autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $10.00 hand car wash/detailers

Quote Originally Posted by glisten View Post
    So much absurdity in this thread. It's as if basic morality and the value of human life doesn't exist to some people.

So $10 washes aside, how about $85-200 "buffing" jobs? Apply the same principals and critiques of the $10 wash to that and you see the same issues...yet my market is full of them! It's hard to imagine true paint correction at <$20/hr rate.

Basic point: ignore the undercuts. Undercut to build clients but be sure to do great work. Once you've got a reputation, start raising your prices- maybe as high as 25% per quarter. Eventually you'll start to find your market cap, at which case stop. I feel so many people forget to do this in this industry- they undercut and then stay there. It hurts you and everyone else out there!
    In the end, it all maxes out between $1k-$3k depending on your market.
    I completely understand what you are saying,but the majority of potential client will only pay out max 150 to 200 for a detail,then you get the minor influx of people who want a 3 step so it's sink or swim in this industry but a lot has to do with the demographic locations as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have something similar to this around me....I'm just starting out doing this and have only 2 jobs under my belt, both being simple wash, clay and wax with a basic Interior run down....I charged each $60 and each job took me roughly 3 hours to do, so $20 a hour....I had the customers (who were my wife's co workers) leave the cars with me at my house while I did the work....they were both extremely happy and said I will be maintaining the cars for them from now on.

I'm trying to branch out to the car community more since I'm having into it myself, and I see PLENTY of cars that are in desperate need of a good REAL detail....BUT there's a guy out there that's pretty established with quite a few car ppl that's doing wash and wax jobs for $40 (no clay/decon) and also wash/wax AND polish jobs for $50 with just running a rotary over the car.... I haven't seen his work in person, but from some pics it doesn't look all that good
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

I know you're starting out,but for 50 dollars you are extremely low anybody can wash and clay a car with 1 hr of training stray away from 50 and at least get 90.00, it's labor intensive work.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: $10.00 hand car wash/detailers

Quote Originally Posted by SeanChav View Post
    I have something similar to this around me....I'm just starting out doing this and have only 2 jobs under my belt, both being simple wash, clay and wax with a basic Interior run down....I charged each $60 and each job took me roughly 3 hours to do, so $20 a hour....I had the customers (who were my wife's co workers) leave the cars with me at my house while I did the work....they were both extremely happy and said I will be maintaining the cars for them from now on.

I'm trying to branch out to the car community more since I'm having into it myself, and I see PLENTY of cars that are in desperate need of a good REAL detail....BUT there's a guy out there that's pretty established with quite a few car ppl that's doing wash and wax jobs for $40 (no clay/decon) and also wash/wax AND polish jobs for $50 with just running a rotary over the car.... I haven't seen his work in person, but from some pics it doesn't look all that good
    He is a crackhead ruining the industry with prices like that,and it's sad because the average customer deosnt know better so yes he will stay busy with those prices its ashame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    He is a crackhead ruining the industry with prices like that,and it's sad because the average customer deosnt know better so yes he will stay busy with those prices its ashame.
    yea the ppl who's cars he's working on just want a shiny car with tire shine to go to the show/meet in....and he looks like he stays busy from posts I see on Instagram frequently.... well see if I can get my name out there and get some cars looking really good
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatguy View Post
    local detailer in my small town charges $10 for a basic wash $25 for a basic wash & interior wipe down! He has done my truck many times, & does an awesome job may i add! He does cars for pretty much everyone in our town and does actual "detail" jobs but i believe a majority of his business is the basic $25 wash & wipe down. It is part time and he has a really good full time job though.
    nice truck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    How does one make money on a ten dollar wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How does one make money at all on washes even at 35 a wash need to do a ton everyday and minus your expenses and labor your left worn out and broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    nice truck

Appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

If my neighbors would let me use their water and all they only wanted was a wash and dry i would wash every car in the neighborhood for $10 each . The problem is the customer would want a full exterior detail plus wax and tires dressed for $10. They would not be happy with just the wash and dry for $10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    If my neighbors would let me use their water and all they only wanted was a wash and dry i would wash every car in the neighborhood for $10 each . The problem is the customer would want a full exterior detail plus wax and tires dressed for $10. They would not be happy with just the wash and dry for $10
    Of course not,there trying to take advantage of you,I'm not being mean but you your self created that promblem.To stay in the game and feed yourself or family I would abort that service for so little money and start all over again it's gonna suck but it will payoff from a year or two from now best of luck.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast