autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wookies Fist

Post Thanks / Like

Wookies Fist

First off love this mitt!
    Only down side I can see for some is if its fully saturated it has some weight so I won't be using this mitt if the foam gun doesn't remove enough grime to my satisfaction

Maintenance tips/tricks I hand wash and rinse,ring the mitt out the best I can and then blow dry using medium heat. Stick a wire coat hanger down the inside and let hang dry in closet over night. Brush it out with a pet comb and then put in a 2 gallon ziplock bag with a bunch of silica packs in the Baggie.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a nice mitt. I just can't see giving a "blow and comb out" to my wash mitt though.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wookies Fist

Wow..I looked at that mitt....looked like a small dog..lol. Sounds like it works good....I have been using a Meguiars Microfiber Mitt...it works pretty good....I just purchased a Natural Sea Sponge....have not got to to use it yet....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Looks like a nice mitt. I just can't see giving a "blow and comb out" to my wash mitt though.
    My wife thought I was nuts when I went for the blow dryer in sure you could get away with out and just letting it air dry. To me the amount of hair that's on this monster I'd rather it dry than start to smell.

Curious to see how everyone else maintains there wookie mitt
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used mine for the first time yesterday. It loads well with suds and is gentler on your paint than anything else I have ever used. Never the less, it takes a great deal more maintenance. Since it is essentially a sheep hide stitched into a wash mitt, I am most concerned about drying the inside. I, like the poster above, used a modified clothes hanger to hold the inside open and hang it while it dries. In fact, the leather/hide inside is still wet this morning. Any suggestions would be appreciated by me as we'll

Post Thanks / Like

Try this.... this seems to work for me.

After you rinse and ring out the mitt, put it between a large waffle weave towel (folded in half). Roll the towel (with the mitt in between) from one edge to the other. The towel will absorb most of the water off the mitt. Roll the towel again into a tube and put it inside the mitt then pat or squeeze it down firmly from the outside. I normally would then hang it on a hanger and let it air dry overnight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea I'm going to stuff it with a couple microfibers and roll it out! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one try using a clothes dryer but on the lowest dry setting ? "Air dry"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lim3 View Post
    Any one try using a clothes dryer but on the lowest dry setting ? "Air dry"
    That causes the fur to clump together and get tangled. Ive done this to a couple cheap wool/sheepskin mitts that I used to use because I was too lazy to let them air dry. Its extremely hard to brush afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cut up a water bottle and use that plus some clothes pins to keep the middle open to air for drying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast