autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, I've heard more then a few bad things about Flowmasters now.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm partial to the Borla/ Ford Racing set up I have on my mustang.
    http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...10291/FRPP.WMV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Detailer
    Ok ok... heres my options now.

JBA (costs less, and i've heard good reviews
    Borla (Pricey but Mopar endorsed)
    Magnaflow (haven't heard good or bad.)

Help me out.
    Out of those, Magnaflow. Buddy had a custom setup on his Hemi Ram before he got a Cummins. Also heard 300C SRT-8 with a custom Magnaflow setup, sounded very badass

Keep CGS in mind, I loved the sound on my 03' Mountaineer, need to have another system made for my 00' to hear that ripping V8 lol. CGS sounded awsome on a Hemi Ram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mingraygt
    I say get whatever you want! Not what someone else wants you to get.
    Ryan
    BEST ADVICE.

Go hear some friends cars, and check them out in person. Get to a car show and they will be more than happy to rev up, and some will even take you for a ride.

My vote is still for Corsa, based upon two vettes and past warranty need. Jim Browning went more than an extra mile for me, and my friend with the SRT8 loves the sound of my toy. (Halltech Intake, Corsa Xpipe, Corsa Sports)

Post Thanks / Like
    The Corsa's sound sweet! But for the price thats alot of jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mingraygt
    The Corsa's sound sweet! But for the price thats alot of jack.
    When Corsa's xpipe did not fit in my C5, Jim Browning (owner) personally offered overnight to the installer of a new xpipe (I wont tell you what it cost to overnight this large piece) AND he paid for the 1st install on his credit card. He's got my business for life. You cannot pay enough for good customer service and the knowledge that when something goes wrong, they will be around to make things right. Lifetime warranty, nice sounds, and searching the net will find some nice discounts.

I also got a story about a 1/2 price B&B exhaust straight from the factory. Lets say they lied ! Shortsighted IMO , but clearly more indicitive of exhaust manufacturers. Move em out !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I also got a story about a 1/2 price B&B exhaust straight from the factory. Lets say they lied ! Shortsighted IMO , but clearly more indicitive of exhaust manufacturers. Move em out !!
    Good ol' B&B, we had their exhaust on a Porsche since it was fairly loud. Muffler ended up falling apart/cracking inside, was driving us crazy trying to figure out what the hell was rattling/making metallic noises. This was years ago, but apparently other P-car guys had the same thing happen.

Corsa sounds very good, not throaty loud, but more of a nice and deep performance sound durring normal driving/acceleration and getting louder at full throttle. Their worth the money, very high quality. Only reason the kid back at college who switched to CGS from his Corsa on his Escalade after hearing my truck, was b/c he wanted something louder and more aggressive. Whereas the Flows just seem to be loud at all rpms and sound tinny IMO. Only thing I don't like Corsa on is Vipers, makes them sound ricey b/c of the firing order. Want a mean ass sound on the snake, go LT Headers, no cats, x-pipe and Borlas

Killrwheels, all financial guys need a head/cam package on LS2's, it's mandatory
    Last edited by Surfer; 04-25-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Killrwheels, all financial guys need a head/cam package on LS2's, it's mandatory

Trust me , I am resisting the urge. Got LG Longtubes and LS2Edit waiting, and watching the guys on the corvetteforum trouncing on the new Z06 pricing with similar HP for several thousand dollars with a nice lumpy cam and some free breathing heads. (I shoulda bought oil futures)
    Last edited by ScottB; 04-26-2006 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Trust me , I am resisting the urge. Got LG Longtubes and LS2Edit waiting, and watching the guys on the corvetteforum trouncing on the new Z06 pricing with similar HP for several thousand dollars with a nice lumpy cam and some free breathing heads. (I shoulda bought oil futures)
    Hell, what about LG Headers, and cam swap on the LS7, now that is sick n/a numbers . Though I'm a "Viper" guy, the Z with just those two mods, just wow! Didn't LG (or maybe it was somebody else) just get over 600 rwhp with a cam swap, headers, and I think worked heads? Heard that somewhere.

Matt
    I've had a few systems myself, and I would recommend against Flowmaster. If you want a smooth mellow sounding tone at cruise/idle, and a nice screaming roar when you get on it, look into Magnaflow. You can grab them pretty cheap (compared to Borla and Corsa) and the systems are stainless. Depends how much you want to spend though...I bet a Borla or Corsa would sound plain nasty on that thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12