autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Fix RaceDeck Free Flow Slippery Tiles

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    •At first it was just an honest review video.
    Now it looks like a social media crisis.

•I don't know how versed you guys are in brand image management and how big of role social media plays

but with his comments if this video were to go viral it could pose a huge risk to the company.
    •And for some reason I get a twisted pleasure out of seeing how other CEO's run their companies (possibly into the ground).
    Too many times in my lifetime I've seen where
    haughtiness renders a person intractable.

I hope that you aren't becoming one such person.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    I will not put them in my garage after that Youtube comment from the company. If Auto Geek made them they would have sent you a shipping label so you could send them a box to test and fix the problem. I have made thousands of dollars of purchases from AGO because I know if a item is not satisfactory they will fix it with a smile. Shame on Race Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I'm following this just because I want to see an apology coming from them!
    Same here. But sadly, if one comes, it will be from pressure put on him by the online community. Not because he realized or believes he was out of line.
    He sure does have a lot of air in his chest, I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I don't doubt the floor was slippery, but, I wonder why there haven't been more issues brought up? It seems to me the OP got a bad batch and the thing the company should have done was to investigate and get a few samples back, determine what happened and then made it right. If I had been the customer, I would not have spent the time and effort to sand those tiles!
    These were my exact thoughts. I actually haven't sanded all the tiles yet, just those few in the video. So I will be making another (non dramatic) video.

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    OK, the CEO's point was you were slipping on wax and soap since it's a detailing bay.
    What is your response to his reasoning, FTA? Thanks
    As soon as I pulled the floor out of the box it was slippery. Yes, the video was filmed after about a week but the slipperiness didn't change. You, being on a detailing forum, should know that your floor doesn't magically become covered in wax and tire shine after doing a few vehicles. I shine tires outside, and I hadn't waxed a vehicle since the tiles came out of the box. Sad that I have to make a second video washing the floor with dawn soap and pressure washing it clean then wearing several different pairs of shoes to prove a point.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Too many times in my lifetime I've seen where
    haughtiness renders a person intractable.

I hope that you aren't becoming one such person.

Bob
    I wont argue that I may come off as arrogant because of the ignorance of my peers, but my comment was only a suggestion to the CEO of how to better his company with an experienced social media manager.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

No, being on a detailing site forces me to ask these questions because I know how slick detailing products can be.I believe the CEO has a good point.
    However, if you don't refrain from producing an attitude with those with legitamate questions, the CEO will always have a fair point in my mind ONLY because you then posted this, which is just out of left field and shows something of your character:
    And for some reason I get a twisted pleasure out of seeing how other CEO's run their companies (possibly into the ground).
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Which video?
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

No, being on a detailing site forces me to ask these questions because I know how slick detailing products can be.I believe the CEO has a good point.
    However, if you don't refrain from producing an attitude with those with legitamate questions, the CEO will always have a fair point in my mind ONLY because you then posted this, which is just out of left field and shows something of your character:
    Yeah, when you look at it that way it makes sense. This is where I would go back to edit my comment with #sarcasm but unfortunately I can't.
    I guess it's hard to prove here on a forum but I'm really a good guy and that comment was really more of a joke than anything. My video was to promote the RaceDeck brand, I love the flooring and said in the video that I recommend it. There is even a link in the description to AG so you can buy it. But after Jorgen's comments my opinion of the company and his character has changed.
    And yes, he had a good point about the detailing products, but the flooring was slippery when brand new and he proceeded to say sanding them (creates less surface area?) was a bad idea and would make the floor more slick.
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

So you are going to ignore the fact the he steamed and APC'd the floor with no change? Also going to ignore the thread he made when installing the tiles and mentioned how slick they were?
    He did everything to remove any and all detailing residues and still had an issue. These tiles failed and the company failed.

Post Thanks / Like

For the record, I work on bare smooth concrete. I have NEVER had any traction issues when I detailed on the concrete over the past year and a half. But that could just be my situation ( the shoes I wear, type of concrete etc...)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think FinishingTouch came off as arrogant in any way. IMO anyone who did clearly misunderstood.

All you have to do is read all of his comments prior to the 1 you guys are referring to and it's pretty easy to tell he wasn't serious when he said that...

Post Thanks / Like

I wont argue that I may come off as arrogant
    because of the ignorance of my peers...
    my comment was only a suggestion to the CEO
    of
    how to better his company
    with an experienced social media manager.

Such condescensional bloviating...

:smh:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

Such condescensional bloviating...

:smh:

Bob
    Bob, you act like nothing you ever say is condescending or arrogant. I will gladly be 100% transparent and admit my slight arrogance. And I'll also admit when I am wrong. I value honesty very much.
    FTA Website

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast