autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Werkstatt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dog
    Carnauba Jett is a SOWO product....one section at a time ( typical car hood would be four sections)....what method did you use? This is the product that we use on mobile detail of bikes as a LSP. It is always in sunlight and heat(spring and summer) It has never attempted to dry using SOWO.

I prefer the WOWO method with most carnuabas unless specifically directed to allow to dry and haze. The problem with Carnuaba Jett is that is cured almost immediately. It reacted very badly to the heat and humidity index in South Florida. I literally had to rewash the car to remove. Clearly nowhere as easy to use as Souveran and 1/2 dozen other carnuaba based products.

---Moved to Off-Topic --- not related to New Product Offerings from PBMA
    Last edited by ScottB; 05-31-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point Killrwheels. I applied Souveran over the AJ and the look is great. I'm going to try Natty's Blue next. Have some AJ Trigger on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you compare AJ vs AJT? I'm a big AJT fan, but I think AJ will last and protect more than AJT, because otherwise Jeff will only sell AJT. I was thinking about putting the first or 2 first coats of AJ and after it use AJT to put more coats. What do you think about that?
    Does anybody know if AJ and AJT have nanotechnology? And... AJ and Carlack68 Nano are the same product?
    Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maesal
    Could you compare AJ vs AJT? I'm a big AJT fan, but I think AJ will last and protect more than AJT, because otherwise Jeff will only sell AJT. I was thinking about putting the first or 2 first coats of AJ and after it use AJT to put more coats. What do you think about that?
    Does anybody know if AJ and AJT have nanotechnology? And... AJ and Carlack68 Nano are the same product?
    Thanks !!
    first nanotechnology is basically marketing hype ... just like the ole Teflon in wax and such. Nobody to date has provided concrete proof that any protection works better than another. So tread lightly ...

As for AJ, it comes with a spray top also. Thats the only way I used it. Still finicky like Klasse SG but better gloss. I dont know if Trigger is lightened in anyway like a Spray Sealant versus liquid sealant, but using anything on a routine basis is likely to give the same results and protection.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing you may not see any Werkstatt products at all. Another vendor mentioned on another site that he tried to get Werkstatt line, but he is not going through other vendors at this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    first nanotechnology is basically marketing hype ... just like the ole Teflon in wax and such. Nobody to date has provided concrete proof that any protection works better than another. So tread lightly ...

As for AJ, it comes with a spray top also. Thats the only way I used it. Still finicky like Klasse SG but better gloss. I dont know if Trigger is lightened in anyway like a Spray Sealant versus liquid sealant, but using anything on a routine basis is likely to give the same results and protection.
    Thanks for the comments. I used Klasse SG and I liked. Then used AJT and amazed. I'm liking acrylic after years of carnauba fan. I didn't notice that AJ comes with spray.
    Thanks killr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maesal
    Thanks for the comments. I used Klasse SG and I liked. Then used AJT and amazed. I'm liking acrylic after years of carnauba fan. I didn't notice that AJ comes with spray.
    Thanks killr.
    I'm also a big fan of acrylic spray-QDs over carnauba on my daily driver... thus far I've used Menzerna's HGAS and AJT, and to be honest I much prefer HGAS. HGAS, for me, is easier to apply and has not streaked at all, whereas AJT seems thicker and streaks like mad no matter how light I put it on.

Edited: I have found that after applying AJT and it streaking going over it again with Jeffs Acrylic Glos helps a ton in reducing the streaking and boosting the gloss. Maybe I am just applying too much AJT. Hmmm...

Regardless, the look I get with acrylic over WG or BF on my dark royal blue metallic is to die for.
    Last edited by JeffW; 10-26-2006 at 07:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW
    I'm also a big fan of acrylic spray-QDs over carnauba on my daily driver... thus far I've used Menzerna's HGAS and AJT, and to be honest I much prefer HGAS. HGAS, for me, is easier to apply and has not streaked at all, whereas AJT seems thicker and streaks like mad no matter how light I put it on.

Edited: I have found that after applying AJT and it streaking going over it again with Jeffs Acrylic Glos helps a ton in reducing the streaking and boosting the gloss. Maybe I am just applying too much AJT. Hmmm...

Regardless, the look I get with acrylic over WG or BF on my dark royal blue metallic is to die for.
    I've never tried HGAS, will it protect as AJT and last like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    What are AJ and AJT, please?

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ= Acrylic Jett; AJT= Acrylic Jett Trigger (spray).

JeffW: Menzernas HGAS (High Gloss Acrylic Shield) is a QD whereas AJT is a standalone sealant.

I would not apply AJT over a carnauba (it is not QD)....smearing and lack of proper bonding are likely. Now Maxwax, Natty's or Souveran over AJT rocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast