autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting partially settled into Germany

It was great hearing from you today Mike. Really happy to hear you are just about settled in. I know you must miss your whole garage detailing setup but the Nurburgring and the Autobahn really isn't a bad trade-off. I am surely waiting for the pics and videos of your journeys is Germany.

A tune to remove the govenor huh?? BOUT TIME!!
    2001 JB BMW 530I
    http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
    Instagram: @thelastdetailnv

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Glad that you settling in... As stated many times, bring it on. I have done much work with our sister company and tooling shops in Germany, but have never gotten the chance to visit. I would also love to visit the Mercedes plant, I made a great many parts for the Mercedes vehicles.
    Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything is going good for you MIKE, thanks for your advise the other day, and thanks for what your doing for me and my family, you have all my respect! god bless you my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArkayoDeetayo View Post
    subscribed to see the updates on pictures and your journey in Germany.

when you say "started work", what are you doing over there?

also, you should order a polisher asap so you don't have rusty polishing skills, I have always enjoyed your threads of your work and the wonderful pictures that follow
    Thank you.

I am a car mechanic for the Air Force. Right now in that field I am more or less a service writer like one from a dealer. I work in the section called customer service and I help the customer with their Government vehicle changing small such as wiper blades, lights, tires, oil changes, and trouble shooting fault codes. If the vehicle requires heavy work I then write up a work order and send it to a specific shop for the work to be performed.

I have been on the lookout for doing my detailing work and will post anything that I come accross.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby View Post
    Good to hear you are getting settled in! I am mostly German but the closest I get to Germany is St Louis Strassenfest. LOL Anyway good luck in your new place.
    Alby
    Thank you! I never did make it to the STL Strassenfest.

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Bet it'll be more fun this time around Mike.

Longest I've been there is 15 days back in 06 with my daughters senior high German class. There was only 6 of us (with some other small groups) and we drove all over, in and out day after day from middle and southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland even Lichtenstein. Not much we didn't see.

That was the last time I was able to do any decent amount of walking. These days it's the mailbox and that's about it.

We actually were in Vienna at Schönbrunn Palace during the day and found they were having the free Vienna philharmonic concert that night. We hopped on the wonderful public transportation in the city that evening and went back to attend. What an AMAZING time that was! (Except for the part where I ended up separated from my daughter and the group for 45 minutes, 3000 miles from home, and don't speak a word of German!) If ever in Vienna during the summer that concert is a MUST SEE!
    Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you had a great time. Looking forward myself to seeing the beautiful land of Europe.

Gonna look up the Vienna concert.

Quote Originally Posted by 530inv View Post
    It was great hearing from you today Mike. Really happy to hear you are just about settled in. I know you must miss your whole garage detailing setup but the Nurburgring and the Autobahn really isn't a bad trade-off. I am surely waiting for the pics and videos of your journeys is Germany.

A tune to remove the govenor huh?? BOUT TIME!!
    Sure thing buddy. I have the phone and internet setup now and in my home phone I can call to the U.S. unlimited just as I was there.

I think its a fair trade. I may be without a garage but I can live with that. It's only temporary. I could also live on the economy but that can be a little expensive and trying to find a decent garage was a bit of a pain. Decided to stay on base so I don't have to worry about anything and it's much more convenient. The base is in the farm land and there isn't much around it. Not to mention it's pretty hilly and my BMW will plow snow when the time comes. You know how it is, the base is usually plowed pretty well.

Have you seen the new COBB unit? COBB FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by zmanjohn View Post
    Mike,
    Glad that you settling in... As stated many times, bring it on. I have done much work with our sister company and tooling shops in Germany, but have never gotten the chance to visit. I would also love to visit the Mercedes plant, I made a great many parts for the Mercedes vehicles.
    Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Thank you Bill! Count on it! Gonna visit as many plants and museums as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Glad everything is going good for you MIKE, thanks for your advise the other day, and thanks for what your doing for me and my family, you have all my respect! god bless you my friend.
    Thank you Kyle. No problem buddy. Anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

The Porsche museum in Stuttgart looks absolutely phenomenal as well. Good to hear you're getting all settled in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    The Porsche museum in Stuttgart looks absolutely phenomenal as well. Good to hear you're getting all settled in!
    Thanks Eric. I plan on the Porsche museum as well. Can't wait to see what this country has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

So, how does it feel to drive on Autobahn with NO SPEED LIMIT? No Priuses there, I bet...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    So, how does it feel to drive on Autobahn with NO SPEED LIMIT? No Priuses there, I bet...
    Lol. Havent driven it myself but have rode as a passenger in various un-impressive econoboxes.

Only prius's here are the ones driven by Americans. As long as they stay in the slow lane....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Thanks Eric. I plan on the Porsche museum as well. Can't wait to see what this country has to offer.
    If you get a chance, go to BMW Berlin. If I recall, the dealership has a restaurant/cafe in it. Really nice place.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ike glad you starting to get settled in over there thats great news to hear.

Im looking forward to seeing all you travels and adventures while your there.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast