autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "New" Adam's Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    They did say in one video the PC pad only orbits, doesn't spin and they did say you should stay away from a PC if you have a dark car. I do not know the exact quote, and am not watching those videos again, but that's the gist of it. Both are pieces of misinformation. I've also seen in past videos them demoing the PC (when they sold it) showing proper technique is the pad not spinning - just jiggling.
    There is so much misinformation in your post it is unbelievable. Yes, they were saying the PC does not have forced rotation. Yes, they said if you are a beginner it is difficult to get a perfect finish (100% correction) with the PC, and they show the pad spin in every one of their videos. In fact, they even show marking the pad with a Sharpie so you can see it spin.

You are simply selectively taking their quotes out of context to make it sound like Adam's is the worst company in the world and cannot be trusted which is simply not true.

Post Thanks / Like

"New" Adam's Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    There is so much misinformation in your post it is unbelievable. Yes, they were saying the PC does not have forced rotation. Yes, they said if you are a beginner it is difficult to get a perfect finish (100% correction) with the PC, and they show the pad spin in every one of their videos. In fact, they even show marking the pad with a Sharpie so you can see it spin.

You are simply selectively taking their quotes out of context to make it sound like Adam's is the worst company in the world and cannot be trusted which is simply not true.
    This is silly. The video is on their website under the "Adam's" Cyclo. Did you watch it? Anyone can watch it and see what it says. Nothing is taken out of context. Everyone can watch the video themselves and make up their own mind. I'm sure many have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    I agree with you to a point, but historically speaking Chinese made tools simply don't last. The chinese are the absolute kings of cutting every corner they can to increase profit margin.
    And there are plenty of American companies encouraging it and ready to buy what they make. It is actually the American resellers that mark it up dramatically.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I watched their last 4 video series featuring the PC, and not once did they say the backing plate shouldn't spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by varga740 View Post
    They don't instruct that. They suggest drawing a line with a marker to make sure it keeps moving like everyone else does.
    Adam's Polishes

REMOVING SWIRL MARKS

Removing swirl marks is a slow and time consuming process and follows the claying step. You will need a random orbital polisher. I use the Porter Cable, Adams Haze and Swirl Remover, an orange buffer pad and lots of patience. Adam’s Swirl and Haze Remover Car Polish is formulated for use with professional grade dual-action car polishers like the Porter Cable 7424 XP. Dual action car polishers operate at very high speeds ( some over 6,000 oscillations per minute), but the pad throw is very short.

Set the random orbital to 5 or 6 thousand OPM’S using the Orange Adam’s Buffing pad. Prior to applying Swirl and Haze Remover mist the orange pad with a shot of Detail Spray. Using Adam’s Swirl and Haze Remover apply a small amount to the orange Swirl Killer Foam Pad. You can apply the Swirl and Haze Remover to the car or the pad. Put the pad on the surface of the car BEFORE turning on the random orbital to keep the product from flying all over your garage.

Do a small section, about 2’ by 2’, at a time. Put a line on the backing plate using a Magic Marker. Use just enough pressure to stop the backing plate and pad from rotating.

Go north south and east west. Swirl marks don’t follow a pattern.

Use a minimal amount of pressure to start with and go more aggressive only if necessary. Move the pads slowly over the surface. I move the pad about an inch per second.

Check your results by removing the Adams Swirl and Haze Remover with an Adam’s Microfiber Towel. It does not need to dry. Remove it immediately and inspect your work.

Repeat the process IF NECESSARY using slightly more pressure.

Move on to the next section until you’ve done the complete car.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe a lot of people are having a problem with Adam stating if you have a dark colored car stay away from the PC as you won't be able to polish it to perfection. He also says you can only do a panel or two at a time or it will vibrate the hands off your wrists.

I don’t believe there were any disclaimers warning customers of potential issues with dark colored vehicles or excess vibration when they purchased the PC7424.

I believe a lot of people on this forum have polished dark colored cars to perfection and have the ability to polish more than two panels at one time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    This is silly. The video is on their website under the "Adam's" Cyclo. Did you watch it? Anyone can watch it and see what it says. Nothing is taken out of context. Everyone can watch the video themselves and make up their own mind. I'm sure many have.
    Yes, I have watched them all. They are not saying what you are saying. As I said above, the PC does only orbit (no forced rotation), but does spin as a result of the motion as demonstrated in the video series. They do say for a beginner it is hard to get 100% correction with a PC (and that is why they made the dark paint comment). They never said it can't be used on dark paint and they then go onto to show it correcting a black car. My question is, did you watch the videos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
    Adam's Polishes

Do a small section, about 2’ by 2’, at a time. Put a line on the backing plate using a Magic Marker. Use just enough pressure to stop the backing plate and pad from rotating.

Maybe their instructions have changed, but when I was looking at their products and videos that is what was being instructed.
    That is not their official site. I have never seen a video or instructions by them that said to stop rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mitchell View Post
    I believe a lot of people are having a problem with Adam stating if you have a dark colored car stay away from the PC as you won't be able to polish it to perfection. He also says you can only do a panel or two at a time or it will vibrate the hands off your wrists.

I don’t believe there were any disclaimers warning customers of potential issues with dark colored vehicles or excess vibration when they purchased the PC7424.

I believe a lot of people on this forum have polished dark colored cars to perfection and have the ability to polish more than two panels at one time.
    They always pushed the Flex as being better and being able to achieve better correction faster and in their Vol 7 videos they only recommend speed 5 for the PC as the vibrations are lower.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have watched them all. They are not saying what you are saying. As I said above, the PC does only orbit (no forced rotation), but does spin as a result of the motion as demonstrated in the video series. They do say for a beginner it is hard to get 100% correction with a PC (and that is why they made the dark paint comment). They never said it can't be used on dark paint and they then go onto to show it correcting a black car. My question is, did you watch the videos?

That is not their official site. I have never seen a video or instructions by them that said to stop rotation.
    My bad, but I found the video and AG thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-thoughts.html

I just confirmed with my friend who attended this clinic and who's car I detailed yesterday (2014 Mustang GT California Special) that those were the instructions.

I attended this years Adams Detail Clinic with the same friend @ Detailers Domain.

Post Thanks / Like

I only watched the first video: in that one he clearly states that the PC does not rotate, only oscillates (he is not talking about forced rotation). This is plain wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    And there are plenty of American companies encouraging it and ready to buy what they make. It is actually the American resellers that mark it up dramatically.
    Agreed, but that doesn't change my experience with Chinese made tools, hand or electric. They just don't last. In all fairness to China, I had a Flex PE14 die on the second use. Go figure.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast