autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions for those that do opti coat pro

I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion if it's worth setting up to be authorized to do opti coat pro applications. I have all the requirements together but I wasn't sure if it's going to benefit me since I'm not sure how many cars I could end up doing with opticoat. I've done 2.0 but that's slowed down for business and I've mostly been doing the Dp paint coating on cars being it's a bit cheaper and that's what people have been going with.

Now I just detail on the side from my home 1-3 cars a week so I am not a big operation. Just looking to get some input if it's worth my time to send out the paperwork and do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you just a word of mouth business or are you marketing with a website, FB, etc.?

If it's the latter I think it will help reinforce your professional image and why not. If it's the first probably won't change anything so why waste the effort.
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions for those that do opti coat pro

If your doing this for a living then yes I make a lot of money being a pro installer. If you market it right it can be a big up sell for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I have a Facebook page I just started doing but mostly word of mouth. No other real advertising. I have a full time job but still fit in a couple cars a week.

After the initial paperwork is there anything else required to do? And if I'm not going to have huge volume can I order product as I book cars or do they make you stock it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the aspect of being listed on their site would be good and as mentioned above it would look good and reinforce the professional aspect of my business.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do OptiCoat Pro for the simple reason that I see no need in carrying 100k in insurance. I use 2.0 for that reason alone. I'm always straight up with customers about what I use, and I tell them that I'd be happy to refer them to a pro installer if they want, but that both are superior products and that I stand behind my installations with the same warranty pro installers do. I haven't had one customer be deterred yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alek@DeepClean View Post
    I don't do OptiCoat Pro for the simple reason that I see no need in carrying 100k in insurance. I use 2.0 for that reason alone. I'm always straight up with customers about what I use, and I tell them that I'd be happy to refer them to a pro installer if they want, but that both are superior products and that I stand behind my installations with the same warranty pro installers do. I haven't had one customer be deterred yet.
    If your detailing for a living then insurance is must for anyone. If you don't have insurance then that is just plain dumb really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I already have the insurance that's why I'm thinking about it. The only issue I have is they want a tax ID number and I'll be honest I haven't been 100 percent on tax things. I do a lot of cash business and haven't claimed much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again I have a full time job aside from detailing. It's always been just a small 1 or 2 day a week thing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    If your detailing for a living then insurance is must for anyone. If you don't have insurance then that is just plain dumb really.
    Who says I don't have insurance? All I said was that I see no reason to carry 100k in insurance.