autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Time to take action against Yelp

It's time to help small businesses fight back against a bully who's only goal is to hold our positive reviews which we work so hard to get, hostage. Not only our professional detailing brothers, but any small business being taken advantage of by Yelp.

This practice needs to be stopped, do to the fact it's been proven the policy of Yelp only hurts small business, which in turn hurts their employees, there community when they are eventually driven into the ground which in my opinion is completely unacceptable.

A simple Google search shows countless examples of these practices. So it's time to help small business america fight back by signing this petition and by spreading the message along so that the US Government will take notice and investigate and set policy in place against companies like this.

Now I know some will say that it's pointless, things won't change, etc... but you'll never know unless you try. So I ask that you try just by E-signing this petition and spread the word. Who knows, maybe this petition will get the attention of the media and they may be able to help where the government can't or wont. Thanks

William Castro - Owner/Operator/Enthusiast - Serving Northeast MA & Southeast NH

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to take action against Yelp

I have never had a problem with Yelp. I once advertised with them but no longer do. Nothing changed how they treated my account before or after. I use Yelp a lot. I write reviews and check reviews before I spend my money somewhere. Negative reviews I have written 4 years ago are still displayed. What proof is there to your claims?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have never had issues with Yelp either, my sister has a small businness and never had to pay anything in fact if it wasn't for yelp my sisters business would have never taken off the way it did! Whats the exact problem, how are they hurting small business?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Yelp just beat another law suit again Here is my thread on yelp.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...0051-yelp.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I have written positive reviews and had them removed by yelp. I asked the business that I reviewed about it later and they said they didn't pay for yelp advertising. There have been several suits against yelp over removal of reviews; one major one was ultimately dismissed, but there are others pending with unflattering facts about yelp coming out. Google around, but focus more on articles from major business news sources such as Forbes, etc, rather than angry rants from bloggers.