autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 52 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: DK News

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DK News

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Thx Roger!
    Work's been keeping me pretty busy... haven't had much time to do anything.
    Next will probably be the short shift kit and get the shift knob put on.
    I'm going the opposite route. Looking for an 18" extension and either hand grenade or brass knuckle shifter from the HouseOspeed.
    hotrodshiftknob.com
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    I'm going the opposite route. Looking for an 18" extension and either hand grenade or brass knuckle shifter from the HouseOspeed.
    hotrodshiftknob.com
    You gonna be drifting?
    That sounds cool... pics when it happens.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Well I dropped the car off this morning.

I think they legit think I'm a complete freak. But I was as nice as possible about it. It all started when I said do not wash it when the work is completed.....

I will be getting a new rear bumper. Looks like 4 business days for completion. With any luck, I'll have it back by the weekend.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Well I dropped the car off this morning.

I think they legit think I'm a complete freak. But I was as nice as possible about it. It all started when I said do not wash it when the work is completed.....

I will be getting a new rear bumper. Looks like 4 business days for completion. With any luck, I'll have it back by the weekend.
    LOL. You'll have to share a photo of the finished product/ left over body shop residue *if* they abide by your request.

A friend of mine has a house down the street from 3D on Burke Road and used to joke 3D fought the traffic light being put in at the intercession of Boot and Burke because all the accidents where good for business :P

Post Thanks / Like

So its just the rear bumper that got damaged? If so, should be a breeze to fix/match the paint but keep in mind that the rear bumper color is NEVER the same as the rest of the car due to the flex agent that gets added to the paint for the bumper. Its something I've always noticed on these new cars and that's how it was explained to me anyways.

Because of how you keep your car Monica I'm sure its going to be an invisible repair and blend in with the rest of the car. BTW is the other car at the same body shop?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    LOL. You'll have to share a photo of the finished product/ left over body shop residue *if* they abide by your request.

A friend of mine has a house down the street from 3D on Burke Road and used to joke 3D fought the traffic light being put in at the intercession of Boot and Burke because all the accidents where good for business :P
    WE joked that the one bush wasn't trimmed because it was good for business to the shop manager

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So its just the rear bumper that got damaged? If so, should be a breeze to fix/match the paint but keep in mind that the rear bumper color is NEVER the same as the rest of the car due to the flex agent that gets added to the paint for the bumper. Its something I've always noticed on these new cars and that's how it was explained to me anyways.

Because of how you keep your car Monica I'm sure its going to be an invisible repair and blend in with the rest of the car. BTW is the other car at the same body shop?
    It is just the rear bumper. LOL- they were telling me at first that they would probably blend the bumper (this was before they realized they had to replace it). I flat out told them they wouldn't be able to blend the paint.
    Keep in mind I dropped the car when it was overcast out. What they couldn't see in the light was the 5 colors of flake in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm happy to report that I got my car back and the bumper looks good

Even BETTER is that it was filthy when I picked it up. They made a point to tell me they didn't wash it per my request

Post Thanks / Like

Great news Monica, how long do you have to wait to touch it with something?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm happy to report that I got my car back and the bumper looks good

Even BETTER is that it was filthy when I picked it up. They made a point to tell me they didn't wash it per my request
    glad to hear, back to business as usual...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Great news Monica, how long do you have to wait to touch it with something?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    They said I can use a spray wax or something light right away. But nothing hardcore for 30 days.

Nice thing was the body shop rep who helped me pick up the car was a weekend warrior detailer like myself and said he wouldn't have let them wash his car either. Nice to know some people understand

Page 52 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast