autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

adams detail spray causing film

i have made this post before. and its been a year, and i am still having issues.....

its not me, how could it be, it happens on all our cars.

mazdaspeed3
    mazda 3
    rx7

the paint surface is very refined, i use optimum polish and seal on my vehicles to keep them looking great. i use a flex buffer and LC buffing pads.

i have issues with adams detail spray causing this to happen on my paints surface

you may need to adjust or angle your screen to see this.

i have been treated like crap in the past for reporting this issue. apparently i am the "ONLY ONE" that has issues with adams products? why is this? well i keep my paint as perfect as i can.

my local dealer who i bought this product from dont come over and see for himself. i've been complaining to him for a year. i bought a whole gallon of this stuff to help him out. a whole gallon... and its doing this on all my cars. i've even had him come see it last time i clay bared my rear hatch and used this detail spray. he saw it for himself and said "maybe this batch has to much gloss enhancer" and he was going to contact adams himself and get a replacement for me. he never did. that was about a month ago or more.

go head, nows the time to eat me alive and call out all the things i could be doing wrong.... but im not . i've tried every thing every ones told me to try to get it to work right... IMO its not going to work right..... meguiars detail spray doesnt do this.... optimum detail spray and wax spray doesnt do this... only adams detail spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: adams detail spray causing film

Um....if you don't like it don't use it? I'm confused...

Looks like it could be drying on the paint before you buff it all off. I've not tried many products from Adam's but I've never had a problem with their QD. It is possible you got a bad batch, but I doubt that. I would try to use it on a smaller section. Spray it on very lightly and then buff that section. Also I would make sure you are using it on a cool surface and out of the sun.

again though I go back to the fact if you don't like it why do you continue to use it? There are plenty of products I don't like....so I don't use them...

Post Thanks / Like

No attempts at bashing you but I'm with Nordic Lisa, why do you continue to use the product if it continues to deliver less than desirable results? You say that your dealer was going to contact Adam's? Have you contacted them personally? I remember you posting this problem a while back but I figured you were able to resolve the issue. Best of luck to you
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm not sure what you want from us.

You say you're not doing anything wrong, ok then according to you it has to be the product right? If it is the product then contact Adams directly. IME They have every bit as good as customer service as AG.

If you need contact info go to the Digital Corvettes web site as Adams is very active over there (sponsors their Car Care/Detailing forum). BTW: If you want to sell Adams products there are lots of options on the DV site as well as other sites and LOTS of people that use Adams products w/o any issues whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    No attempts at bashing you but I'm with Nordic Lisa, why do you continue to use the product if it continues to deliver less than desirable results? You say that your dealer was going to contact Adam's? Have you contacted them personally? I remember you posting this problem a while back but I figured you were able to resolve the issue. Best of luck to you
    its not that it is drying before i can wipe it off, its that its leaving a residue behind after i work it in and wipe it off. mind you this paint surface is extremely glossy on its own with out any product on it.

i bought a gallon of this stuff a year ago. i dont just simply stop using it becasue i want to keep testing it and making sure its not just me.... every method i have used it with, it does this.

i contacted adams a year ago and talked to dillan and ashly, both were so rude to me and didnt believe a word i said over the phone, basically trying to catch me up in my own story telling when i tried to explain what i did and how i did it. apparently i told them 2 different stories? so they never believed me... thats how it was..

so i spent 3 hours detailing my car last week and the day after i dusted it and used detial spray to remove some stuff that had fallen on my paint over night. i thought i'd give adams detail spray one more try.

it did it again. the pictures above were taken. and i started talking to my local dealer, jason. he keeps saying how much product he's sold. and how no one has ever complained and he wont take the time to come over and see the issue himself. its like he doesnt WANT to see the problem. its like he doesnt want anything to do with it. he never worked with adams to get me a gallon replacement, he keeps saying that no one has ever complained about the detail spray, and how alot of people use it. and i am the only one complaining. treating me like a lier. making me feel like crap about it.

(after i posted this thread)

i called adams and spoke to a representative there. FINALLY some one that didnt think i was a lier, he explained that it was something he has seen before. maybe its just because my paint surface is SO clean and polished. that i am having so many issues. but at least some one agrees with me that the issue is real....

but this guy, jason, is still saying that he's sold 15k of adams product in a year and no one has complained and that i need to contact adams directly instead of go threw him... what a jerk... he wont even come over, he lives 6 miles from me.... he wont come over and see the issue, in a whole year i've been having issues he's never once tried it out on my car himself. he came to my work to look at my rear hatch ones. saw a blemish and said "maybe there is to much gloss enhancer i'll contact them and see if i can get you a replacement" but hasnt done that. so i have to do it myself. today.

he saw just a lil bit of it, while iw as at work near his house. and still thinks im lieing? how is that possible...

so aggravating.... im so mad... how can some one trying to sell products, not listen to their customer.

i've purchased and used 100's of $ of different products over the last 2 years, and i dont have issues with many of them if not any... how can it be me? i can use other products just fine including my lovely flex buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

You should send a few of us 2-4 oz sample bottles of it and let us see if we have the same results. Personally I love Adams products and have never had an issue like you are having.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are you complaining on the AG Forum? AG, as far as I know, doesn't carry Adam's products. You should be dealing with Adams! Talk with them, CALMLY, I'm sure they will make it right with you. I know that they have a 110% money back guarantee. I have used Adam's products and other than being expensive, seem to work pretty good. Any issues I've had with their products was quickly taken care of by giving them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams offers a 110% satisfaction guarantee on all of their products. I would call Adam's and talk to them.
    They always take care of everyone and if they need to I bet they will replace the product for you without any money out of your pocket.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say this but I think that your attitude has something to do with you not getting anywhere with customer service. You came on here ready for a fight.
    Secondly that looks like you applied it in the sun when the surface was hot. I did that with my car with a different detail spray and it turned out exactly like yours. Also you are not supposed to dust your car and use detail spray when your car has sat over night. The dust and contaminants have bonded to your paint and all you are doing is smearing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    maybe its just because my paint surface is SO clean and polished. that i am having so many issues.
    That must be it. You're SO much better than everyone else that only you have the problem...LMFAO.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast