autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate

Review: Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate

Introduction:
    I’ve heard great things about this product from a few different people I respect. Last week when I got home from work there was a box on my doorstep. Hmmm, who’s this from I thought to myself. Upon flipping the box over I realized Tad had unexpectedly sent me some goodies. Well, either that or an empty box… Well by now I’m sure you realize a sample of DG #901 was one of the new toys. Tad also sent me a PM explaining the dilution rate so I would be prepared next time I had a chance to use it. This weekend I had that chance and washed a couple cars with it. Thank you for the product and the dilution tip Tad!

Product Description (from AG website):
    Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate is a highly concentrated blend of mild surfactants and cleaners that actually enhance the shine of painted vehicles each time it is used. Does not contain acids or alkali and will not remove durable polishes.

Initial Product Observations:
    1.- Manufacturer Claims: True
    2.- Packaging: N/A

3.- Directions: Seriously? Its car wash
    4.- Consistency: Thick and slick

5.- Color: Burgundy
    6.- Scent: Cherry (But a little cough syrupy)
    7.- Size/Price: #901 16 oz. ($5.99)
    8.- Size/Price: #902 128oz. ($26.99)
    9.- Manufacturer: Duragloss (Brothers Research Corporation)
    10.-Made in: Not sure (but they are Inc. in North Carolina)

Additional products used for prep, during application, or removal:
    1.- (2) buckets with Grit Guards

2.- Lake Country Foam Wash Sponge (Big Blue Cube)
    3.- Waffle Weave Towel

Method of Preparation, Application, and noted Observations:

I decided not to pull the canopy out and to try to get both cars washed before the sun became an issue. For this reason I decided to wash the tires and wheels last after drying the car. After rinsing both cars I set up a rinse bucket and a wash bucket (both containing Grit Guards). I mixed about 3 oz. of product into 3.5 gallons of water. Then I circulated it a little more with a stream of water until the suds were activated and beginning to overflow.

Video: Filling Bucket with DG Car Wash

Normally I use a MF wash mitt but was feeling adventurous. It was either the Schmitt or the Blue Cube. The Blue Cube has been itching for a battle so out it came.

After soaking up some wash water I washed half the roof with one side of the cube and half of the roof with the other side. Then I hit all the glass. After rinsing the roof and glass I sprayed out my cube and rinsed it in the rinse bucket. Then I repeated until the first car was washed and rinsed. The sun was out by then so I dried the car very quickly with a WW and OID. I repeated the same process on the second car. However this time throughout the process I sprayed the side of the car which faced the sun down every chance I got in order to stop any water from drying on it. DG CWC is a nice slick car wash. It also has a lot of suds which may or may not mean something to you. What I liked about these suds was that they were very thick and had substance to them. It wasn’t as if they were just air. In picture #5 you’ll see the foam holds up the weight of the foam sponge After completing the washing and drying of the 2nd car and dressing of the tires I took the after pictures.
    As I was writing this and copying the link from AG I saw that the full description says this product “shines as it cleans”. Normally I would think “Yeah, most things do”. It doesn’t seem logical to me that it would shine any more than if I had used another wash. If the paint is cleaner then it will be shinier right? It is funny however because interestingly enough when I had been taking the after pictures a couple days earlier I really thought the cars looked a little extra glossier then usual.

Video: Foam from DG CW and LC Sponge

Please see the pictures and rejoin me afterwards to see the Pros, Cons, and Summary.

01.- Product

02.- Product

03.- Rinsed but Not yet Washed

04.- Lake Country Foam Wash Sponge

05.- Thick Bubbles Hold Up Sponge

06.- Bella Likes the smell

07.- After

08.- After

09.- After

10.- After

11.- After

Pros:
    1.- Lubricity is slick
    2. -Suds have substance
    3.- Feels very paint safe
    4.- Rinses off easily
    5.- Price (For a wash of this quality I don’t think you could find a better price)

Cons:
    1.- None that I could see

???:
    1.- Is this why my dog keeps sniffing the paint?
    2.- I think the dilution rate shown on AG is incorrect or incomplete

Final Observations and Summary:
    This is a terrific car wash that I would have no problem recommending. It feels very safe washing with it and to me that is 90% of what’s important in a car wash. You also won’t find yourself needing to spray the bucket to reactivate suds as the suds remain alive and well. I think a lot of people love the smell of this. Personally I thought it wasn’t bad but I prefer the smell of WG Auto Bath. Regardless, scent only matters about 2% to me.

And the Product Link:http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-car-wash-concentrate.html
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate

Those videos are from the nattys blue test. You can no longer be the master reviewer after this mistake

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey! I love, love, love DG #901! I talked to Jerry @ Duragloss and told him I was using 2-2 1/2 oz. to 4-4.5 gallons of water, his response "Uh, that will work but go a head and use 4oz." I told him I was afraid of stripping wax and he said they formulated it to never strip wax! It looks like 1oz./gal is a great ratio. I haven't used the blue sponge yet, but you should try a chenille mitt or pad, crazy slick!
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Those videos are from the nattys blue test. You can no longer be the master reviewer after this mistake
    They are corrected. It actually was not my error but I shall accept my punishment anyway. It's actually a very odd thing. I had to try about 10 times to post this review. Kept getting an error. So I went through testing paragraph by paragraph till I discovered the one causing the trouble. I needed to chage the format of something in my "Inital Product Observations" that it as reading as code. Anyway, no clue why the natty's videos showed up after I submitted. I did see that and it took me a few minutes to go get the links again and re-paste them. Really weird!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I had to try about 10 times to post this review. Kept getting an error. So I went through testing paragraph by paragraph till I discovered the one causing the trouble. I needed to chage the format of something in my "Inital Product Observations" that it as reading as code. Anyway, no clue why the natty's videos showed up after I submitted. I did see that and it took me a few minutes to go get the links again and re-paste them. Really weird!
    I had the same problem one time when posting a review. No matter how I worded one sentence I would get the error. Took that sentence out and it posted with no errors.

I guess we can let you slide just this once

Post Thanks / Like

I just used this yesterday to wash my camry. I love how well it suds up, even with the hard water we have here in southern NC. So far I really like this soap!

Post Thanks / Like

You just continue to crank out excellent revviews! Meghan, if you read this, send all "Whats New?" items to Corey so we know which ones to buy! BTW, Tad must get a heck of a discount from Brown and/or FEDEX! He is very generous with his shipments to many guys on the forum.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this soap! I get it locally for $21 bucks. I prefer it over OCW, not that OCW is not good it's actually really good but again just my personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

We heed to get him a hatcam or something, I though for sure the camera was going to take a bath in the wash water. Love your reviews!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Great review Corey! I love, love, love DG #901! I talked to Jerry @ Duragloss and told him I was using 2-2 1/2 oz. to 4-4.5 gallons of water, his response "Uh, that will work but go a head and use 4oz." I told him I was afraid of stripping wax and he said they formulated it to never strip wax! It looks like 1oz./gal is a great ratio. I haven't used the blue sponge yet, but you should try a chenille mitt or pad, crazy slick!
    Thanks so much Richard! I remember your review and you telling me about this. You were right! I'm going to go back and check out your review now that I think of it.
    Thanks for the info from Jerry as well! As far as the mf mitt I actually wish I had used it when all was said and done. I wanted to get some time on the cube when I started so I grabbed it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    I had the same problem one time when posting a review. No matter how I worded one sentence I would get the error. Took that sentence out and it posted with no errors.

I guess we can let you slide just this once
    It won't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    You just continue to crank out excellent reviews! Meghan, if you read this, send all "Whats New?" items to Corey so we know which ones to buy! BTW, Tad must get a heck of a discount from Brown and/or FEDEX! He is very generous with his shipments to many guys on the forum.
    Thank you Jim! When I saw the DG from Tad I knew another review was in the works. To true about Tad! He is a class act always doing something kind for somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by svs View Post
    Love this soap! I get it locally for $21 bucks. I prefer it over OCW, not that OCW is not good it's actually really good but again just my personal preference.
    I haven't tried the Optimum car wax. I assume that is what you are referring to as OCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjeszczi View Post
    We heed to get him a hatcam or something, I though for sure the camera was going to take a bath in the wash water. Love your reviews!
    Man, that would have sucked big time!

I'm trying to teach Bella to shoot the videos but her lack of opposable thumbs has been a challenge we have not been able to overcome... yet.

Thank you!

Btw: I didn't use to shoot any video because I didn't know how to link it. After Dave (A4 1.8tqm) shot some in his reviews I had to step my game up. Scott (Killrwheels) gave me some tips on posting them. So, if Bella drops the camera in the wash I'm blaming them!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast