autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sad Saturday…

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sad Saturday…

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Do I have to sign a release form?

Not necessary. Only thing that I own is a 24 year old Honda civic. Everything else is in a trust

2. Likes Bosko, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Nah I get it. Maybe he had to work.
    Umm, no. We’re talking about a guy who hasn’t had an actual job in years and basically lives rent free. He hasn’t owned a car in 20yrs. and the work he does do is odd jobs such as plumbing & construction alongside other people when they could use the extra help. But basically he has all the time off in the world and never actually “has” to go to work.

Btw I just realized that the title of this thread may have been a bit much. While I did feel bad about being rejected like that it’s not something that I spent alot of time being unhappy about and I was actually able to sort of laugh about it later last night when I realized that I’ve probably never been turned down for a date with a girl to that extent, because if I had it surely would’ve felt worse than last night.lol.

The reason I picked this title was because I saw another thread with the same title and I almost posted this in there but I didn’t want to completely hijack and change the subject, but at the same time I almost didn’t want to garner so much attention because I simply wanted to get this off my chest real quick.

Regardless, I’m glad I decided to go ahead and make this thread because it ended up getting alot of good replies. You guys are great for that. A highly underrated bunch of people on this forum, that’s for sure. Appreciate it.

4. Likes opie, dlc95, Don M, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

I would have been more appreciative even if I wasn't going

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

Post Thanks / Like

I bet your friend suffers from depression. I would message him again and see if he would like to grab lunch sometime. Let him know how important he is to you.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Depression once happened to someone I knew. He practically withdrew from everything for two weeks but after that he was fine. It can be a nasty thing and how long it lasts varies from person to person.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

9. Likes dlc95, Flash Gordon, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Umm, no. We’re talking about a guy who hasn’t had an actual job in years and basically lives rent free. He hasn’t owned a car in 20yrs. and the work he does do is odd jobs such as plumbing & construction alongside other people when they could use the extra help. But basically he has all the time off in the world and never actually “has” to go to work.

Btw I just realized that the title of this thread may have been a bit much. While I did feel bad about being rejected like that it’s not something that I spent alot of time being unhappy about and I was actually able to sort of laugh about it later last night when I realized that I’ve probably never been turned down for a date with a girl to that extent, because if I had it surely would’ve felt worse than last night.lol.

The reason I picked this title was because I saw another thread with the same title and I almost posted this in there but I didn’t want to completely hijack and change the subject, but at the same time I almost didn’t want to garner so much attention because I simply wanted to get this off my chest real quick.

Regardless, I’m glad I decided to go ahead and make this thread because it ended up getting alot of good replies. You guys are great for that. A highly underrated bunch of people on this forum, that’s for sure. Appreciate it.
    If I'm right, the "Same Name thread" you referred to was mine. Kind of a tongue-in-cheek way of me saying that for the first time ever, I was putting the Camaro up for the winter and was sad, because I wouldn't get to drive it for a few months.

I'm glad you made your own post. Not because it would have 'hijacked' my thread, but because by making your own, you could see just how FRIENDLY and SUPPORTIVE this forum really is. It's actually more like a MILDLY dysfunctional, but otherwise caring family, than an anonymous internet forum.

On this forum, we talk, teach each other, learn from each other and occasionally we will bicker. But when one of us is in need, either regarding detailing, or life, SOMEONE, usually several someones, will step up either in the post itself, or by PM, making sure you are OK & if maybe you just need someone to vent to.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Flash Gordon, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I bet your friend suffers from depression. I would message him again and see if he would like to grab lunch sometime. Let him know how important he is to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Depression once happened to someone I knew. He practically withdrew from everything for two weeks but after that he was fine. It can be a nasty thing and how long it lasts varies from person to person.
    Depression IS nasty. Depending on the person & severity, it can range anywhere from mildly annoying to completely disabling, to even worse.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Life gets in the way of doing things with friends. You have stuff going on and they have different stuff and kids and sports and so on. Gotta learn to roll with. Don't take a no too personally.

15. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Depression IS nasty. Depending on the person & severity, it can range anywhere from mildly annoying to completely disabling, to even worse.
    My wife says I have the annoying version

17. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Man this is such a true statement! You find out who your real friends are with that quote. I bet i could only count on one hand of the actual friends i have...that i could call if i needed a hand in some way that would come help if they were not already committed to something else in some way, and not expect something in return.

Your quote also rings true for family too. For me.. my brothers are this to a T! They will whine that we dont get ahold of them and ask if i even care to have a part in there young kids lives...so i told them the phone works both ways, so its status qoe..see ya at the holidays. I hate when they invite us to the kids birthday parties cuz tgere will be no relationship with the kids cuz their moms and dads are asss holes. They also never get ahold of us either. We used to hang out almost every weekend and had some of the same friends. But they were the ones that pulled away (from the friends too) when they both got together with their now wives. They are self centered, onesided, love drama, both have a gaggle of kids. We are the exact opposite of all those things, so we keep our distance and to ourselves. Drama with them goes deeper but this is not the place to be reading that book.

Im happier in life when we stick to just our true friends group and real people

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Only those without children will relate to this, but I get the scene that I'm seen as incomplete because I chose not to bring more humans into the world. That I'm made to feel like I can't possibly have a worthwhile life without a family a family or children to come home to. That because I'm not parenting, I therefore don't have things that fulfil me. I therefore become an afterthought, become a person people can't relate too, become someone who apparently has it easy.

19. Thanks Klasse Act, DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes opie, Klasse Act, dlc95, dgage liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast