autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

JD and CR are worthless sources IMHO. I got a survey from them about my car. Filled the entire thing out (30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back). All they kept asking was about stupid crap I really cared less about... nothing about actual function or performance of the vehicle. Complete waste of my time.

BUT! I’m glad to see KIA at the top they and Hyundai have come a long way.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Kia Stinger ‘Atlantica’ Limited Edition : Brings Euro Features To U.S.

Kia Stinger GT is gearing up for a 500-unit production run under the ‘Atlantica’ moniker, as U.S. buyers will now benefit from a bunch of EU-inspired mods.

The limited edition Stinger comes with a unique paint, new wheels and a Nappa leather interior. Furthermore, there is exclusive numbered badging as well as new equipment features.

“The Atlantica edition introduces more European flare while distinguishing itself with exclusive badging and features not previously offered by Kia in the U.S. market.”

Kia has yet to decide how much it will charge for the Stinger GT Atlantica, so we’ll have to wait until we get closer to its summer on-sale date to find out.

3. Likes derek0609, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    JD and CR are worthless sources IMHO. I got a survey from them about my car. Filled the entire thing out (30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back). All they kept asking was about stupid crap I really cared less about... nothing about actual function or performance of the vehicle. Complete waste of my time.

yes, they have come a long way.
    Is it crap to obtain information about the experiences owners are having with their autos? Did you think the same about Car & Driver with their horrible long term review of the 2016 Nissan Titan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    Don’t you think that in terms of Porsche, the reliability (and bear in mind it’s only for initial not for years) has to do with the limited amount built compared to Lexus or Toyota?
    I am not sure how they calculate it. But I believe it is based on percentage. So if they contact 1000 people, they see what percentage had issues with the vehicule. Anyway that is the way I believe they are doing it. So for exemple, if the score is 100, that would mean 100 people out of a 1000 (or 10%) had issues with the car within the first two years of purchase.

If this is incorrect, please correct me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post

Do you still have a copy of it? I am really curious to see what they inquire about!

In my mind, it would all be based on issues with the vehicle. So for instance, a car that doesn't have good handling, or has a bad power delivery should not be part of the list. What they want to know is if the car is reliable, not if it's a good car.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a Pacifica replacement down the road Derek?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I am not sure how they calculate it. But I believe it is based on percentage. So if they contact 1000 people, they see what percentage had issues with the vehicule. Anyway that is the way I believe they are doing it. So for exemple, if the score is 100, that would mean 100 people out of a 1000 (or 10%) had issues with the car within the first two years of purchase.

If this is incorrect, please correct me.
    There are 2 different ratings from CR. One on the performance, controls, fit and finish, etc. that they base on testing and the other, reliability based on surveys given to CR subscribers from which they extrapolate info showing different areas of each model car such as engine, transmission, suspension, etc and how many people have experienced problems or no problems in those areas broken down into model years of that vehicle. It’s called sampling and perfectly legitimate despite what the other poster said.

Post Thanks / Like

I know Porsche was brought up and I know EVERY car has it's issues but a guys channel I follow on YouTube, Nick Murray, has a brand new 9 1 1 that had a parking brake failure and it rolled down the driveway...with him chasing after it, ###Yes, I bought a KIA

Ambitious auto companies are a threat and at the very least "should" bring quality up across the board, I've got my bucket of popcorn for this oneYes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

One issue is anecdotal though. Even the best of the best can have an issue. The importance is the average. If a lot of new Porshe owners start having issues, that is what you want to know before buying. I look at it as playing the loto. You want to buy the ticket that gives you the best chance of winning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Well, I don't have a lot of experience with Cadillacs. I have only detailed 2 in my life... but I was really not impressed. Am not sure what a Cadillac ATS
    sells for, but when I compare them to the Audis and BMWs I usually work on, it felt cheap. Also, it had this seriously annoying entertainment system that anytime you
    touched it (even with the power off and the keys not even in the car) it would collapse on itself and retract inside the enclosure. After trying to clean it for 15 minutes I
    gave up on it. Owner was probably curious why the car was in mint condition inside except the infotainment screen

I think the americal car industry needs to wake up and up their quality. The cars are not even cheaper than imports anymore. When I shopped for my car in 2016, I was
    thinking I might for for the Ford Festiva ST, it seems like a very nice Hot Hatch and the reviews about how fun it was to drive were compelling. Then when I started shopping,
    it was super expensive compared to other cars in it's category... and Ford has less than a stellar reputation for reliability and customer support... so in the end I went for a Kia
    Rio which was better equiped and had a better warranty. I even decided against the Hatchback and went with the Sedan... really happy about my purchase so far. Especially when
    I keep reading about Ford transmissions being a source of many troubles for their owners. I don't know if Festiva transmissions are in that lot, but when you read some people are on
    their 5th transmission in 4 years... OUCH!
    some auto manufacturers have been around for many decades and IMO should be better than what they are. if you don't make an updated product that competes (or is up to par) with others you have no one to blame except yourself. the automotive market is highly competitive and there are going to be other auto manufacturers more hungrier (aka: competition) and will try harder to push the envelope/boundaries (spending a lot of money on R&D and so forth) to not only make things easier/more convenient but safer for the consumer. Kia/Hyundai remind me of LG/Samsung but in the Automotive world and aren't slowing down anytime soon...

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast