autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WORK PERKS.

Post Thanks / Like

WORK PERKS.

Well, that time again. 56 hours of unused sick time paid out next week. And been there 15 years, so 4 weeks' vacation this year. 24 hours of personal time. And we were informed a $500 bonus for 2022 will be included in next week's check also. Tax man is going to love that check.

Sick time for 2023 is 56 hours paid and 40 hours not paid. We also have always had all the national holidays off and paid.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes PaulMys, opie, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WORK PERKS.

We don't get paid for not taking sick days. I got my 5th week of vacation this year (20 years) combined with working 19/30 which gets me another 2 weeks off. Gonna be tough to take it all. We also have a vacation block from mid January to mid April.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we never got paid for unused sick time- if we did I would have had a nice little check every year, enjoy the bennies!
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Our sick days do not carry over at my dealership.

So I was surprised to see an extra 40 hours available on this weeks check.

Thinking it was a mistake, I went up to talk with the General Manager.

She told me that she made an exception in my case because "Whenever we ask you to do something, it gets done. And.... you never take any time off anyway."

But that made me feel good.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

What the helll is this paid vacation yinz speak of? Lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I went over 10 CONSECUTIVE years with out being late, calling in sick or missing ANY scheduled OT
    Never got shee-ite for it.
    After those ten I said eff them on the sick time but still was never late in 35 yrs--But I only live 9 minutes away from work
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

9. Likes opie, PaulMys, PA DETAILER, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get 4 weeks off and 5 sick days and 2 paid holidays off as we don’t get any holidays off except Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.

Upset that we use to get 3 paid holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm both employed part time 4 days a week by a company and work for myself the other 3 days.

I hate asking for leave, just an awkward conversation, one that ends up making me feel bad for asking what is owed to me. I have worked there for over 18 years, so I'm also entitled to long-service leave too. I work weekends so the others can have their weekends off, don't have a wife and children to attend to, so I'm never late or have to run the kids somewhere. I have missed out on a lot of things over the years so that I don't inconvenience the boss's, family things, events, car shows, concerts ect. They have cashed in on all of this for a long time now, I'm always the first to be asked to fill in for someone who is taking a day off, they know who is going to give them the most work for the meagre pay. And yet asking for time off is always met with a grunt.

Sick leave is not cashable but does transfer year to year, I have 95 hours / 13 days of sick leave owing.

Holiday leave is cashable on termination, and transfers year to year, I have 417 hours / 57 days of leave owing.

I'm also owed 13 weeks of long service leave, which would be like getting blood from a stone with these people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm both employed part time 4 days a week by a company and work for myself the other 3 days.

I hate asking for leave, just an awkward conversation, one that ends up making me feel bad for asking what is owed to me. I have worked there for over 18 years, so I'm also entitled to long-service leave too. I work weekends so the others can have their weekends off, don't have a wife and children to attend to, so I'm never late or have to run the kids somewhere. I have missed out on a lot of things over the years so that I don't inconvenience the boss's, family things, events, car shows, concerts ect. They have cashed in on all of this for a long time now, I'm always the first to be asked to fill in for someone who is taking a day off, they know who is going to give them the most work for the meagre pay. And yet asking for time off is always met with a grunt.

Sick leave is not cashable but does transfer year to year, I have 95 hours / 13 days of sick leave owing.

Holiday leave is cashable on termination, and transfers year to year, I have 417 hours / 57 days of leave owing.

I'm also owed 13 weeks of long service leave, which would be like getting blood from a stone with these people.
    Dont let them take advantage of ya man. They clearly know that you dont like to say no...so dont be afraid to start to say it.

To have to work every weekend is a punishment.

13. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Dont let them take advantage of ya man. They clearly know that you dont like to say no...so dont be afraid to start to say it.

To have to work every weekend is a punishment.

It's a small family business, I'm one of three non-family employees. I'm expected to work and sacrifice as if it were my business, but I don't get any of the perks that goes with that. I worked all the way through Christmas and New Year, that even included Christmas Day and Boxing Day so that they could spend time with their own families. (Plants don't take holidays and still need to be watered, especially with 100 deg temps this year.) Even though I got paid to do that, it wasn't even acknowledged or thanked.

And they take advantage of me because I'm the loser with no family to go home to, so I must be always available, right? I was also two days into my Covid infection, and I was being hassled about returning to work ASAP, an infection I caught while working for them.

I'm only there for the money, I hate them as much as they hate me, I'm just too intense for them but I get jobs done in half the time at a higher quality than other employees. I'm sure they would love to fire me, but then they know they would have to work harder themselves to replace me. I have found over the years that older men don't like a younger man being better at their jobs than them.

Sorry, venting.

15. Likes PA DETAILER, opie, dgage, Big Dave, bill walsh liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast