autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray Souveran v XMT

OK, so I did something really stupid! I let AG send me a free sample of Souveran Spray Wax. A little 4 ounce bottle! How can you get hooked on that little product? But like all good dope dealers, AG knew what it was doing and now I am hooked. The 4 oz. are gone and I have to replace.

BUT -- I saw a how to by Mike in which he implied that XMT was his favorite spray wax! Hmmmm. Is XMT actually better than Souveran? How can it be? It's cheaper. So I thought I would ask you folk before I go deeper in debt, which do you prefer?

Many thanks,
    <TED>

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Souveran v XMT

Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's good. Case in point, I could sell you a dog turd for 800 bucks but it's still a turd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tedj101 View Post
    OK, so I did something really stupid! I let AG send me a free sample of Souveran Spray Wax. A little 4 ounce bottle! How can you get hooked on that little product? But like all good dope dealers, AG knew what it was doing and now I am hooked. The 4 oz. are gone and I have to replace.

BUT -- I saw a how to by Mike in which he implied that XMT was his favorite spray wax! Hmmmm. Is XMT actually better than Souveran? How can it be? It's cheaper. So I thought I would ask you folk before I go deeper in debt, which do you prefer?

Many thanks,
    <TED>
    Ted,

I have a brand new Souveran Spray wax that you can have. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Best,
    Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I have both as well, I have been using XMT spray wax consistantly. I was not super impressed with Souveran Spray Wax. In fact, I like Crystal Mist much better (and thats just a quick detailer). However, XMT seems to give a nice shine and slickness, lasts a decent while, and is usually a great value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Docpeanut View Post
    Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's good. Case in point, I could sell you a dog turd for 800 bucks but it's still a turd
    I totally agree.....

Very true, I used a new wax that is currently priced at around $195.00 per can. I compared it to a wax that sells for $22.00.

There was no visable paint depth, shine, smoothness or water beading quality that could be differentiated between the two waxes.

It's always a case of beware buyer. It is so easy for any vendor to hype a product based on new technology and price the product high, thinking that the high price means the best quality.

As Docpeanut stated a $800 dog turd is still a dog turd whether or not the dog ate an expensive brand of dog food or a low priced one. They all look the same and smell the same.

Docpeanut, you made a very valid point.

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of ranting about price of this or that, all Tedj101 asked was for spray wax recommendations. Bravo to Larry S for paying forward a kind gift of a free full size bottle of Souveran spray wax.

To each his own when it comes to how we spend our hard earned money.

Post Thanks / Like

I seen this thread so I thought I would give my results.....I got some XMT Spray Wax with a detailers bag awhile back. Used it a few times but the spray bottle that it came in was kind of pitiful. I have used Souveran Spray Wax for some time now....I like it and works good. Well this evening while cleaning up my bagged S10 I ran out of Souveran Spray Wax.....so I poured the XMT into the Souveran bottle and used it.....Wow..what a difference....The XMT IMO is a lot better than the Souveran. From now on I will get the XMT and keep using my Souveran bottle......I see now why Mike likes the XMT....excellent stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

The XMT Spray Wax is excellent.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richzak View Post
    I totally agree.....

Very true, I used a new wax that is currently priced at around $195.00 per can. I compared it to a wax that sells for $22.00.

There was no visable paint depth, shine, smoothness or water beading quality that could be differentiated between the two waxes.

It's always a case of beware buyer. It is so easy for any vendor to hype a product based on new technology and price the product high, thinking that the high price means the best quality.

As Docpeanut stated a $800 dog turd is still a dog turd whether or not the dog ate an expensive brand of dog food or a low priced one. They all look the same and smell the same.

Docpeanut, you made a very valid point.
    sounds very scientific! if the 195$ wax sucks so bad I'll take it off your hands, I'll pay shipping, because if it is no better than a $20 wax, you can give it away free of charge. I'll PM you my address.
    Back to the full-time grind.