autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

My Ego 650 just pooped out

I was using it on the driveway blowing grass off after cutting and it just stopped. The battery lights up, but nothing happens. I tried my other batteries and got the same results. I shelved it and tried again the next day...same results. I can't remember exactly when I bought it last summer. I think it was late summer, so I'm sure it's still under warranty. Anybody experience this issue with their 650?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Ego 650 just pooped out

Not sure if it happens with an Ego but my Ryobi sometimes you have to take out battery and then slam click it back in place and then it works again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Not sure if it happens with an Ego but my Ryobi sometimes you have to take out battery and then slam click it back in place and then it works again
    I actually did try that, I just didn't want to put "I took out the battery and jammed it back in" in the post. You know how some people are lol. That was the first thing I tried, honestly. At first, I thought it was a shutdown due to obstruction or heat, etc. That's why I put it up and tried again the next day. Now I'm wondering if it's a switch thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing these are brushless motors?

Edit: yes, they are so brushes aren't a possibility

Post Thanks / Like

Call Ego. Mine did the same thing. You should still have warranty, just look at your reciept. They sent me a new battery.

Post Thanks / Like

The battery warranty is 3 years. I registered mine after reading enough comments on the batteries crapping out. Looks like 5 year warranty on the tools themselves.

7. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about these brushless tools - sometimes mechanically everything is sound + the battery.
    But the circuit board that is the brains of it it, sometimes they go bad and sounds like that is what the OP may be

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that in my searches as well. Seems like a lot of them were 650 blowers that had switch board issues. I went back to Lowe's to see if they can pull up my receipt, because I missplaced it somewhere (very odd thing to happen to me, honestly). They could only pull up 6 months back. I looked in the photos app on my iPhone and searched for Ego and found them lol. I bought it just shy of a year ago. I'll give Ego a call and get a warranty claim started.

Still happy with my Ego devices, but I have to say I'm a little taken back with this issue. I have friends that toss around their Ego blowers and have never had issues and I baby mine lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I saw that in my searches as well. Seems like a lot of them were 650 blowers that had switch board issues. I went back to Lowe's to see if they can pull up my receipt, because I missplaced it somewhere (very odd thing to happen to me, honestly). They could only pull up 6 months back. I looked in the photos app on my iPhone and searched for Ego and found them lol. I bought it just shy of a year ago. I'll give Ego a call and get a warranty claim started.

Still happy with my Ego devices, but I have to say I'm a little taken back with this issue. I have friends that toss around their Ego blowers and have never had issues and I baby mine lol.
    This^^^ you have to treat it like you could care less, just be 'whatever' with it... it will keep coming back.

11. Likes Azure liked this post