autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PR: Foam Cannon

Post Thanks / Like

PR: Foam Cannon

I have a 1600 PSI electric Karcher Pressure washer. The Foam Cannon is a must have for any detailer. My truck was covered in dirt from the job site and it help loosen the dirt alot. It made detailing my truck a breeze.

I have the Foam Gun and the Foam Cannon and if you cant decide which one to use go with the Foam Cannon it applies alot more foam then then Foam Gun and it sits on the vehicle alot longer as well.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PR: Foam Cannon

I want one!!
    But I'll have to go with a foam gun because I don't have a pressure washer and I won't buy one until I buy a house first ( I'm in a condo ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    I have a 1600 PSI electric Karcher Pressure washer. The Foam Cannon is a must have for any detailer. My truck was covered in dirt from the job site and it help loosen the dirt alot. It made detailing my truck a breeze.

I have the Foam Gun and the Foam Cannon and if you cant decide which one to use go with the Foam Cannon it applies alot more foam then then Foam Gun and it sits on the vehicle alot longer as well.
    I own a pressure washer, but, don't use it on my cars. So I would have to get it out specifically for the foam cannon. IS it really worth the extra hassle to get the cannon vs the gun?
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving my foam cannon; while it is extra hassle to pull out my pressure washer and hook it up, it's worth it to wash my car and my father's car with a pressure washer, and to use the foam cannon over the foam gun.

Once you get comfortable breaking out the pressure washer regularly for car washes, it's not much of a big deal anymore. I enjoy moving around the car with the pressure washer hose, rather than the garden hose which gets kinks or gets stuck around tires and stuff.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

I just used my Foam Cannon for the very first time two days ago. It was awesome. My brother in law works at a transfer station and found me a Stanley pressure washer right before Christmas. So I bought the Foam Cannon because I knew I could use it.

I had never used the washer before, and when I put the Cannon on the end of the wand I actually had to tighten the connection as I found it basically just spitting the water and foam out. Once I got that straightened out boy did I get snow.

I sprayed the car and then followed that with the two bucket method. Then use a light mist from the pressure washer to rinse the car. Turned out great. I have to go online and look for other ends for the wand to get different spray patterns or pressure, but I am so happy that my brother in law found the washer for FREE.

Definitely get one if you can.

Take care,
    Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    I own a pressure washer, but, don't use it on my cars. So I would have to get it out specifically for the foam cannon. IS it really worth the extra hassle to get the cannon vs the gun?

Yes it is
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

To reduce the hassle, try adding a shut-off valve to your system and add an additional hose. Then run one hose to your pressure washer and the other free standing. Then the only steps will be: switch water flow to pressure washer, plug in (electric) or start (gas) the pressure washer and you're always ready! Okay, so it sounded good to me!

Post Thanks / Like

or you can do like i did and put quick disconnect male fittings in everything you own and hook your female quick disconnect to your hose and i also put a 1/4 turn shut off valve right before the disconnect so i can shut the water off and switch from pressure washer to hose attachment to anything in about 2 seconds without having to run clear to the side of the house to shut water off and then back to change attachments and back to turn water back on... Trust me with the water shut off being over 75' away its SWEET to have and with all the attachemntds and valves only cost me like 15 bucks cant beat that at all
    JC Paint & Detail Workz
    2009 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
    5.3L
    Diamond White

2004 Suzuki Turbo Hayabusa
    RCC Stage 1 Turbo
    Around 265hp

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely think the extra effort of a PW and Foam Cannon[ is worth it. I don't bring it out every time, but it sure is cool to have when a couple people are over washing their cars! Like others mentioned, quick connects and shutoff valves are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by JC PAINT WORKZ View Post
    or you can do like i did and put quick disconnect male fittings in everything you own and hook your female quick disconnect to your hose and i also put a 1/4 turn shut off valve right before the disconnect so i can shut the water off and switch from pressure washer to hose attachment to anything in about 2 seconds without having to run clear to the side of the house to shut water off and then back to change attachments and back to turn water back on... Trust me with the water shut off being over 75' away its SWEET to have and with all the attachments and valves only cost me like 15 bucks cant beat that at all
    Pretty much the same for me, but I put a Y connector with 1/4-turn shutoff valves at the end of the hose coming from the back of the house. So one side goes to the hose reel that's always in use and the other side is off but available for an extra hose/Pressure Washer.

Since I set everything up with quick connects, shutoff valves and extra hoses it's no problem. Can't really run both hoses at the same time, but the convenience is awesome!