autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hydro tech pads vs ccs

Getting ready to buy some more pads for my PC before this sale ends was wondering which ones I should buy??? Thanks in advance
    Galatians 6:9And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydro tech pads vs ccs

I've used both and much prefer HydroTech pads. Really no comparison in my opinion.

Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

CCS vs Hydro-Tech

Simplicity: Hydro-Tech you only have 3 different pads to deal with.

Durability: CCS by far (see design).

Design: CCS pads have better backing, as it carries all the way to the edge of the pad. Hydro-Tech pads are notorious for the edge of the pad digging into the backing plate and leading to shorter pad life (see durability). It has been argued that the dimples in the CCS pads could lead DAT compounds to break down unevenly, leading to increased haze after a polishing cycle. If using SMAT compounds this is not a concern. It has also been argued that the surface area in Hydro-Tech pads are larger due to the flatter pad face thereby leading to faster correction (all other factors being equal).

LSP: Hydro-Tech doesn't have a true non-abrasive pad. The crimson pad still has a little cut. CCS black, blue, red all have no cut and varying densities for your final polishing and LSP preferences.

Hope this helps in your decision making. FWIW I now use mostly Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats. I have used Hydro-Tech and CCS in the past and found them to both work well in different situations.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    CCS vs Hydro-Tech

Simplicity: Hydro-Tech you only have 3 different pads to deal with.

Durability: CCS by far (see design).

Design: CCS pads have better backing, as it carries all the way to the edge of the pad. Hydro-Tech pads are notorious for the edge of the pad digging into the backing plate and leading to shorter pad life (see durability). It has been argued that the dimples in the CCS pads could lead DAT compounds to break down unevenly, leading to increased haze after a polishing cycle. If using SMAT compounds this is not a concern. It has also been argued that the surface area in Hydro-Tech pads are larger due to the flatter pad face thereby leading to faster correction (all other factors being equal).

LSP: Hydro-Tech doesn't have a true non-abrasive pad. The crimson pad still has a little cut. CCS black, blue, red all have no cut and varying densities for your final polishing and LSP preferences.

Hope this helps in your decision making. FWIW I now use mostly Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats. I have used Hydro-Tech and CCS in the past and found them to both work well in different situations.
    I also have the Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats pads you listed and was deciding if I should grab some Hydro-tech pads to try out. Do you still use the Hydro-pads? I've heard the Crimson pad has poor durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matryx View Post
    I also have the Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats pads you listed and was deciding if I should grab some Hydro-tech pads to try out. Do you still use the Hydro-pads? I've heard the Crimson pad has poor durability.
    I don't use them anymore because they all fell apart.

I gave the crimson ones to my dad because I got tired of looking at them. They held up pretty well though since I was only using them for light AIO jobs.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    I've used both and much prefer HydroTech pads. Really no comparison in my opinion.

Happy detailing!
    Agreed.

I love the closed cell design of the hydro tech pads. I feel they work better with DAT products.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the HT Cyan pads, they cut fast while finishing out very well, almost and or LSP ready most of the time.

Gotta watch the 3" Cyan's though, as an experiment to see how aggressive they really are..... I put a 3" backing plate on my G110 V2 on 6 with the 3" Cyan and using M105 I went right through to the primer in seconds...... Was on a test panel.... So yes they will cut.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the CCS pads myself. I also have Hex logic ones but the CCs's seem to hold up better.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

How does griot's orange (for polish) and red (for wax) pads compare ? And why would the ccs and HT pads be better ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    I really like the HT Cyan pads, they cut fast while finishing out very well, almost and or LSP ready most of the time.

Gotta watch the 3" Cyan's though, as an experiment to see how aggressive they really are..... I put a 3" backing plate on my G110 V2 on 6 with the 3" Cyan and using M105 I went right through to the primer in seconds...... Was on a test panel.... So yes they will cut.
    Wow that's scary. Right to the primer?! I used the B&S mainly but I've also tried the Meg's MF pads but I'm still new on using the GG6 and trying to get more experience on my technique and procedures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast