autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CR Spotless System and Tire Coating

Today was a nice sunny warm day to give my new CR Spotless System (300 Gallon) a test and some Tire Coating (claim permanent) a try.
    Here is the unit.I installed all my fittings for quick disconnect,so I can just use the CR Spotless for rinse mode and not for the full wash:

For the wash I'll be using some Dodo car soaps and my foam gun.Here's also the Permanent Tuf Shine Tire Coating kit:

I'm going to be seeing how the CR Spotless does for no-spots in direct sun:

Unpacked the Tire Coating Kit:

Sprayed on the supplied tire cleaner and scrubbed with the supplied brush:

After cleaning all the tire's,I hit the car with the foam gun and Dodo's Supernatural:

When I was done foaming the vehicle,I did a 2 bucket wash.I then quick connected the CR Spotless up to the outside water supply and rinsed down.This is the same hood I'm testing the GTechniq C1 on the left side against CarPro's CQuartz on the right.Their water sheeting properties are similar:

These shots are after the vehicle had been rinsed off for about 10min ago,to my somewhat surprise NO water spots:

Did not realize this picture (trying to capture close up) was blurry until after the wash and downloaded (Sorry):

and then a picture of the roof,after about 12min,NO water spots:

The CR Spotless gives you PLENTY of time to start to dry off without water spots setting in direct sun:

Then this is after 1 coat with the Tire Coating,the product label Say's if more gloss is desired,you can put multiple coats on to achieve the gloss you desire.I don't like my tire's glossy at all.I think 1 coat looks nice (rear tire):

Front tire also 1 coat:

I have to say this is my first time using my new CR Spotless and it impressed me very much.

From what I witnessed today is making me very curious and encouraging me to try another washing and then rinse with the CR Spotless,then leaving the vehicle to dry on it's own with no drying aid (MF,Metro ect..) to see how many water spots indeed show up?

The Tire Coating Kit maybe too good to be true (Permanent dressed) but,I'll see how it holds up over time.The kit mentions to only use only mild soap and water for future cleaning.
    Here is a box published list of advantages by using the product (on the side of the Tuf Shine box):
    • Permanent: UV protection&Luster when properly maintained
    • Blocks out UV:and ozone to prevent oxidation and cracking
    • No Oils or Silicone:That can cause dirt and dust to cling to tires
    • No Sling Off:This usually occurs with other "WET" look tire dressings
    • Anti-Static:will not attract dust
    • Dry Finish:You can now dust your tires.Completely dry to the touch.No oily or greasy residue.
    • Seals:Whitewalls and white lettering
    • Perfect for autos,trucks,cycles,RVs,trailers,ATVs,and more

The box also say's (on the front)"Never Washes Off".

I will say I do like the finish the 1 coat left,not too shiny or glossy.But the true reason I was interested in trying this product was,looking for a tire dressing that is durable!

BTW,I'm very happy with the CR Spotless system
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CR Spotless System and Tire Coating

Thanks for the review Chris!!! I do like the way that dressing made the tires look and the CR is something I have been thinking about picking up. When you do the next test with it could you also include a flood rinse on the hood or trunk lid and let it dry on its own?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Thanks for the review Chris!!! I do like the way that dressing made the tires look and the CR is something I have been thinking about picking up. When you do the next test with it could you also include a flood rinse on the hood or trunk lid and let it dry on its own?
    Your Welcome.
    Absolutely can do a flood rinse next time. I'll update/add to this post (with pictures).
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Any update? Do you like the h20 system? Thinking about getting it