autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6LS2
    No I didn't, AG could've at least warned me seeing as they were SENDING TO AUSTRALIA. And I just realised my backing plate wont spin off, this thing is just full of fkn problems, who should I email.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think it is really AG's problem to let you know about your country's voltage...
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is it their fault to know your voltage? It's your responsibility to research the product you're using. It says in SPECIFICATIONS half-way down the page:

• Power: 120 VAC, 50-60 HZ/120 VDC
    • Motor Amps: 3.7
    • No-load Speed: 2,500-6,000 RPM
    And to my knowledge, even on the Porter Cable site, they don't include a 220 volt model. You would need something like this:

http://www.dvdoverseas.com/store/ind...atalog6_0.html

I'm no electrician, and don't have any experience with power converters, so I would do some research online.
    Last edited by nick19; 12-29-2006 at 01:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    enough about the voltage, and I never said it's AG's fault, I said they could've at least told me my voltage is different to theres so I can get a converter or whatever. ok now, who do I email to get this pc replaced or fixed? sorry if I sound mean but im so angry it's asif im boiling water in my head and the steam is coming out my ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Realx, its not the end of the world. Again, it is YOUR responsibility to research the product you're going to buy, especially being over-seas. AG is NOT resposible for letting YOU know their is a wattage difference. They assume you know what you're buying.

Next step, visit a tool store, or something along those lines, and get a watage converter. Or RESEARCH online, and purchase one online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nick19
    Realx, its not the end of the world. Again, it is YOUR responsibility to research the product you're going to buy, especially being over-seas. AG is NOT resposible for letting YOU know their is a wattage difference. They assume you know what you're buying.

Next step, visit a tool store, or something along those lines, and get a watage converter. Or RESEARCH online, and purchase one online.
    dude, a wattage converter ISNT GOING TO MAKE MY PC TURN BACK ON!!!!

sorry once again, im just about ready to blow up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you need to get your hands on one these and try again. With proper wattage going through the machine, it might work properly.

Not to add wood to the fire, but you might have voided your warranty, and getting it replaced might be impossible. Read the warranty on the machine, and read over the wattage section. I would contact PC AND AG about this issue, and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nick19
    Well, you need to get your hands on one these and try again. With proper wattage going through the machine, it might work properly.

Not to add wood to the fire, but you might have voided your warranty, and getting it replaced might be impossible. Read the warranty on the machine, and read over the wattage section. I would contact PC AND AG about this issue, and see what they say.
    Ok I'll go get a wattage converter now, but if that doesn't work, a pig will fly before I'm paying for a replacement, TRUST ME.

thx for ur help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Then that means the machine is out of order. Again, its up to you to know what you're buying, especially something that plugs into an outlet.

Like I mentioned, I would contact AG and PC directly, and explain to them your situation, and see if this is something that is covered by the warranty, so you can get a replacement, if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try contacting porter cable and telling them what happened with your unit. There is a link on their website to email them. www.portercable.com Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

just a question, the bit I've got the arrow pointed to, on all of your PC's, is that bit really unstable? because I notcied as soon as I took the pc out of the box that was shaking badly.

sorry about before guys, i was very angry because my brother got me this for my christmas present and I only got to use it once before it stuffed up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast