autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Car might be burnt to a crisp

I got a email the last week about a incident on the ship my 2013 Mustang GT is on. It was being shipped from Germany to the U.S. I got another email saying I will get more info Friday when they unload the ship. I found this info on the ship. Also some other reports of upto 100 cars burnt to a crisp.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06...es-114648.html

I might be getting a new car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car might be burnt to a crisp

The link doesn't work, but wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a solid link I believe:
    Military members’ personal vehicles among cargo aboard ship damaged by fire - News - Stripes

Sucks.. Question will be is who's insurance covers it? Hope they don't have any escape clauses, but the comment at the end of that article about the BMW is a bit chilling.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You getting a 15 5.0???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 281 View Post
    You getting a 15 5.0???
    If my car burned up I probably go back to a fox mustang or look into a F100.
    It has been driving crazy waiting to hear if my car was damaged or not. In some ways I'm hoping its gone. It was suppose to arrive no later than 8 July and now no telling when I will get it if it was not damaged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSStang View Post
    It has been driving crazy waiting to hear if my car was damaged or not. In some ways I'm hoping its gone. It was suppose to arrive no later than 8 July and now no telling when I will get it if it was not damaged.
    Yeah that has to be the worst part, not knowing...I wouldn't mind having a 93 coupe with a coyote motor. Whatever the case, hope it all works our for you

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the latest info. If it's not damaged it will be see below they say something about washing vehicles

We remain committed to keeping you informed about your POV and are providing this update to the message sent to you on Friday, 12 June.

The origin and causal inspection started in Southampton, as projected, on 13 June, continuing through 14 June and part of Monday, 15 June. Results have not been released yet but all damage to the vessel appears to have been on the upper decks. We anticipate damage to cargo will follow the same pattern. However, our preliminary inspection of POVs was conducted using flashlights in the holds of the vessel since lights were not operable. We will not declare any POV without damage until IAL can wash and inspect vehicles pier side in Bremerhaven using IAL inspection teams. It is for this reason that we cannot say whether or not your POV sustained damage during this incident.

M/V COURAGE sailed from Southampton on Monday and is now berthed in Bremerhaven. German authorities are reviewing the discharge plan and examining the cargo to ensure there is no hazmat issue that will harm personnel, non-damaged cargo and the environment. Since the ship owners have been in regular contact with port authorities, we anticipate that the discharge plan will work and the process will start either late Friday or Saturday. The cargo discharge may take several days as stability of the vessel must be maintained during the entire process. The official IAL damage inspection will occur after the POVs are discharged.

IAL will continue to provide information to you on a regular basis with our next planned update on Monday, 22 June. We are contacting every Member whose POV was on board the M/V COURAGE directly.

Sincerely,
    IAL Customer Service

Post Thanks / Like

Doh! Sorry to hear. No matter the result, it will most like take a while to get your car back or get a check.

Hurry up and wait. Gotta love the government/military bs you have to put up with.

When I got out, the crate that my stuff was shipped in was ransacked, probably along with everyone else's. Took all of my home entertainment gear including a fairly large tv and the entertainment center. Brand new Bose Am7 I had just bought because it was less expensive through the PX and my roommate bought me a new entertainment center so he could keep mine up.

Finally got paid in the end, but I could not replace them for the same money that I had bought them for at PX since I was no long a military member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSStang View Post

Looking for a longbed myself.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast