autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "New" Adam's Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    No. They actually have a PC 7424 XP there in the video and in their hands when they are talking about it. There is no confusion.
    Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that curiosity up for me
    Street/Racing Concepts
    '02 Mercedes SLK32 AMG, '05 Mercedes SL65 AMG, '02 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2- All Silver!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a funny post regarding Adams. my pc7424xp is built in Mexico........nobody cares but the second it says made in China its the end of the world. heck my dewalt 849 is built in China and I never had a single issue with it so to me, Adams is trying to promote the Cyclops that's all. like the saying goes if it's not broken don't fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSam View Post
    this is a funny post regarding Adams. my pc7424xp is built in Mexico........nobody cares but the second it says made in China its the end of the world. heck my dewalt 849 is built in China and I never had a single issue with it so to me, Adams is trying to promote the Cyclops that's all. like the saying goes if it's not broken don't fix it.
    I don't mind/blame them for promoting their new polisher, just don't start telling a bunch of lies or else be prepared to be called out

I get sick of reading this garbage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbabz71 View Post

I was at a car event where they were part of. I had this nice bird crap etch on my hood. I had them take a look at this and they actually recommended a product that was not theirs.

Ryan
    Recommending someone try vinegar or a magic eraser doesn't count you know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    I find it funny that a company who has no affiliation with AG, and for all intents and purposes 'could' be considered a 'competitor' , is being discussed on this forum. Love them or hate them, you're giving them free exposure.

For the record, Porter Cable has now shifted production of the PC to China. Sad, but true. Only time will tell how this shift will affect the quality of the polisher.
    Is it just me or do these guys seem to not know what they are talking about? They make statements that I find hard to believe. Forget the China vs. Mexico debate. They just seem clueless. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares where products or tools come from as long as they are good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Is it just me or do these guys seem to not know what they are talking about? They make statements that I find hard to believe. Forget the China vs. Mexico debate. They just seem clueless. IMHO
    Your guess is as good as mine. I understand their position on the China thing, but I can't understand how the PC went from being the cornerstone of their busieness to being completely cast out. IMHO, it would have been more responsible for them to just say we are no longer offering the PC due to the current manufacturing location, but the Cyclo is now our non-forced rotation DA option. By commenting on the finishing ability of the PC, with blatantly incorrect information tends to open the door to more widespread doubt in their other messages. We all know the value of a PC and the fact that it can correct a vehicle to a show car finish, which was their position at one point too. Why they have changed their tune is beyond me.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine. I understand their position on the China thing, but I can't understand how the PC went from being the cornerstone of their busieness to being completely cast out. IMHO, it would have been more responsible for them to just say we are no longer offering the PC due to the current manufacturing location, but the Cyclo is now our non-forced rotation DA option. By commenting on the finishing ability of the PC, with blatantly incorrect information tends to open the door to more widespread doubt in their other messages. We all know the value of a PC and the fact that it can correct a vehicle to a show car finish, which was their position at one point too. Why they have changed their tune is beyond me.
    I just have difficulty with their statements. I own each of the machines they show including that dreaded Flex rotary that is only used if you just painted your car or you are a professional. Now, I have been using the Cyclo with brushes but about to change to using the PC with a brush and put the Cyclo back to polishing paint. But, it has more to do with the best function for the equipment, not the Country of origin. As far as I am concerned, all of my equipment came from Stuart, Florida USA. How and where Max got it matters not to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    But, it has more to do with the best function for the equipment, not the Country of origin. As far as I am concerned, all of my equipment came from Stuart, Florida USA. How and where Max got it matters not to me.
    I agree with you to a point, but historically speaking Chinese made tools simply don't last. The chinese are the absolute kings of cutting every corner they can to increase profit margin. What will that mean for the PC, we'll have to wait and see. I personally have never had much luck with Chinese built tools.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

I have used their products including my PC 7424xp that I purchased from them some years back. Adams is over priced and as I have said in the past when the junkman went so did I, way to many homers on their forums it's all hype, I am all about made in the U.S.A. That's a good thing for sure. And yes I use chemical guys product for the most part. As far as the polisher I have never used one but I don't think I would give up my porter cable, I also have a flex which I bought from adams.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast