autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up my Charger, product review

Well I took some time yesterday to clean up my 2012 Dodge Charger. I wanted to review a few of the products I used to clean it up. I started off foaming with CG's citrus wash and gloss and a wash using the TB method. I followed up with a good claying with CG clay kit. Looking at the paint, I was hard pressed to find any paint defects so decided to go the route of using some chemical guys ez creme glaze and I followed that up with applying my new arrived dodo juice light fantastic. I attached some pics of my work, sorry the wife too her dsl camera so the iPhone was all I had.

Now onto the review. As with most chemical guys products, the ez creme glaze smells great. One thing I have noticed with their products is that you usually have to give them more than one chance to prove themselves and they will. The first time I used the glaze was on my wives 2011 Grand Cherokee. I wasn't really impressed and felt that I more or less waisted time applying it. This time I applied the glaze using a black CCS foam pad and GG polisher. I spread at 2 and worked it in at 5. Whether this is right or wrong, I had results that I was impressed with. It applied thin and worked easy. Product removal was easy and after removal I noticed a significant pop in the metallic flake in the silver. Overall I was impressed this time and would definitely use it again. I can not attest to its filling abilities as I was hard pressed to find any defects in the paint.

Now onto the dodo juice light fantastic. I ordered just a panel pot of this on my last order, received Friday. First disappointment, the size. Call me stupid because yes it says 30ml panel pot but wow it's a tad bigger than an old 50 cent piece. Ok maybe a small pocket watch. Back to my thoughts, it smelled ok, more like flowers or laundry detergent. Now this was my first time working with dodo. It went on very smooth. It was almost to the point where I didn't feel like I was applying anything. Again like above, no issues with removal at all. After some cure time over night I pulled it outside and went over my work. The metallic had a significant pop and the paint looks very wet and reflective. I know sometimes crossing brands doesn't always work but I fell this combo works well.

I finsished out with some poor boys tires shine to finish it off. Overall I was happy with the results in the time frame it took me to do it. Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the pics

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaned up my Charger, product review

Lookin' good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, since joining this forum this is about the 10th vehicle I did. Some I can't post but I'll be sharing more soon. I have a cabinet full of products to use after all!!!