autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

adams spray detail

ok, so my friend just became an adams dealer here in texas and he sold me a gallon of adams detail spray, he showed me how it worked back a month or so ago, back when it was cooler. well its about 80 degrees, surface temp of car is about 105 (infa-red temp gun) and i was using the detail spray....

im very unhappy with the results of this spray. thought it works great, it has a downside, a flaw to it.

it does not like heat. i sprayed it on and wiped it off and it left dark blemishes on my paint. i then got a new mf towel and sprayed just a lil bit to dampen the towel, and wiped off the blemishes only to create new/different ones..

it was a Battle between damp and dry mf towels to remove all the blemishes off the hood....

has any one noticed this issue??

btw, the paint was black , i also had issues on my red paint too as well as blue oily hologram looking streaks left behind from this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: adams spray detail

were u in the sun? i believe most qd's like to be applied in the shade.

Post Thanks / Like

i have to say this is my favorite q/d and never had this problem. maybe you got a bad batch? iveused this in hot and cold weather. with out issue.. sorry to hear about your problem.. adams gives a 110 percent garrentee if your not happy...
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post
    were u in the sun? i believe most qd's like to be applied in the shade.
    it was applied in the shade on the warm hood, after the issue i got my infa red temp gun to see the temp of the hood, i have no issue applying it on cooler panels like the doors or rear hatch even in direct sun, but the hoods warmer then the rest of the body and it just is a nightmare.

at first i thought it was because i was using it on top of poor boys polish-seal. but we got our other new car and i didnt use anything on it at all and it did the same thing?

idk how it could be user error....

Post Thanks / Like

just a thought, i'm still a bit of a rookie and haven't used that product so,sorry i can't help more.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not a bad batch. Like someone said not really good to spray onto hot paint. I also love Adam's Detail Spray, but its best that its used on either very cool paint or out of the sun.

I had the same problem with the spots the first time I used it on a vehicle in direct sunlight.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

i always wash my truck eaither in the shade or when the sun starts going down.. makes washing alot easyer ....
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, but when a product says "Sun or shade" . . .

im going to see what they say, i sent them an email reguarding the issue.

i mean i am even getting some blue hazing with this product, even on the windows. sure its almost undetectable... but i can see it when i wipe with the towel.

at first i was at a car show, i detailed the whole car with meguiars detail spray, then i finished with adams detail spray since it has more gloss, i had severe blue streaks over my whole fricken car the whole day.. i assume it was from mixing products. i tried removing the streaks with meguiars. didnt work. had to wait to wash the car after the car show.

it happened again the other day, but i got a new cloth and used adams a 2nd time and it removed the blue hazing. assuming the Maguires was the issue causing the blue streaks that were extremely bad.

but when using this adams detail spray on a car that i've never detailed before, i am defiantly seeing the blue streaks that most resemble holograms. almost unnoticeable.. but i see them...

does any one else know what i am talking about? any one at all? how could i be using the product in such a wrong way to get such poor results with something people love and never have problems with.... or maybe they just dont see the issue....

Post Thanks / Like

you might contact the manufacturer also, sometimes a little dilution can help. If you are looking for a rather nice detailing spray I recommend FK425 or FK146 as options and never have any streaking, but try to apply outside of direct sunlight.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    you might contact the manufacturer also, sometimes a little dilution can help. If you are looking for a rather nice detailing spray I recommend FK425 or FK146 as options and never have any streaking, but try to apply outside of direct sunlight.
    lmao omg i do apply it out of direct sun light, paint surface was 105 degrees (used temp gun) and i got blemishes and streaking.

i already spent 40$ on a gallon of this crap... and idk what fk146 is never heard of it and i dont really like mixing products together and experimenting and seeing what happens as a result.

i'll just stick with optimum. i know that stuff is great and i have never had issues...

this adams stuff sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast