autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    But if I'm going to justify spending $180 for an 8 oz. tub, I do need to hear sound and objective reasons for doing so.
    It comes with a cool wooden box

Oh and its $180 for 16oz not 8oz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    It comes with a cool wooden box

Oh and its $180 for 16oz not 8oz
    \\

I forgot the box.

And you are quite right about the free refill, which adds up to 16 oz. I hope AG is around in in five years to redeem my coupon.

But please don't get me wrong. I love Fuzion. But I also love Vintage ... and Souveran ... and SV Smaragd ... and Blackfire Wet Diamond ... and P21S 100% ... and Mother's Reflections ... and Harly Wax. I imagine I would also love Natty's Blue and MaxWax, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    And I'm certainly not suggesting that it is. But if I'm going to justify spending $180 for an 8 oz. tub, I do need to hear sound and objective reasons for doing so.

I love Fuzion. I have used it on multiple occasions. It is a true pleasure to use. I do not want to dissuade anyone from trying it. But I am hard pressed to justify its $175 retail price. Do a blind side-by-side comparison with, say, CG 50/50 or Wolfgang Sealant and tell me that Fuzion is superior by 3x or 5x. Folks seem to be ganging up on Andrew because he cannot see a difference between Fuzion and P21S. Now maybe he cannot see the obvious; but I have also been playing around with waxes the past two years and I too am hard put to see a real difference between the major players. But I need to qualify this assertion: I do think I saw a difference on my Luthien between Zymol Vintage and everything else I have tried on her ... but maybe it was my imagination. One thing I do know: I would never spend $2,000 on a tub of wax! But of course, that's just me.

I stand by my original counsel: If you want to buy Fuzion, or any other car wax, wait until it goes on sale!
    I'm in agreement with this In one of my earlier posts I noted that I didn't see much differrence between Fuzion and another wax either. I won't spend thousands of dollars for a wax either but I was put off by some of the comments by some that seemed to put down people who enjoy the more expensive waxes and have no issue purchasing them. As I mentioned in my earlier post there is very little difference in the look of almost any good wax on properly prepped and polished paint. I do see a bigger difference between some wax vs some sealant but I don't think that shows in pictures. I certainly wasn't ganging up on Andrew. I meant to be constructive in my hope for a review that would actually show the 2 waxes on the paint without interference of other products.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh! A wax war! Cool, I think.

I tried P21S once and didn't like it. I thought it was easy to apply, kinda hard to remove, and didn't add much (if anything) to the final look. Wound up giving it away. I also have Fuzion (the $175 tub), and absolutely love it! Using it makes me feel special. I also have Signature Series II and Max Wax and love them as well. Of course, my opinions of my waxes are my own, and if you don't like my wax, I don't care, because it's my wax and my car and my subjective opinion. For sealants, I have DGPS, UPP, Poli-Coat, Power Lock, Collinite 845 (call it whatever you want, to me it's a sealant), and the Klasse Twins. Do I need all my waxes and sealants? No. I could have just Collinite 845 and Max Wax and be perfectly fine. But I like to play around and try different things, so I have a variety. There are other waxes and sealants on the wax market that have piqued my curiousity, and others I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. I just want to wax my car whenever I want to and be able to do it easily and have fun with it. Can I justify paying $175 for a wax? No. I also can't justify having 5 different 'nubas (including M16 and LNB) and 6/7 different sealants, but as long as you're using something you like and you're happy with it, that's all that matters. The hell with everyone else's opinion! Except, perhaps, for CEE DOG's, because he is the Review King.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier this year, I struggled to justify trying Fuzion. Guys like Killerwheels, CEEDOG, and Old Tiger told me to try it. I finally bought it on BOGO for $50 for two 3oz tubs, specifically to use on my buddy's black Porsche (I use it on my cars too). He had been begging me to detail his car for months. That project paid for most of my car care expenses this year.

It's been about a month since I did the car and it hasn't been washed. His wife took the car to the beach today and stopped by on the way home, where I took this picture. She was telling me how people were admiring the car last night and she raves about the car every time I see them.

Maybe Fuzion is not worth the money but I'm sold.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, now I have to go buy a 911. Thanks!

Great thread Andrew... it has provided quite the entertainment and I think your results were very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestEnd View Post
    Goodness, now I have to go buy a 911. Thanks!

Great thread Andrew... it has provided quite the entertainment and I think your results were very interesting.
    This is the 4 wheel drive, twin turbo Porsche. The thing is scary fast, lowered and stiff so you have to be careful with speed bumps.

What a fun car to detail!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    This is the 4 wheel drive, twin turbo Porsche. The thing is scary fast, lowered and stiff so you have to be careful with speed bumps.

What a fun car to detail!
    Careful with speed bumps? That Porsche has a lift kit compared to the Lotus!

I was at a Porsche dealership this afternoon looking at a GT3!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Earlier this year, I struggled to justify trying Fuzion. Guys like Killerwheels, CEEDOG, and Old Tiger told me to try it. I finally bought it on BOGO for $50 for two 3oz tubs, specifically to use on my buddy's black Porsche (I use it on my cars too). He had been begging me to detail his car for months. That project paid for most of my car care expenses this year.

It's been about a month since I did the car and it hasn't been washed. His wife took the car to the beach today and stopped by on the way home, where I took this picture. She was telling me how people were admiring the car last night and she raves about the car every time I see them.

Maybe Fuzion is not worth the money but I'm sold.

What a sweet car!

Oh, looks great, too!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    What a sweet car!

Oh, looks great, too!
    Only because he used Fuszzzzzion. ... avoiding Mod intervention for Andrew.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast