autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Have you used this again, Guz? I haven't heard much mention of this anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Spent some time today working with Fast Finish on the trim, there was no difference that I could tell with how this behaves with the trim compared to Opti-Seal. They both had an immediate darkening effect when covering, then as they flashed the trim went back to normal (in my case, back to semi-faded). Sprayed it directly on the trim in one spot and let it sit for 30 minutes and it spread right off and left no imprint after wiping. I saw Nick's post as well, but I'm not seeing any problems with it in my tests, if you happen to get it on there and wipe it off you shouldn't have issues.
    I agree with your assessment regarding staining on trim. It doesn't behave any differently on trim than UPGP or BFCS. And you've addressed the opti-seal. While I'm not going to "apply" this to my trim, it's certainly not causing any staining or ill-effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Have you used this again, Guz? I haven't heard much mention of this anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone
    Nope I have not. I have not seen the car either. Life just keeps us busy.

Give it a try. It's really easy to apply. Cruz has it going up against some other similar products and from what he has told me is that UFF is outperforming them all. If he sees this he can chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nope I have not. I have not seen the car either. Life just keeps us busy.

Give it a try. It's really easy to apply. Cruz has it going up against some other similar products and from what he has told me is that UFF is outperforming them all. If he sees this he can chime in.
    Yea I might try it tomorrow since I plan on going to Meguiars. My car's ready for a new application of Something.. The beading on it from yesterdays rain was pathetic. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I might try it tomorrow since I plan on going to Meguiars. My car's ready for a new application of Something.. The beading on it from yesterdays rain was pathetic. Lol.
    Cool let me know if you like it. Yeah I did not want to make that comment in your dr. Beasley's thread with regards to the lack luster beading lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied this on my sisters Honda three weeks ago. It's seen weekly touchless washes since then (3), several rains, and it's beading like day one.

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up using it on my car today. I did not do any prep to it as far as claying or polishing. I did soak the car in carpro ironx snow foam which degraded what was on the paint which was opti-seal. It was a couple months old.

Now don't get all hyped up because this is not going to be a long test. It's a short test. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 weeks until I use the Sonax CC36 coating that Meghan sent me.

I was done applying it in about 5 mins. Stuff goes on and off quick. Left a good shine and slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

We must be going on about two months since I applied UFF on my Toyota (with no prep- just a two bucket wash). It's seen bi-weekly touchless washes. It rained yesterday and is still beading like day 1. Pretty impressive for an initial 5 minute wipe on wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    We must be going on about two months since I applied UFF on my Toyota (with no prep- just a two bucket wash). It's seen bi-weekly touchless washes. It rained yesterday and is still beading like day 1. Pretty impressive for an initial 5 minute wipe on wipe off.
    Have you topped it with anything? Any quik detailers or similar spray products?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you topped it with anything? Any quik detailers or similar spray products?
    No, I haven't topped it with anything at all. Not even a detail spray or drying aid. That's the impressive part. I threw it on just for fun the ~first week of March, knowing I'd be doing my full spring polish/detail in a couple weeks. Weather hasn't cooperated so I just kept putting it off. And then it rained again yesterday and I was amazed it was still beading as well as it is. I've compared it before to BF Crystal Seal, very similar in application. But I gotta say, the beading is much more uniform.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast