autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sad Saturday…

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sad Saturday…

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Only those without children will relate to this, but I get the scene that I'm seen as incomplete because I chose not to bring more humans into the world. That I'm made to feel like I can't possibly have a worthwhile life without a family a family or children to come home to. That because I'm not parenting, I therefore don't have things that fulfil me. I therefore become an afterthought, become a person people can't relate too, become someone who apparently has it easy.
    I just tell them

“It’s all good. I get that your life was not enough before your family that you needed that to make you whole. I’m OK with who I am and we’re I’m at that I don’t NEED kids or Family to validate me…….glad you had one to validate you. If it makes you happy then I’m happy for you.”

“Now excuse me while I go do a buck 20 in my 50 to the beach”

People like that can’t imagine you not having kids because they were probably really sad or depressed. There “family” changed that for them and can’t imagine someone who was not in their space that is content with out….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I just tell them

“It’s all good. I get that your life was not enough before your family that you needed that to make you whole. I’m OK with who I am and we’re I’m at that I don’t NEED kids or Family to validate me…….glad you had one to validate you. If it makes you happy then I’m happy for you.”

“Now excuse me while I go do a buck 20 in my 50 to the beach”

People like that can’t imagine you not having kids because they were probably really sad or depressed. There “family” changed that for them and can’t imagine someone who was not in their space that is content with out….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand people wanting a family and children, if it makes those people happy, then so be it. Just don't belittle me or dimmish my value in life because I made a different decision.

Although no one would actually say it, but there are times when I can tell people are jealous or resentful that I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want to. I work, then I go and do what makes me happy.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only those without children will relate to this, but I get the scene that I'm seen as incomplete because I chose not to bring more humans into the world. That I'm made to feel like I can't possibly have a worthwhile life without a family a family or children to come home to. That because I'm not parenting, I therefore don't have things that fulfil me. I therefore become an afterthought, become a person people can't relate too, become someone who apparently has it easy.
    As long as they have nore than one kid...just tell them simply, hey you brought enough into this world for the both of us. Lol

But seriously though, dont ever let anyone like that make you feel less than because your life choices may be different than that of the "standard" cookie cutter way of life.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand people wanting a family and children, if it makes those people happy, then so be it. Just don't belittle me or dimmish my value in life because I made a different decision.

Although no one would actually say it, but there are times when I can tell people are jealous or resentful that I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want to. I work, then I go and do what makes me happy.
    My buddy tells me this! cuz they cant go on a real vacation now like they did ever year...because they have a baby now. Lol

8. Likes DFB, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    My buddy tells me this! cuz they cant go on a real vacation now like they did ever year...because they have a baby now. Lol

I hope things change there because that's something your SUPPOSED to understand before you bring a person into the world. It sounds simple when I say this but think about this...you enter the hospital and there's 2 of you, afterwards there's 3 of you and that 3rd person depends on YOU and YOU alone to get by for quite some time️It really is the ultimate commitment, more than marriage even and once I heard my daughter cry the first time I knew my life wouldn't be the same

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DFB, opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I hope things change there because that's something your SUPPOSED to understand before you bring a person into the world. It sounds simple when I say this but think about this...you enter the hospital and there's 2 of you, afterwards there's 3 of you and that 3rd person depends on YOU and YOU alone to get by for quite some time️It really is the ultimate commitment, more than marriage even and once I heard my daughter cry the first time I knew my life wouldn't be the same

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Please dont misunderstand good sir, he says it jokingly and laughs, but i know he does miss the freedom a bit. But they planned it and knew the sacrifices that'll be made. He is a family guy at his core as both are always doing something with thier familys

12. Likes DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No kids for me but thankfully I’ve never been belittled for my decision. I’m very happy with my freedom and wouldn’t give it up. Those around me seem content that I’m childless (not that it matters).
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

14. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Depression once happened to someone I knew. He practically withdrew from everything for two weeks but after that he was fine. It can be a nasty thing and how long it lasts varies from person to person.
    I told Cheri that I feel like I've been "dead" since I lost my car wash in 2014. Part of me died with the money I lost and the failure I became. I was always an extreme failure in life, a loser, but that was my shot out - or so I thought.

It was really bad in 2015, 2018, and this time last year was probably closest I came to a self induced exit.

I've been that way to a degree since high school.

It's really sticky. Like molasses and quicksand.

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got that a little bit through the years.

I was engaged to be married back in 2006. The date was going to be in September of 08, but in 07 she started hooking up with one of her co-workers. He got her hooked on hard drugs and heavy alcohol consumption. She was "ruined" in my eyes, as was the prospect for me having kids - eventhough she tried to come back a few times.

My ex fiancé was the last time I considered having a family, let alone getting legally married.

When my current gf and I got together in 2012 she told me she had NO interest in having kids. We were 35 then, and obviously we stuck to that.

Today I'm REALLY happy with how things have turned out.

In July we found a stray kitten, and the amount of work it took to nurse her back to health, protect the furniture from the claws, and manage the gallons of urine she produces is enough work in and of itself! I can't imagine having to do this for a little human.

No, not for me.

But we've both experienced what you're talking about to varying degrees.

18. Thanks DFB, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post

The singer from one of my bands has a little son, with second on the way. That band is done now. That and the bassists wife went crazy over political stuff and cheated on him! That was also last year. We got together a couple time over the summer, but just can't make it work.. It might be done for the foreseeable future.

20. Likes opie liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast