autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm gonna say it...

WOMEN (in general) are terrible drivers!

I really hate saying this about my own gender, but 98% of the time, whenever I encounter someone driving and they do some bone-head move, it's a woman.

I can't tell you how many times I come up to car car, SUV, etc and the woman driver is putting on makeup, talking on the phone, looking at her passenger talking... I could go on.

And just this morning some woman in a SUV pulls right out in front of me. Never even looked to see if it was clear and if anyone was coming... she was looking right where she was driving.

SIGH.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok, I'm gonna say it...

Bad drivers are heavily concentrated in Florida too. Just this morning someone was obviously texting in front of me...drove up ONTO THE CURB before she realized what she was doing and corrected. Scary.

I got on by her and yep...STILL texting. Terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is the only person I know whose made me and my kids sea sick while driving down the interstate. I do ALL of the driving when we travel as a family.

Poor depth perception, an inability to keep the car in a straight line, and no steady throttle modulation is a wicked combination.

To paint a broad stereotype, it seems women get the little stuff wrong like driving distracted or backing into my parked car in a parking lot (true story). Men do the high risk stuff that scares you to death like passing on the shoulder at high speed in a traffic jam or making a right hand turn from the left hand turn lane across three lanes of traffic.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...uh. Slippery slope here.

I spent some time working as a police officer in patrol, and....

Yeah...

...so...I've actually lost count the number of times I've stopped someone who I was 1000 percent certain was a slam dunk DUI...and then it turned out to be an asian woman. Recent immigrant status. Not saying it's genetic or something.

And I've also lost track of precisely how many times I thought I was in a pursuit, but a middle-eastern/pakistani/indian woman just didn't believe she had to stop. Calm as can be about it...her; definitely not me. Must be a class system thing?

I'm just the messenger...

Post Thanks / Like

I truly think the difference is men enjoy driving. They are usually into cars, and even if they are not, they are the husband getting his family safely to their destination.

Women, on the other hand, in general, think of cars as appliances. It's an inconvenience to get from point A to point B. So they aren't paying attention to things as much because they are bored.

I enjoy driving my car- hell, I go out just to drive sometimes.

I also think (and this is another can of worms) that most women do not drive manuals. Driving a manual IMO makes you way more alert to changing driving conditions.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eich View Post
    Wow...uh. Slippery slope here.

I spent some time working as a police officer in patrol, and....

Yeah...

...so...I've actually lost count the number of times I've stopped someone who I was 1000 percent certain was a slam dunk DUI...and then it turned out to be an asian woman. Recent immigrant status. Not saying it's genetic or something.
    This happened to my wife while we lived in Europe. I still give her grief about it today. She's not even close to being Asian

The motorcycle officer looked really disappointed after speaking with her. I think he was looking for a good arrest to add some excitement to his day doing traffic enforcement.

I was following her home in another vehicle so I got to watch the whole thing play out.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

::shaking head:::

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Men do the high risk stuff that scares you to death like passing on the shoulder at high speed in a traffic jam or making a right hand turn from the left hand turn lane across three lanes of traffic.
    Hey, you know my friend, too?

I can't honestly say I have identified that women are responsible for the majority of bone-head moves, but I have to say congratulations to LE here in NJ (and perhaps elsewhere) for turning pedestrians into boneheads who WALK OUT INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC WITHOUT LOOKING, on the presumption that the driver of the 6000 lb SUV going 30 MPH isn't texting or tuning the radio and sees them and can stop in time, and that there aren't 10 cars behind them wating to pile up.

This behavior now extends to controlled and uncontrolled intersections and crosswalks, the middle of the block, whether or not the "don't walk" sign is lit, and even when they are dressed in black at night on a dark street when they are INVISIBLE. Pardon me, but I got taught in grade school to look both ways before I cross the street, and I am not stupid enough to step out in front of a moving vehicle, even if I am sure the driver can see me.

Oh and let's not forget the people who do this when they are PUSHING A BABY STROLLER IN FRONT OF THEM. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Post Thanks / Like

The texting thing really gets me. I'm battling like hell to get my daughter to stop doing it. I don't even check my phone at stoplights because I don't know how many times I've had to honk at people when a light turns green and they are still looking down typing away.

Then there are the people who are in such a "hurry" they have to blow a stop sign to turn out in front of you, yet then they proceed to go 5mph under the speed limit. Really?
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Hey, you know my friend, too?

I can't honestly say I have identified that women are responsible for the majority of bone-head moves, but I have to say congratulations to LE here in NJ (and perhaps elsewhere) for turning pedestrians into boneheads who WALK OUT INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC WITHOUT LOOKING, on the presumption that the driver of the 6000 lb SUV going 30 MPH isn't texting or tuning the radio and sees them and can stop in time, and that there aren't 10 cars behind them wating to pile up.

This behavior now extends to controlled and uncontrolled intersections and crosswalks, the middle of the block, whether or not the "don't walk" sign is lit, and even when they are dressed in black at night on a dark street when they are INVISIBLE. Pardon me, but I got taught in grade school to look both ways before I cross the street, and I am not stupid enough to step out in front of a moving vehicle, even if I am sure the driver can see me.

Oh and let's not forget the people who do this when they are PUSHING A BABY STROLLER IN FRONT OF THEM. Sorry for the thread hijack.
    Thanks to these morons, we now have that giant stupid euro bumper on cars. Hey, here's an idea- STOP AND LOOK BEFORE YOU CROSS A STREET!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast