autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

"New" Adam's Polisher

Did anyone see Adams dumped the PC and is now pushing the "Adams" Cyclo, complete with a red Adams handle. The funny thing is I was watching a video on their site where they say "if you have a dark colored car, you want to stay away from a PC". Really? Isn't a Cyclo doing the same exact thing a PC is doing, but with 4" pads x 2 ?

I just thought it was funny and had to mention it someplace. Where was that "PC caution" when they where selling it for X # of years? How does that even begin to make sense when tons of detailer have been using a PC type DA polisher for years to finish with on all types of paints with great success?

They say the dumped it because its "Made in China" which goes against their buisness practices. But then go on to push the Flex 3401, which is made in Germany, in the SAME video - but gloss right over that. They don't want to lose jobs to Chinese people, but are OK loosing them to Germans?

I encourage you all to watch the videos and form your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "New" Adam's Polisher

While they support the USA when possible, they will support companies who pay fair living wages and provide safe working environments. Looks like you are forming conclusions without knowing all of the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    They say the dumped it because its "Made in China" which goes against their buisness practices. But then go on to push the Flex 3401, which is made in Germany, in the SAME video - but gloss right over that. They don't want to lose jobs to Chinese people, but are OK loosing them to Germans?
    Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    While they support the USA when possible, they will support companies who pay fair living wages and provide safe working environments. Looks like you are forming conclusions without knowing all of the information.
    Well, someone for sure doesn't have all the information, because unless something has changed the PC is made in Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like

didnt know this. but this makes me want to purchase more Adams products. any company that stands behind that has my business. now i wonder where there bottles are made lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wompasaurus View Post
    didnt know this. but this makes me want to purchase more Adams products. any company that stands behind that has my business. now i wonder where there bottles are made lol
    USA. Their towels are all Korean and I believe the clay is Japan while the Flex is of course German.

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to marketing-hype:
    Is Adam's the "new" Chemicals Guy's?

(I guess: Why not...I've heard that their products'-reviews/"testimonials" are Gestapo'd similarly.)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

USA. Their towels are all Korean and I believe the clay is Japan while the Flex is of course German.
    If what you are saying is true..they support Korea and Japan, but not China

Post Thanks / Like

In Adam's defense, he does say that the Flex is "Made in Germany" (at 5:17 of the video). In fact, he says that because it is made in Germany it is made with incredible precision. He says, that they are just a quality tool. The best.

I've never used Adam's Polishes and have nothing against him, or his company. In fact, I rather like that they push "Made in the USA". Really more for someone who is brand new to using car care products, however I think many on the forum have had great success with many of their products.

As Swanic said,
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I encourage you all to watch the videos and form your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If what you are saying is true..they support Korea and Japan, but not China
    Yes, as long as the manufacturer provides a fair wage and safe working conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as long as the manufacturer provides a fair wage and safe working conditions.
    So, how do you know that as a consumer?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast