autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sad Saturday…

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sad Saturday…

Yea. I have been through it. You get older, people and friends grow apart for whatever reasons.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have always been of the opinion that friendships work both ways, it can't be a single sided effort to maintain one.
    Man this is such a true statement! You find out who your real friends are with that quote. I bet i could only count on one hand of the actual friends i have...that i could call if i needed a hand in some way that would come help if they were not already committed to something else in some way, and not expect something in return.

Your quote also rings true for family too. For me.. my brothers are this to a T! They will whine that we dont get ahold of them and ask if i even care to have a part in there young kids lives...so i told them the phone works both ways, so its status qoe..see ya at the holidays. I hate when they invite us to the kids birthday parties cuz tgere will be no relationship with the kids cuz their moms and dads are asss holes. They also never get ahold of us either. We used to hang out almost every weekend and had some of the same friends. But they were the ones that pulled away (from the friends too) when they both got together with their now wives. They are self centered, onesided, love drama, both have a gaggle of kids. We are the exact opposite of all those things, so we keep our distance and to ourselves. Drama with them goes deeper but this is not the place to be reading that book.

Im happier in life when we stick to just our true friends group and real people

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes Flash Gordon, DFB, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Sorry to read that, I know how that feels.

I drifted apart from my friend group at high school. I got busy prioritizing work in the years after school, and I was not into parties and staying up to all hours drinking. So, we gradually just lost touch.

A couple of years ago, somehow, I reacted to a Facebook post from my closest buddy, who had since left town and had been working and living in the capital city. We had a bit of a chat via messenger and agreed to catch up over lunch when he was home for the weekend. I was pumped, we both got along so well, laughed a lot, he somehow brought me out of my shy self during the last two years of school.

Well, the morning of said lunch get together, he sent me a message saying that he was going home early and wouldn't be able to make it. I played it cool, said I understood, but it certainly hurt. Have not heard from him since.

I have always been of the opinion that friendships work both ways, it can't be a single sided effort to maintain one. This is one of the reasons why I love dogs, they just love you with all of their heart, never judge, always there for you when you are down.

My current situation is a cat on my lap (sharpening his claws on my leg) and a dog on each hip. Big ordeal just to go take a leak.
    My pets hate my laptop. They see it as a major distraction (I think they're smarter than me as far as that goes)

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best way to find out who your friends are is to call from jail or request help moving a sofa sleeper upstairs

8. Likes Tasmania, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Nah I get it. Maybe he’s got stuff going on in his life that’s got him down. Maybe he had to work.

Still friends since childhood I would give a better response. You only get so many good friends and that was dope of you to do.

It’s funny… I had the opposite happen. Guy I got pay in a fantasy league with some friends in AK that I know and that he knows. We’ve never met but communicate through a group chat.

Calls me up Saturday and had a friend who cancelled so he called to offer me his SeaHawks ticket to a box suite. He had other guys already in his group and coulda invited another friend or even some other guys from the group. He just thought we should meet and calls me 1st.

Black Friday weekend and I work retail so I couldn’t take off but I was wowed by jesture.

So if he ain’t got time for you it’s all good. You seem like a solid dude and there’s plenty of people out there who want to enjoy life…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you haven't responded back yet hit him with this:

"Man, that's a shame. I won these tickets on a radio contest that jergens lotion is sponsoring. Part of the deal (besides court side seats) is me (and whoever I bring) gets to rub lotion all over the bodies of the cheerleaders between breaks! I will try and send pics if my hands aren't too slippery.

Tallyho Mate!!"

10. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I certainly know the feeling of being let down by “friends”. As we get older it’s more and more difficult to make them

But just imagine if you had *no* friends to attempt to reach out to. Let’s just say I can tell you a few stories about that.

Probably not the type of person that you would want as a friend but I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Lots of people in this position. Covid only made it worse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm here if you ever need to talk.
    Do I have to sign a release form?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Probably not the type of person that you would want as a friend but I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Hey, thanks for the offer!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

14. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm that guy too.

My best bro since grade school knows this about me though, and always say "no big deal if you don't want to go". He usually has a big crew of work friends that I don't know and don't care to get to know. I have so much going on with the music stuff that I'm worn out being around people

But I take care of his truck and his mom's cars - never a charge. I stop by and help with projects. He's more like family than friend though.

To compound things, he and my gf went to school together since 2nd grade when she moved to the area. In 5th grade we consolidated parts of three elementary schools and that's when I met both of them!

Just last night my band played at a local, annual benefit put on by the local rock radio station (101.1 WRIF Detroit) called Toys For Tots. He showed up to that and after he stopped by the condo for a visit and took off after a lotbof laughs. Tonight the three of us with my mom are probably going to drive around an look at the Christmas lights. Fridays we're all going to a play at Oakland University. When his mom is in town she goes too. It's fun, and honestly feels more like family than friends. I lost a lot of family due to my socio-political views, so having life long friends of similar views is a great sort of "consoation" prize.

16. Likes Bosko, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Hey, thanks for the offer!
    I may leave you feeling worse then when you called.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast