autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carerra GT sighting----thought I'd share.

I was coming home from work yesterday and noticed there was a VERY low profile car behind me with a VERY wide stance and I was like "what the heck is that"? Well, I slowed down and this is what pulled up next to me! This is the exact car:

My area is not know for having very many (if any) supercars, so needless to say I was freakin' out. I had my new Canon Rebel XT with me but I couldn't get it quick enough to snap a pic. This one is $440,000(I think)
    Last edited by dengood1; 02-25-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is one nice car. How do you like the Cannon Rebel XT?

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    That is one nice car. How do you like the Cannon Rebel XT?
    Just learning how to use it, just got it last week. Not much of a photographer, but my wife and I want to learn. We just got a couple of books on "how to" Lots to learn:-)

Reddwarf----check your emails.....sent you an email yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of FL are you from? Cause their all over down here, mothers friend has a black one. I didn't care for it at first (looks wise), but driving it, what a car, the feel, the sound etc. Clutch is not bad at all so don't know why so many people had issues with it saying it's undriveable, little more senstive then normal clutches that's all. When we went up to Sebring a few times to race he brought his CGT out to play, very quick on that track . Dealer down here, Champion, one of the techs had one out for "testing" (probably joy riding) awhile ago, spun of 95' into a ditch, ouch, sure that client wasn't happy.
    Last edited by Surfer; 02-25-2007 at 10:14 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    What part of FL are you from? Cause their all over down here, mothers friend has a black one. I didn't care for it at first (looks wise), but driving it, what a car, the feel, the sound etc. Clutch is not bad at all so don't know why so many people had issues with it saying it's undriveable, little more senstive then normal clutches that's all. When we went up to Sebring a few times to race he brought his CGT out to play, very quick on that track
    People have $450,000+ cars all over down there? Jeez... Too "rich" of an area for my blood

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    People have $450,000+ cars all over down there? Jeez... Too "rich" of an area for my blood
    One thing he told me, the clutch, if it goes bad/you break it etc out of warrenty, 50K+ to replace. Its a ceramic composite clutch.

Do live in South ir North FL?
    Last edited by Surfer; 02-25-2007 at 10:20 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine who deals in exotics cars has a new 2005 silver Carerra GT that has never been titled. He has had it and been trying to sell for over a year now. I took it for short drive about 3 months ago. Orginally he wanted $457,000. I bet he would sell it now for under $440,000. One thing I find hard to believe about the car is the plastic parts on the dash. The whole car is carbon fiber including most of the interior then they put cheap looking plastic on the dash. Also the wood shift nob does go very well in a high tech car. The car has the exact same brembo brakes as my lambo but comes with ceramic brake discs which I really like. I wish Lambo offered them. I see another silver one and a black one around Cape Coral all the time.
    Last edited by Gary Sword; 02-25-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    One thing he told me, the clutch, if it goes bad/you break it etc out of warrenty, 50K+ to replace. Its a ceramic composite clutch.

Do live in South ir North FL?
    60 miles north of Tampa

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be detailing one this upcoming weekend. Its black and I can't tell you how excited I am to do it. Its and incredible car.

The whole car is carbon fiber and it has cermaic brake disks which means "0" dust.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    I will be detailing one this upcoming weekend. Its black and I can't tell you how excited I am to do it. Its and incredible car.

The whole car is carbon fiber and it has cermaic brake disks which means "0" dust.
    I believe the dust comes from the pads. The ceramic disks reduce the unsprung weight and brake fade but need to be hot to really work well. I am still perplexed as to why anyone would want them on a street car. Anybody know if they need to be replaced when the pads are?
    Does not mean I would not take the car, very 907 ish look.
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast