autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AG still setting off anti-virus alerts!

this time it happened without even google searching for a topic. i was on the forum and clicked on a thread i wanted to read. page two did this:

'09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I try to visit this site it is the evgeneevich element which seems to slow everything down. Whatever it is doing it makes navigation of AG too slow to use. It is as if evgeneevich is loading some huge file as the address is shown at the bottom of the page is visible during most of my time on here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lowejackson View Post
    Whenever I try to visit this site it is the evgeneevich element which seems to slow everything down. Whatever it is doing it makes navigation of AG too slow to use. It is as if evgeneevich is loading some huge file as the address is shown at the bottom of the page is visible during most of my time on here
    yep. that is EXACTLY what happens with me if i have this site in the exclusion list for my av program, which is the only way i can view this site.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

R U using 2016 version of Avast? If not see this:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=178580.0

then try without the exclusion

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post
    R U using 2016 version of Avast? If not see this:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=178580.0

then try without the exclusion

Good Luck
    that is what i run. no change in behavior w/ or w/o exclusion. except with 2016, i've noticed it throws more pop up warnings whilst browsing on this site than before. with the exclusion listed, it will throw the warnings but not prevent connecting.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Uninstall Avast & try 360 Total, you can always go back. Take a look at post #76 & compare Avast to Qihoo which = 360 Total

Post Thanks / Like

Uninstall Avast & try 360 Total, you can always go back. Take a look at post #76 & compare Avast to Qihoo which = 360 Total
    Are there additional things to do than simply uninstalling a program and going to another, especially if you change av's several times?
    Bill

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

The correct way to change Av's is:

1. go to the web site & download the new AV
    2. go to 'control panel' > 'programs & features' > highlight the old AV
    Uninstall it.
    3. The old AV may say, you need to reboot, to completely uninstall the
    old AV. Do it!!!! If it does not prompt for reboot, proceed to next
    step.
    4. Install the new AV.

Doing it this way your protected by the old AV, when acquiring the new AV. Uninstalling the old, before installing the new, insures no conflicts, by two resident AV's.

Also if you try 360 Total, be sure to turn on the two AV engines (Avira & Bitdefender, also go to settings & choose protect browser

Post Thanks / Like

i appreciate you trying to help, but i would much rather AG figure out why evgeneevich is involved with this site than switch to another AV when mine has been flawless in performance for the who knows how many years i've run it aside from this lone issue with one site.

i can switch AVs, but the fact remains that avast! is a legitimate provider and has specifically cited to me, person to person, that evgeneevich is problematic.

a few URL scanners (ESET, Websense, Fortinet) are identifying the site in question in a similar fashion, though it's only a few out of many, many out there who aren't concerned about the site in question, just like other AVs.

if AG doesn't want to resolve this, fine.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Builthatch,

No problem! AG will not solve the problem your experiencing, as the AV company chooses, what it deems 'malware', likewise the other AV's you've mentioned. They target 'evgeneevich' as potentially harmful, and warn the user. This is common in the industry. Example:

SuperAntiSpyware (very good product) targets items, that Malwarebytes chooses not to target. Often times (not always), targeting items that others choose to ignore, gives the user a false sense that the more aggressive is better.

That you've not had issues says more about your online behavior, than it does about your choice in AV's.

All AV's have the same problem NONE can be 100% effective. As malware, is on the internet, prior to the antidote for removal.

Malware hits the internet > Anti-Malware programs must find it > write the antidote > send it to the customers. Before protections is in place, for that specific bug.

Hence we have a time frame, where the bug is out there, & your not protected from it.

With that being said your surfing habits, if bad will challenge your AV (more often), is the malware recognized by your AV or not. If you practice safe hex, your AV is challenged less often, thus your years of being malware free.

Kaspersky - Address's the problem, with very frequent updates (your subscription) is updated hourly, when using there product.

What the graph in (post 76) shows, is the most recent vendors AV software's ability, both proactive & reactive, to keep you malware free. Avast is mediocre in test (from multiple testers), for quite some time (years), and that those higher on the graph, and further to the right (tan Avast), protect everything that Avast sees, and more.

is a legitimate provider and has specifically cited to me, person to person, that evgeneevich is problematic.
    All mentioned are legitimate providers! Non legitimate providers, are Malware! Again AVAST chooses to flag 'evgeneevich' as a problem or potential problem, thus warning the user. Where others, feel it does not warrant, warning the user.

The person to person contact, you had is not that impressive, as you would not have spoken to the people, who make the decision as to flag or not flag that file. In essence what they told you is what, you already knew Avast flags it & he she cannot, change the decision to flag or not flag.

R U aware of the big screw up Avast pulled? If not briefly

In the EULA you agreed to, they have a, by default on shopping adviser (spy's on you), they generate a list & sell your history, which results, in targeted adverts for you.

This quite the "big deal" in security forums, some loyalists were defending Avast, while others were shocked & dismayed by that kind of behavior. I found the paragraphs in the paid & free EULA's of AVAST & posted, that was confirmation, of the action.

It's not surprising they would do this, it's about generating profit for the company. What's shocking is they would betray, there users by spying & profiting off it.

With the outing (AVAST), I believe they kept the spying option, but by default it is OFF, so now the user can opt in, if he/she wishes to.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast