autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro PERL

Yikes, tire dressing on a motorcycle sidewall is asking for trouble. Only two contact patches on a bike. I hope the dressing doesn't run in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately it does not!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Made a mistake buying PERL...

Quote Originally Posted by BookemDano View Post
    I should have gotten the 1 liter size rather than than the 500ml size! I applied one coat to my DD 10 days ago and it still looks great. Nice and black with very little shine - just right. This coming weekend, I'll apply two more coats.

Corey, thanks for the great review that pushed me in the right direction!

Regards,

Dan.
    Sweet! Thanks for the feedback Dan!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Superb review! I rated the thread a well deserved 5 stars! I loved the attention to detail and the fact that you keep the thread updated to test the durability of the product.

I was confused on what to buy for tires,PERL it is! How good is PERL on light colored leather seats ?

PS: Apart from BFWD, which are your other favorite paint sealants ?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply Shashank! Thanks for the kind words as they do mean a lot to me. Yes, for looks alone nothing makes me happier than PERL. 1:1 diluted, spray on tire or applicator and apply fairly light but even, wait 30 minutes to dry or longer and apply the second coat. Such a rich rich black. For tires durability will hinge on how much rain you get but holds up to or surpasses tire dressings in the same class.

Good question! On light colored leather it does well but doesn't do anything spectacular to the looks but IMO nothing really does with the light ones. I would dilute it at least 5 parts water for light colored interiors and you'll get a nice slightly satin look.

My two favorite polymer sealants are Four Star UPP and Ultima Paint Guard Plus depending greatly on the time you have, the situation, color of vehicle, and prep products you plan to use. I have a review for the Four Star UPP. One sec...

Here we are: Review: Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

I have a lot of info on the UPGP also but incredibly I never did one of my reviews on it. Rather my comments are probably spread over and repeated over a few thousand posts if your interested I do have a writeup on how to apply it that may be helpful.

Best Regards,
    Corey

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Sorry for the late reply Shashank! Thanks for the kind words as they do mean a lot to me. Yes, for looks alone nothing makes me happier than PERL. 1:1 diluted, spray on tire or applicator and apply fairly light but even, wait 30 minutes to dry or longer and apply the second coat. Such a rich rich black. For tires durability will hinge on how much rain you get but holds up to or surpasses tire dressings in the same class.
    Thanks for the detailed response Corey! Apologies for replying late!I'm mainly looking at something which is high on durability. Indian conditions are very unforgiving, so a lot of detailers here don't bother working on the wheels as it hardly lasts. PERL looks promising, let me try and see how it works given our conditions.

Good question! On light colored leather it does well but doesn't do anything spectacular to the looks but IMO nothing really does with the light ones. I would dilute it at least 5 parts water for light colored interiors and you'll get a nice slightly satin look.
    Excuse the rather noob question(started detailing only a month ago), but what can I use to clean the seats before i apply PERL onto it ? Black seats looked superb, will try it on my car and post the feedback.

My two favorite polymer sealants are Four Star UPP and Ultima Paint Guard Plus depending greatly on the time you have, the situation, color of vehicle, and prep products you plan to use.
    I currently use BF combo (Gloss enhancing polish & Wet diamond sealant) on a black car. I do a complete detail (clay,compound,polish et al once in 3 months) every month a single coat of BFWD is applied. Any changes you'd recommend to this ?

I have a lot of info on the UPGP also but incredibly I never did one of my reviews on it. Rather my comments are probably spread over and repeated over a few thousand posts if your interested I do have a writeup on how to apply it that may be helpful.
    I'm compiling my very first order from AG. A kind soul agreed to carry it down to India saving a lot of shipping costs!

Picked up a BF wet sealant, will get one of these and do a comparo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shashank View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response Corey! Apologies for replying late!I'm mainly looking at something which is high on durability. Indian conditions are very unforgiving, so a lot of detailers here don't bother working on the wheels as it hardly lasts. PERL looks promising, let me try and see how it works given our conditions.

Excuse the rather noob question(started detailing only a month ago), but what can I use to clean the seats before i apply PERL onto it ? Black seats looked superb, will try it on my car and post the feedback.

I currently use BF combo (Gloss enhancing polish & Wet diamond sealant) on a black car. I do a complete detail (clay,compound,polish et al once in 3 months) every month a single coat of BFWD is applied. Any changes you'd recommend to this ?

I'm compiling my very first order from AG. A kind soul agreed to carry it down to India saving a lot of shipping costs!

Picked up a BF wet sealant, will get one of these and do a comparo.
    I will tell you if durability on tires is your first option and you get lots of rain I would go a couple other routes. It's as durable as most dressing on tires and more durable than most dressings on trim but if durability is your first concern then go with the Dlux. Perl for versatility and best priced dressing but Dlux for best durability.

UTTG lasts longer than most dressings on tires as well. Also, I've heard about tuff shine or something like that but haven't used it. UTTG is good a month plus on tires and Dlux is good two months plus on tires even in extreme rains and outside 24-7 conditions. Only thing is if lots of ribs or little letters on the tires it's more time consuming to apply than traditionally applied dressings. Also costly if only used as a tire product.

For cleaning you can use any interior cleaner but perl does have some light cleaners in it also.

Your routine is good. Bfwd is a great sealant and I imagine your routine is producing some nice results.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,
    Corey

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I will tell you if durability on tires is your first option and you get lots of rain I would go a couple other routes. It's as durable as most dressing on tires and more durable than most dressings on trim but if durability is your first concern then go with the Dlux. Perl for versatility and best priced dressing but Dlux for best durability.

UTTG lasts longer than most dressings on tires as well. Also, I've heard about tuff shine or something like that but haven't used it. UTTG is good a month plus on tires and Dlux is good two months plus on tires even in extreme rains and outside 24-7 conditions. Only thing is if lots of ribs or little letters on the tires it's more time consuming to apply than traditionally applied dressings. Also costly if only used as a tire product.

For cleaning you can use any interior cleaner but perl does have some light cleaners in it also.

Your routine is good. Bfwd is a great sealant and I imagine your routine is producing some nice results.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,
    Corey
    I just checked the price of Dlux, its expensive when compared to Perl, will stick to Perl as of now. The rains are almost done, and its a good 1 year before its back in full fury so I guess PERL should manage till then.

How long does PERL last on tires, if Dlux is good for 2 months plus ?

Yup, some very nice results using the BF combo. Its still not as good as i'd like it, for that I'll need to get a Flex soon

If the mods don't mind, i'll post a pic here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: CarPro PERL-dsc_0132-bhp-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I am looking into PERL, so this was really helpful. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey. I have been tossing the idea of trying UTTG but will probably just stick to PERL now for trim, tires and engine bays.

One thing I do is put the PERL in a air operated paint sprayer. I like this because I can dial in the width and amount being sprayed. It works great on engine areas to get into all the nooks and crannies of things like the air cleaner gussets.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast