autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GG or Rupes DA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG or Rupes DA

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    If you would take the time to read the information provided to you--you wouldn't be asking this question.

As posted earlier in this thread:

"Here is an article by Kevin Brown about the advantages of a long stroke machine that is very informative: http://www.buffdaddy.com/files/15195...erformance.pdf"

It answers your question very well.
    I read the article, but in the end all the kinetic energy to provide the correcting ability has to come from the motor.

Post Thanks / Like

But because of the long throw there is no need for allot of energy or pressure. It's the long throw with the action of the product/pad used that does the correcting not speed or presuure as in a conventional DA.

In the end I guess it's the results that count and I've read numerous posts by pros who have switched over to the Rupes almost exclusively because it reduces fatigue because of the slower speeds with little pressure and reduces total time spent polishing since the Rupes finishes so well.

As I said I have no direct experience with the Rupes but am contemplating purchasing one of their models so have been reading on this and other forums to gather as much info as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    But because of the long throw there is no need for allot of energy or pressure. It's the long throw with the action of the product/pad used that does the correcting not speed or presuure as in a conventional DA.

In the end I guess it's the results that count and I've read numerous posts by pros who have switched over to the Rupes almost exclusively because it reduces fatigue because of the slower speeds with little pressure and reduces total time spent polishing since the Rupes finishes so well.

As I said I have no direct experience with the Rupes but am contemplating purchasing one of their models so have been reading on this and other forums to gather as much info as possible.
    Very well pointed, nice comment.

The user wellbeing talk was spot on. There's much more than Watts in a polisher.

Can you please briefly give your opinion over GG/Rupes / +Flex (I've added in a earlier post), because I'm also interested in this whole discussion. Just let's take care to keep it on topic.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

with the flex, you have the option of the interchangeable lake country backing plate system so you can utilize 4"-6.5" pads where as with the rupes you don't. no one is really denying the correction capabilities of the flex, most don't care for it because if you don't use good technique (keeping the pad flat on the surface), it will walk and/or fight with you. what it comes down to is personal preference on what YOU like by trying both out if possible. i give the edge to the flex between the two...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Get the Duetto 12E. If you don't want the kit, you may have to wait.
    thats what i am doing right now! waiting for the duetto 12E i love its design and can't wait to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorth View Post
    I have the benefit of having the PC, gg, 3401 and the Bigfoot15 and I can say that the rupes 15 will be an easy transition from the PC and you will see/feel better results immediately
    oh wow! which would you say is a quiet machine? because like someone said earlier the GG has a high pitch sound to it's motor i do not like! even with headphones the sound feels like its killing my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    I ordered the RUPES 12E Duetto kit. From my understanding, it keeps the pad spinning better than the 15/21. That would make sense from a basic physics standpoint. Still, the 12mm throw will outperform and other PC style polisher. I'll add the washer mod which will give it even more rotation. I prefer the PC style chassis of the 12E as well. I'm very excited to use this polisher.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agreed! ^ the PC style design should be comfortable! pm me and let me know how you like the machine when you get it! currently waiting for the 12E to go alone! as i do not have money for the kit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Try using smaller foam pads on the 21 with a 5" BP. I think it'll make a significant difference. If you haven't done the washer mod, do that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do have the washer mod and the 5" backing plate.

I have yet to try any 5" pads. Did find a significant improvement in correction?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    I do have the washer mod and the 5" backing plate.

I have yet to try any 5" pads. Did find a significant improvement in correction?
    I see in an earlier post you had problems with the Rupes yellow pad, how was the white pad. Did the other pads hold up? How was the finish with the Meguairs microfiber finishing pad and did it last?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresca View Post
    I see in an earlier post you had problems with the Rupes yellow pad, how was the white pad. Did the other pads hold up? How was the finish with the Meguairs microfiber finishing pad and did it last?
    The yellow pad is fine after it has been broken in. You just need to use it on a bunch horizontal panels first.

The Meg Finishing Discs hold up fine for me, but their finish is not the best on darker colors. This is because the MF material itself tends to leave tiny marks on the paint.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345