autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Optimum Opti-Mitt

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    You need to move into your own forum or find one willing to provide you reimbursement of some kind for the draw your reviews provide. I read everyone and use the information wisely when picking products. I value your opinion in them but even more i value the unbiased (as unbiased as anyone human can be) way you provide the information
    I agree 100%.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post

You are right on... I prefer to be able to see the dirt.

I use my lighter colored mf for waterless or rinseless washes. I have some very soft dark color ones but I can't tell how much dirt I'm picking up and which mf panels have been used
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks....the dirtiest part of the car is on the sides and particularly the lower side panels. I think if you are going to use a foam Mitt with a rinseless wash on a "dirty" car (sorry, we in the North East have a different view of what a dirty car is)....it better hold water way better than what we saw in that demo on the side panes....just about anything will work on flat surfaces.

Thanks for allowing me to save the money.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for the great review. Sky looks great and you just sold me on the Opti-Mitt.
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, you just need to drop your day job and devote yourself exclusively to detailing reviews! Good job. I'm not really tempted to try out the new mitt, but I sure do appreciate the review.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll echo what everyone else has said, "great job" with the review. I've been searching for a mitt to use with ONR on my garage queen that dosen't see snow or much driving when its raining. This appears to be the solution. Like others have said, the water doesn't retain in the mitt all that great for vertical panels, however the MF path can be difficult at times. I have a mitt enroute and will post my findings at a later date.

Being fairly new to ONR and the techniques, I do have a few quick questions. Should I ring the mitt out into a separate bucket (3rd bucket) to release the solution and trapped dirt after each panel is complete, then take the mitt and agitate the wash surface over the grit guard in my rinse bucket? Would this be considered clean? Then would I take the mitt and re-apply ONR on the mitt in my solution bucket?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always Corey!!! I ordered mine on Friday, can't wait to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, My Man...you take reviews to a another LEVEL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slava View Post
    Thank You for the great review. Sky looks great and you just sold me on the Opti-Mitt.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Corey, you just need to drop your day job and devote yourself exclusively to detailing reviews! Good job. I'm not really tempted to try out the new mitt, but I sure do appreciate the review.
    Thank you for your kind words! I certainly won't quit my day job but I'm considering trying to make a site. ("There is no try, only do") Seriously though, I'm not sure if it would really be a money making model. I have to learn about how to get advertising on it to pay for the time invested.
    Thanks again,
    Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Cykle View Post
    I'll echo what everyone else has said, "great job" with the review. I've been searching for a mitt to use with ONR on my garage queen that dosen't see snow or much driving when its raining. This appears to be the solution. Like others have said, the water doesn't retain in the mitt all that great for vertical panels, however the MF path can be difficult at times. I have a mitt enroute and will post my findings at a later date.

Being fairly new to ONR and the techniques, I do have a few quick questions. Should I ring the mitt out into a separate bucket (3rd bucket) to release the solution and trapped dirt after each panel is complete, then take the mitt and agitate the wash surface over the grit guard in my rinse bucket? Would this be considered clean? Then would I take the mitt and re-apply ONR on the mitt in my solution bucket?
    Thank you for your comments. I look forward to your findings.
    Assuming the car is ONR worthy (not caked on dirty) you could do what I do. I use 2 buckets with grit guards. One is full of rinse water and after tainting the Mitt I just dunk it in the rinse bucket and drag it around on the guard. Then I bring it a little closer to the surface and squeeze it a few times. Then after I remove it from the rinse bucket I squeeze it out over the bucket... but if you wanted to actually ring it you could do that to. Then like you said dip it back into the ONR bucket that has a couple gallons and soak up some more juice. If you wanted to you could add a third bucket (second rinse bucket) if you don't mind adding the complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Great review as always Corey!!! I ordered mine on Friday, can't wait to give it a try.
    Thank you Dwayne! I look forward to your thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by detaildave View Post
    Corey, My Man...you take reviews to a another LEVEL!!
    Dave, Its always great to hear from you! Thank you for the compliments my friend!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dog the test I wanted to do that we talked about on the phone didn't happen. UPS didn't get here until 5:30 and I had to be at a school play for my niece at 6:15. I was able to do the spray down with Ultima WW and then hit it with the DP Rinseless and a MF mitt. No marring to speak of. I really feel that the Ultima is the reason for it not marring the paint as I was REALLY pushing it doing a rinseless wash with all the salt and road grime.

I guess I'll have to wait for more bad weather to give me another chance for the test.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast