autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

... to you business park landscapers!

A few months ago it would be "curses to you", but today it is kudos.

Preface:
    A couple of months ago, a gas leaf blower guy was blowing leaves, twigs, rocks and whatever; around, under, over, into cars parked in our office lot. I asked him not to do it around my car cause it blows debris on my car and could scratch the surface, plus my windows were cracked an inch. He said okay, but I saw him down the way and after he blew around the cars, he'd blow all the crap off the car after.
    (What's the problem with leaves in streets and parking lots anyway, that they have to be cleaned up constantly? Is it a new America, or NorCal suburbia thing?)

Last month when I saw a different leaf blower, I asked him if he was finished in the back lot. He said yes, so I moved my car. He saw me get out and complimented me on my car.

Today:
    He sees me leaving for my lunch time swim. He approaches me and asks if I could park somewhere else next week, since they want to clean up where I park and haven't used the blower there the last 2 visits. I told him definitely and thanked him. Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ... to you business park landscapers!

As much as I hate to see vehicles getting debris blown under and around them, the guys doing the blowing have a job to do and just don't have the time to track down the owners and then sit and wait while all the cars are being moved. Usually, the company doing the work is under a yearly contract and must abide by it and complete the weekly maintenance in order to be paid. With that said, it's nice to see that they have taken note that you care for your vehicle and are giving you a heads up!

Post Thanks / Like

I am as impressed as you are....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

The first day I took delivery on my new car 4 years ago...the campus lawn crew blew wet grass all over my car.

I took pictures afterward and sent them to the facilities manager on campus. Nothing came of it but a half baked apology. My car has been a target ever since. I remember one day last winter the campus salt truck turned his salt shooter on just as he was upon the side of my car...and sprayed a nice coating of rock salt all over the side of the car. Luckily I had the car coated and the salt didn't damage the paint.

The car frankly has been a nightmare in terms of folks doing crap like that. Its hard enough battling mother nature without that sort of stuff happening. However I am retiring in December and those nightmares are soon to end.

Its funny how jealous people are. The day I drove that car to work...I got comments like..."somebody's getting paid way too much money"..."mid life crisis, hey"?...etc, etc. I find that funny since there are $50,000 SUVs in my parking lot and that's fine,.,,,but a red sports car driven by a 60+ year old guy...that seems to draw the worse out in some people.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The first day I took delivery on my new car 4 years ago...the campus lawn crew blew wet grass all over my car.

I took pictures afterward and sent them to the facilities manager on campus. Nothing came of it but a half baked apology. My car has been a target ever since. I remember one day last winter the campus salt truck turned his salt shooter on just as he was upon the side of my car...and sprayed a nice coating of rock salt all over the side of the car. Luckily I had the car coated and the salt didn't damage the paint.

The car frankly has been a nightmare in terms of folks doing crap like that. Its hard enough battling mother nature without that sort of stuff happening. However I am retiring in December and those nightmares are soon to end.

Its funny how jealous people are. The day I drove that car to work...I got comments like..."somebody's getting paid way too much money"..."mid life crisis, hey"?...etc, etc. I find that funny since there are $50,000 SUVs in my parking lot and that's fine,.,,,but a red sports car driven by a 60+ year old guy...that seems to draw the worse out in some people.
    Hey John,

I "feel your pain" and sympathize with you. I also have two choice words for these bozo's,,,which of course are inappropriate on this forum....

Hang in there brother....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME!! This made me smile this morning. Thanks for sharing!

My black Raptor has suffered only once the mishap of my lawncare people. I wish I could have been more like you in handling it. I unfortunately decided to intimidate them using my 6'6" 250 lbs frame in their face with strong well worded and definite threats. I can tell you that they have been EXTREMELY careful around my truck and my staff's vehicles..... but I've regretted the encounter ever since

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't understand why those guys are allowed to blow leaves into the streets-basically just moving the debris from one place to another and then it clogs the drains-###?

Maybe I am old school-get it into a pile then pick it up and bag it and remove it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 74 thing View Post
    I still don't understand why those guys are allowed to blow leaves into the streets-basically just moving the debris from one place to another and then it clogs the drains-###?

Maybe I am old school-get it into a pile then pick it up and bag it and remove it.
    ^^^^^^

Same goes for the the residential neighborhood ignoramuses that blow their grass clippings and leaves into the streets!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    AWESOME!! This made me smile this morning. Thanks for sharing!

My black Raptor has suffered only once the mishap of my lawncare people. I wish I could have been more like you in handling it. I unfortunately decided to intimidate them using my 6'6" 250 lbs frame in their face with strong well worded and definite threats. I can tell you that they have been EXTREMELY careful around my truck and my staff's vehicles..... but I've regretted the encounter ever since
    Next time just tell them what handle you go by on car forums. Tell them they don't want to know why.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 74 thing View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    ^^^^^^

Same goes for the the residential neighborhood ignoramuses that blow their grass clippings and leaves into the streets!

Bob
    I am with you guys, why not vacuum it up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast