars today. My wife and I both received our new Fusions. Her's white and mine metallic black. My car came straight from the factory in amazingly good shape. I did no prep other than a few spots here and there. My wife's car came amazingly not in that great of shape. I prepped a few areas, but really need to do a full polish. These are cars that are on the road a lot so I wasn't too worried about the finish being spectacular, but I did want to get some good protection on them and in them.

For the interior, I used UIGP Ultima Interior Guard Plus 12 oz., interior protectant, rubber & vinyl protectant, dash dressing after I cleaned with UISG Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, interior cleaner, upholstery cleaner - There's been plenty of reviews here, by CeeDog and others. Two great products and should be in everyones armamentarium.

For the exterior. On the black I used DG 105 Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105 about a week ago. Great protection and a good look to it. IMO maybe a little muted, but a nice look. Today after wash with UGPW Ultima Paint Guard Wash, car shampoo, auto wash shampoo, car soap, lubricating car wash I applied DG 111 Duragloss Clear Coat Polish (CCP) #111 mixed with DG 601 Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601 at a 4:1 ratio as learned here on the AG forums. Now this is the "wet look". For tires I use UTTG Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant. There might be a few spots that might look like a swirl but its just product I didn't get wiped off in the first round. All pics from iPhone 5.

For the White. All interior the same. For the exterior I used UPGP Ultima Paint Guard Plus, paint sealant, liquid wax, paint sealer, car wax sealant. I applied one coat and waited approximately one hour and applied a second coat. The pics you will see below are shortly after the second coat so it hasn't had time to fully cure. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow after a full 12 hour cure for the second coat. For the tires I used Surf City Beyond Black, sprayed on a microfiber mitt then applied to tires. For both cars I cleaned the wheels with DG 821 Duragloss All Wheel Cleaner (AWC) #821.

And the pics...

This week both cars will get ceramic tint. Should help keep them cool in the summer, and look hot in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Woobies, Wookies, DG Combo, UPGP, and more on new Fusions

Thank you very much for the review! Thumbs up for the direct link to the products of discussion. Very convenient.

The Woobie & UTTG are on my to try list. I remember hearing about Zaino's blonde border free towels, and ponder is this a reincarnation in blue.

Post Thanks / Like

So 111 gave a substanial boost to 105 in terms a wetness? Have any before and after pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    So 111 gave a substanial boost to 105 in terms a wetness? Have any before and after pics?
    +1
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Thank you very much for the review! Thumbs up for the direct link to the products of discussion. Very convenient.

The Woobie & UTTG are on my to try list. I remember hearing about Zaino's blonde border free towels, and ponder is this a reincarnation in blue.
    I agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcw25 View Post
    +1

I'm sorry I don't have any 105 pics.

But yes my opinion is that while 105 looks great, 111 has more of the traditional deep wet look. Especially on a metallic paint like this. The 105 allowed the flake to pop but the 111 added a layer of depth that wasn't there before. Perhaps it had something to do with mixing it with the 601?

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my shipment of the Woobies....my kids keep teasing me about the name.... very soft and no edges....nice...

So far, I do like them but want to give them a try with FK 425...except I have yet to buy the FK.