autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GGROP quit working (moved)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post
    I didn't...I really like the design of the GG ROP more than the design of the PCxp. It might not be as reliable...but it has a lifetime warranty!
    I've had my GG for seven months with no problems. Recently a detailer had the whole spindle on the PCXP break off. As depentable as the PC is, it can still have some problems like any machine.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to decide if I want to just get another Griots 3" or get a credit and use it to get more supplies. Are you guys going to stay with the Griots or replace it with something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnym View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I want to just get another Griots 3" or get a credit and use it to get more supplies. Are you guys going to stay with the Griots or replace it with something else?
    I'm staying with the Griot's. I believe my first one was a dud.
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I too am sticking with the brand that has a lifetime warranty!

Post Thanks / Like

lol Okay, so I'm going to chime in here and give some of you folks a little tip on the power issue. I did have the exact same problem with my first Griot's. I had just received it in the mail and was polishing my first car with it, all of a sudden, the power started fluctuating. It would work strong for a few seconds, then would almost die completely before revving back up to full. After about 20 minutes of this, it finally just quit turning on. I used a bit of common sense and deduced that there MUST be a loose connection inside of the machine and it was probably attributed to a screw. I had no burnt smells or anything coming from the machine, so I knew it wasn't electrical.

Sure enough, I unscrewed the end-cap (the black piece at the end of the polisher where the power cord goes in) and pulled it back. I wiggled the power cord around and found that one of the screws holding the wire-connector for my power cord was VERY loose, almost falling out. I tightened all of the screws and put the end-cap back on and VOILA!! No issues at all until the spindle assembly started getting some play in it (wobbled side to side a bit). I called AG and Griot's and had a replacement machine in a few days.

Griot's man for life here guys. They may have an issue here and there, but nothing serious and nothing that Griot's and AG won't stand behind and fix quickly.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Well mine died today. I thought it was to good to be true. While applying XMT 360(love,love,love this stuff) screws are falling out of the front end of the Griots. I'll be calling AG on Monday.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

My Griot's(when I had one) quit in the first 5 minutes of ever using it. Started losing power, then smelled something burning and that was it. I now have a Flex 3401.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I was really leaning to buying the Griot's because of power and warranty but now I'm getting skeptical. Warranty is great but not if you have to use it everytime you use the polisher. Has anyone experienced any problems with the Megs or PCXP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    Hmmm I was really leaning to buying the Griot's because of power and warranty but now I'm getting skeptical. Warranty is great but not if you have to use it everytime you use the polisher. Has anyone experienced any problems with the Megs or PCXP?
    I think the chances are much greater that you will get a good one rather than bad one. However, the track record has shown that GG ROP tends to fail more than the PCXP or Megs G110v2. You have a lifetime warranty with the Griot's which is nice, but you also don't want to have to worry about it failing in the middle of a polish job. Aside from the reliability issues some have, it's a very powerful polisher.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 30+ cars into my Griots and all is good here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast