autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

G110v2 vs GG6 vs PC 7424XP

I need help guys, I'm a new to the Forum world (I think its my first time every starting a Thread in a Forum) and I'm new to the ROB/DA Polisher world I'm just tired of waxing my car with a $25 Ryobi I bought at Homedepot. If I count all the time I spent reading and researching the G110v2 vs GG6 vs PC 7424XP it probably add up to 40 hours. The problem is I STILL CANT DECIDE! FLEX is not in the picture because its too expensive.

I called Megs and asked them why I should get their DA and they said because it has Cruise Control. I don't that's a good enough answer.

So far this is what I concluded so far:
    G110v2 -Free Bag, Corp offices in Irvine (I live in socal), Soft Touch coating, Brush Change Port, and the "D"-Handle.
    GG6 - Lifetime Warranty!, "D"-Handle, Stronger Motor, and has the lowest price.
    PC 7424 XP - Made by a company that purely makes tools, and has been around the longest.

Pretty much the running is between G110v2 and GG6, I'm leaning towards the GG6. But can someone tell me if I'm not considering something or missing something. I will be using it 6-8 times a year and I am concerned that the G110v2 wont last because the internal components will rust or degrade in time and it has only a 1 year warranty.

PLEASE HELP.

Also can you use a MF Bonnet over a Soft Buff 2.0 Burgundy Cut pad to remove wax? Thanks guys for the advice and help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G110v2 vs GG6 vs PC 7424XP

I HAve the new GG and am loving it right now. I have used it on 6-8 cars so far and it is so much faster than the old generation PC that it is not funny. I would go GG
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried them all. GG 6" is the most effective, no doubt about it.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I've tried them all. GG 6" is the most effective, no doubt about it.
    Can you tell me Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Can you tell me Why?
    With a DA polisher, the most important thing is to be able to keep the pad rotating under pressure, that's how you obtain correction. With the GG 6", it's the hardest to make the pad stop rotating compared to the PCXP and Megs G110v2.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

With a DA polisher, the most important thing is to be able to keep the pad rotating under pressure, that's how you obtain correction. With the GG 6", it's the hardest to make the pad stop rotating compared to the PCXP and Megs G110v2.
    Thanks man, that's good info.
    I'm kind of disappointed that theres no Megs users replying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Thanks man, that's good info.
    I'm kind of disappointed that theres no Megs users replying.
    I'm not saying the Megs and PC are bad polishers, they can get the job done too. I just find the GG 6" is the most effective.
    Last edited by WRAPT C5Z06; 05-26-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Mike Phillips

With a DA polisher, the most important thing is to be able to keep the pad rotating under pressure, that's how you obtain correction.
    Good summary of the key idea behind how swirls are removed using a tool with a Free Floating Spindle Assembly.

IF the pad doesn't rotate, all it does is vibrate or wiggle against the paint. A DA Polisher can both rotate and oscillate against the paint at the same time and it's this ability that enables it to remove a little paint to remove the swirls and at the same time do it in a way that doesn't instill swirls.

I think I cover this in this recent video...

pick-polisher

The Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher has the most powerful motor out of the three DA Polishers but they can all keep the pad rotating under pressure as long as you don't place too large of a pad on the tool.

Here's some more information on all these tools..

How to choose the right polisher for your detailing project

Tips and Techniques for using the PC 7424XP Dual Action Polisher to remove Below Surface Defects

The Free Floating Spindle Assembly - The Story Behind The Story...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Good summary of the key idea behind how swirls are removed using a tool with a Free Floating Spindle Assembly.

IF the pad doesn't rotate, all it does is vibrate or wiggle against the paint. A DA Polisher can both rotate and oscillate against the paint at the same time and it's this ability that enables it to remove a little paint to remove the swirls and at the same time do it in a way that doesn't instill swirls.

Index of /

The Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher has the most powerful motor out of the three DA Polishers but they can all keep the pad rotating under pressure as long as you don't place too large of a pad on the tool.

Tips and Techniques for using the PC 7424XP Dual Action Polisher to remove Below Surface Defects

I knew Mike would key in with the specifics.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Index of /

RAND is using a G110v2! Does that mean its easier to handle than the rest of the DAs?

Also I noticed the G110v2 is the only DA with a fully enclosed Spindle Assembly. Does this make a difference?

I watched your video (maybe I missed something) but you didn't really go in to dept in the differences between G110v2, GG6 and PC 7424XP other than the handle differences. I did notice you were using a PC. Are those the ONLY differences when you actually end up using the DAs?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Homer; 05-26-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added comment

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast