autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VX 5000-Review-- What do you Guys Use Your Steamers for & How

Quote Originally Posted by catfish07 View Post
    I use the hell out of my vx5000.. (especially since I tweeked it to 5 bar) it's awesome for crayons melted on leather or plastic or carpet. the "goo" on steering wheels and turn signals melt away.. (just ewww). windows come out flawless.

I used it the other day to get hardened grape gum out of carpet that the owner said was in there for 5 years cause she couldn't get it out. 2 minutes and it was gone.. the funny thing was that you could smell grape as it was working.. MMMMM... 5 year old grape....MMMMMM!

I think the vent steaming while it certainly looks way cool, does not really do much but put humidity in the vents.. think about it.. i can put my hand 8" from the tip of the steamer without it burning.. 2" would jack me up but 8" nothing.. to kill bacteria with steam you have to have contact, temperature and time. when shooting through the vents, all you get is the time.. I'm sure the germs appreciate the humidity blast though.

I'm not saying I never did the vent show, I just don't buy that it works. Just sayin.
    How did you tweak it to 5 bar?

Post Thanks / Like

Pull the machine apart and follow the copper line from the gauge, there is a flat head screw on the side, turn it clockwise slowly till it raises the pressure don't go over 5.5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    for cleaning the glass are you using the squeegee attachment or just the round or small triangle brush? I haven't really tried glass yet

BTW very impressed with the power of folex + steam on upholestry / carpet / headliner
    I'm curious as well. How do you clean glass with the steamer?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a shoot of steam and a micro fiber.
    Last edited by ShineTimeDetail; 09-18-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    So Ive been playing!! LOL I did the leather seats on my moms old car and they came out good, quickly too. I cleaned my dads entire interior on his 98 F150- Never been cleaned but he is very clean and particular. His truck has a vinyl bench seat which looked clean but really wasn't, cleaned his door panels, door stills, pedals in like maybe 20-25 min. I also cleaned the fabric seats in my brothers 03 dodge 1500. They were disgusting!! The bottoms of the seat were caked with crap and they were black and hard!! Cleaned them twice and with the first pass I couldn't believe it!! I will post pics of everything later tonight.

I am inpatient, want pictures NOW!!! lol can't wait until tonight...

Post Thanks / Like

I only have the McCulloch MC1385 but it is my most useful tool. I love these forums to help me think outside the box!

It just never occured to me to use the steamer on glass. I once spent a good long while using APC and interior cleaner on some heavily messed up doors with melted crayons and food stuff. Used plastic scrapers and it came out great. BUT afterwards I thought, DUH...I used the steamer on the carpets...why didn't I use it on the cup holders and door panels.

Now I think about using steam first. Can't wait to upgrade, but for the price the 1385 is a good little machine.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a steam cleaner online, it's the Vapamore MR-100, I would have liked something a bit higher end. But I got it new for $157 shipped, so yeah I jumped on it

I can't wait to get it and jump into using it. I watched some Youtube videos and am seeing it used for things I wouldn't have probably thought of like windows. Now I need to find some people with really messed up interiors so I can get some before and after shots for my web site. I just got a good vacuum and after a few times using it I'm already kicking myself for the cheap-o one I've been using. I know the steamer's going to really blow me away.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Just ordered a steam cleaner online, it's the Vapamore MR-100, I would have liked something a bit higher end. But I got it new for $157 shipped, so yeah I jumped on it

I can't wait to get it and jump into using it. I watched some Youtube videos and am seeing it used for things I wouldn't have probably thought of like windows. Now I need to find some people with really messed up interiors so I can get some before and after shots for my web site. I just got a good vacuum and after a few times using it I'm already kicking myself for the cheap-o one I've been using. I know the steamer's going to really blow me away.
    Quebert, where did you find a MR-100 for $157 shipped? Is it new or used? How has it been working out for you? What kind of jobs have tackled with it. Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread helped me out a lot. I was about to pull the trigger on the smaller version but for $60 more I might as well get the Mack daddy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123