autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting partially settled into Germany

Congrats on getting settled in

Bring on the > !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Congrats on getting settled in

Bring on the > !!!
    Sure thing Flash.

Post Thanks / Like

Ich Liebe Deutchland!! Working for a German company has afforded my family and I the opportunity to visit several times over the last few years. I have made good friends in southern germany, and have hosted them here in the States. Driving the autobahn is nothing short of breathtaking. I was in a line of cars at 220KM and it was incredible from Ulm to Munich it was a rush...the level of trust is amazing...things happen very quickly, and you must keep checking the rearview mirror, because someone is always going faster. It is a shock to be going that fast, and have someone pass you and your car shakes side to side as they drive past...amazing feeling, what an adrenaline rush. I was trying to push my accelerator through the floor, but the 6 speed had no more to give...good times. Schoenen tag noch!! Tschuesss

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are settled in and everything is going good. Can't wait to see some pictures of it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to shaing your journey and getting ideas for my own trip over there next summer to visit my son who is being stationed at Ramstein in February. So anything you can share or send back would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

You did say that your door is open and we can come visit, right! J/K

Glad to see you are settling in. I would love a virtual tour of the BMW factory. Seen it on TV and want to go visit one day.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottdevine View Post
    Ich Liebe Deutchland!! Working for a German company has afforded my family and I the opportunity to visit several times over the last few years. I have made good friends in southern germany, and have hosted them here in the States. Driving the autobahn is nothing short of breathtaking. I was in a line of cars at 220KM and it was incredible from Ulm to Munich it was a rush...the level of trust is amazing...things happen very quickly, and you must keep checking the rearview mirror, because someone is always going faster. It is a shock to be going that fast, and have someone pass you and your car shakes side to side as they drive past...amazing feeling, what an adrenaline rush. I was trying to push my accelerator through the floor, but the 6 speed had no more to give...good times. Schoenen tag noch!! Tschuesss
    Very cool! I know the feeling. I was here at Ramstein from 05-08 and purchased my BMW then. I have hit 250 clicks or 150 mph last time I was here. That's when my governor stops me. Funny thing is I can set the cruise control at that speed and it will maintain it no questions asked. Ask me how I know

Plan on a tune that removes the governor come summer next year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Guy View Post
    Glad you are settled in and everything is going good. Can't wait to see some pictures of it all.
    Thanks Chris. You can count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    Looking forward to shaing your journey and getting ideas for my own trip over there next summer to visit my son who is being stationed at Ramstein in February. So anything you can share or send back would be greatly appreciated.
    Very cool. I'm an hour up the Autobahn depending on how fast I drive.

Hmmm. Will get back with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    You did say that your door is open and we can come visit, right! J/K

Glad to see you are settling in. I would love a virtual tour of the BMW factory. Seen it on TV and want to go visit one day.
    I sure did Claude. Let me know when your ready. Lol

Plan on seeing a tour of BMW world. As well as other companies.

Post Thanks / Like

subscribed to see the updates on pictures and your journey in Germany.

when you say "started work", what are you doing over there?

also, you should order a polisher asap so you don't have rusty polishing skills, I have always enjoyed your threads of your work and the wonderful pictures that follow

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you are getting settled in! I am mostly German but the closest I get to Germany is St Louis Strassenfest. LOL Anyway good luck in your new place.
    Alby

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Bet it'll be more fun this time around Mike.

Longest I've been there is 15 days back in 06 with my daughters senior high German class. There was only 6 of us (with some other small groups) and we drove all over, in and out day after day from middle and southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland even Lichtenstein. Not much we didn't see.

That was the last time I was able to do any decent amount of walking. These days it's the mailbox and that's about it.

We actually were in Vienna at Schönbrunn Palace during the day and found they were having the free Vienna philharmonic concert that night. We hopped on the wonderful public transportation in the city that evening and went back to attend. What an AMAZING time that was! (Except for the part where I ended up separated from my daughter and the group for 45 minutes, 3000 miles from home, and don't speak a word of German!) If ever in Vienna during the summer that concert is a MUST SEE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast