autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DP Poli Coat

Post Thanks / Like

DP Poli Coat

So it's been a little over a month and me having a horrible LSP problem/addiction I decided to remove the Menzerna Power Lock and apply some new DP Poli-Coat to S4Babe's BMW 535xi. I washed with Dawn to remove the Power Lock (Which was still holding up well) and applied the DP.

Notes about the DP
    -Easy to apply thinly. I had initial doubts because it was so thick, but was easy to spread.
    -Easy removal- Not as easy as WDGPS, or Power Lock, but for a $20 sealant (currently on sale for $15) it performed well.
    -Haze time was around 15-20 minutes
    -Didn't streak or cause headaches
    -Great Wet Shine
    -Not as slick as I would prefer on my own car
    -Great Sealant for the price.

It's a great product overall, and hopefully durability is up with ease of use. If you are looking for a sealant that isn't expensive, but will still perform well- don't look any further. I still do prefer WDGPS>Power Lock>DP Poli Coat

I'll put a picture up of what it looks like applied, and a few afters in a bit....after washing my car and hers I'm beat.

Notice the equal to or greater sign between WDGPS and Power Lock...still undecided which I like more.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Poli Coat

Just to give you guys an idea how thin it is

After

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, and thanks for taking the time to give us some info. I too have been bit by the LSP bug, and am dieing to try this because of its low price!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't hesitate especially with the low prices right now...typically I'd say wait for durability tests, but Matt@autogeek already did months of testing and said durability is great. I would have liked it to be a bit slicker feeling though, but in fairness to the sealant the 5 series needs to be clay barred reallll bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great write up. Was it as easy to APPLY (not remove) as WG or any other sealant you've used? I've read that the DPpoli is also a light cleaner, right? That might explain why it's not as slick??? hmmm...
    2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

Post Thanks / Like

Does it have cleaning properties? I wasn't aware thank you. It was real easy to apply. At first I was doubtful it would be because how thick it is, but prepped the pad and applied as needed. In the first pic you can see just how thinly it went on. At the end I barely used much, and if durability is as good as Matt says, this bottle should last a real long time. Also for the skeptics, there is a sample size for sale now I just noticed. If you are willing to spend the cash, I do prefer WDGPS and Power Lock, but honestly this sealant holds it's own in value.

Post Thanks / Like

I also found the slickness to be less than satisfying, but at least it sheeted and beaded water like a champ after the first wash. I'll be washing the wife's PolyCoated DD again this Saturday and see how it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    I also found the slickness to be less than satisfying, but at least it sheeted and beaded water like a champ after the first wash. I'll be washing the wife's PolyCoated DD again this Saturday and see how it holds up.
    Just went outside to say goodbye, and gave the car a final back hand swipe and to my surprise the car felt a lot slicker. Not as slick as the previous mentioned sealants, but much nicer than earlier...wonder if it just needed time to cure?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    Just went outside to say goodbye, and gave the car a final back hand swipe and to my surprise the car felt a lot slicker. Not as slick as the previous mentioned sealants, but much nicer than earlier...wonder if it just needed time to cure?
    ScottWax from Autopia mentioned the same thing about his latest detail with PolyCoat. He said it felt a lot slicker an hour after he applied it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this stuff works out! I just got some to try as a replacement to EX-P from poorboys... I am trying this switch based on the idea of the longer durability from the "surface prep" they claim it also does.

We will see