autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The New Waterless Washes

Today I used the new waterless washes and thought I would share my results.
    First off is the Opti-Clean, it cleaned very well but did require some extra work to buff off. This stuff doesn't dilute as nice as the other WW I used but any dilution is good with this kind of stuff is great.
    Second is the Ultima WW, it cleaned well also and was very easy to buff off. The dilution ratio of this is great and it comes with a measuring cup as part of the bottle. I also used this as a rinseless wash today and it worked great on the paint. It left everything clean and slick, plus it dilutes 1oz to 3 gallons which gives a little extra for wheels and whatever else compared to the DP and OPT.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: The New Waterless Washes

Good quick review...I have been using the GG SprayonWash, and am liking it more and more. No mixing of course, but it lifts the dirt and while not waxing solution, it sure does not harm the shine I already have on the cars. Am stocking up a bit for winter use, and am not minding the winter dirt now near as much....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Waterless Washes

Nice little review

I ordered the Ultima but now its on back order... I wish they would update this stuff on the product page before the order is placed. Then I find out I could have got a better deal someplace else

I used the DP waterless today on the wifes car and got a bit of streaking. It was pretty dirty though and I am sure was pushing the limits of a WW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Nice little review

I ordered the Ultima but now its on back order... I wish they would update this stuff on the product page before the order is placed. Then I find out I could have got a better deal someplace else

I used the DP waterless today on the wifes car and got a bit of streaking. It was pretty dirty though and I am sure was pushing the limits of a WW.
    Good to know, I have that on the shelf too, just haven't used it yet. I do still like the PB's stuff as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
    Good quick review...I have been using the GG SprayonWash, and am liking it more and more. No mixing of course, but it lifts the dirt and while not waxing solution, it sure does not harm the shine I already have on the cars. Am stocking up a bit for winter use, and am not minding the winter dirt now near as much....
    It might take awhile but I think i'll try this when I start to run low.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post
    Good to know, I have that on the shelf too, just haven't used it yet. I do still like the PB's stuff as well

Don't get me wrong, its not bad stuff, like I said the car was pretty dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me but I'm just not sold on these no rinse or waterless car washes.

I have used them and in my opinion they're marginal at best and should be used only if the finish is slightly dusty. If the finish looks like it needs a complete washing I wouldn't use either of these otherwise you'll be wiping dirt against the paint leaving allot of scratches behind.

"Liberally spray the surface with waterless car wash, let sit, then with a microfiber towel wipe the surface clean"......hmmmmm

I put these in the same bucket as these foam guns and foam canons.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I'm just not sold on these no rinse or waterless car washes.

I have used them and in my opinion they're marginal at best and should be used only if the finish is slightly dusty. If the finish looks like it needs a complete washing I wouldn't use either of these otherwise you'll be wiping dirt against the paint leaving allot of scratches behind.

"Liberally spray the surface with waterless car wash, let sit, then with a microfiber towel wipe the surface clean"......hmmmmm

I put these in the same bucket as these foam guns and foam canons.
    Bobby, the Ultima & Opti are like a QD on steroids. I use a lot(10-12 oz per app) IMO it will do as well rinseless and is much safer for bug removal, etv. than QD!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Bobby, the Ultima & Opti are like a QD on steroids. I use a lot(10-12 oz per app) IMO it will do as well rinseless and is much safer for bug removal, etv. than QD!
    I have to admit I haven't tried either of these so maybe before I shelve these products entirely I'll give them a try...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

The Ultima is a better value. IMO performance is so close, it comes down to personal preferences. Corey & I are addicted to the Ultima fragrance. Both work great on interiors too ( except for fabrics).[/B]
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast