autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WORK PERKS.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WORK PERKS.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

Sick leave is not cashable but does transfer year to year, I have 95 hours / 13 days of sick leave owing.

Holiday leave is cashable on termination, and transfers year to year, I have 417 hours / 57 days of leave owing.

I'm also owed 13 weeks of long service leave, which would be like getting blood from a stone with these people.
    I would use all I could if I were you -- you never know or think that the business could be sold or what ever then those for things that you listed that you have -- the new folks would probably not honor them-- even if it one of their own that inherits / buys it

Learn from my foolish loyalty-- use what's owed to you
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

2. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes opie, PaulMys, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    It's a small family business, I'm one of three non-family employees. I'm expected to work and sacrifice as if it were my business, but I don't get any of the perks that goes with that. I worked all the way through Christmas and New Year, that even included Christmas Day and Boxing Day so that they could spend time with their own families. (Plants don't take holidays and still need to be watered, especially with 100 deg temps this year.) Even though I got paid to do that, it wasn't even acknowledged or thanked.

And they take advantage of me because I'm the loser with no family to go home to, so I must be always available, right? I was also two days into my Covid infection, and I was being hassled about returning to work ASAP, an infection I caught while working for them.

I'm only there for the money, I hate them as much as they hate me, I'm just too intense for them but I get jobs done in half the time at a higher quality than other employees. I'm sure they would love to fire me, but then they know they would have to work harder themselves to replace me. I have found over the years that older men don't like a younger man being better at their jobs than them.

Sorry, venting.
    Just cuz you dont have kids doesnt mean you dont have a life other than work. I gather you are passsionite about the type of work you do, dont let that passion override the need for dbf time Lol

Do like luckydog said...start to use that time that is availible to you. He is right that one day they might just close down. And if that happens id be willing to bet that they will not comensate you for all your time saved up. Being a small company, and especially with no one else to back you(like a union)...you are on the losing end.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also never got paid for not using sick leave. We have unlimited sick leave so I guess that’s seen as nice enough.

I think I only took 2 or 3 sick days during the 22+ years working there.
    Bruno Soares

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, our sick time is a little weird. When you get down to it, it's paid if you use it or not. Guess for whatever reason I just like that lump sum payment in Jan. And if you do pull perfect attendance for the year, you get 1 extra day paid off and a catered dinner on work on a Friday.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

8. Likes Bruno Soares, opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Yea, our sick time is a little weird. When you get down to it, it's paid if you use it or not. Guess for whatever reason I just like that lump sum payment in Jan. And if you do pull perfect attendance for the year, you get 1 extra day paid off and a catered dinner on work on a Friday.
    Nice
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

It never bothered me not getting paid vacation days or sick days...Its just the nature of the trades.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

When I left my last job I had over 49 weeks of unused sick leave. I'd been there 32 years, and we got 2 weeks a year, it accumulated, but you never got paid out for it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    When I left my last job I had over 49 weeks of unused sick leave. I'd been there 32 years, and we got 2 weeks a year, it accumulated, but you never got paid out for it.
    You didn't call out sick for the last 49 weeks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    You didn't call out sick for the last 49 weeks?
    He didnt say that-- he accumulated it over 32 yrs
    Any way -- you sound like thats unusual or not possible. Read post #6 in this thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    He didnt say that-- he accumulated it over 32 yrs
    Any way -- you sound like thats unusual or not possible. Read post #6 in this thread

I understood what he said

15. Likes PaulMys, opie liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast